Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One last thing about the FSD Beta Button...

There's been a lot of speculation about whether or not the beta button will show up on the Refreshed S's. Elon hasn't stated that this group of cars would be excluded.

It'll be interesting to see if it shows up...
Yeah I had this thought too, not necessarily because of the refresh sensors but more related to the yoke.

Here's my concern: as FSD is doing something silly on city streets, like turning sharply into a curb, the yoke will be rotating quickly.

With a round wheel, you can just leave your hands at 9 and 3 and loosely let the wheel slide through your fingers until you need to take over by tightening your grip on the rim of the wheel.

With the yoke, this becomes much more challenging due to its awkward shape. Taking over quickly will become pretty tricky, IMHO.

@MarcG Congrats, she is a dream. Can I just have you pick up my car (whenever the hell it gets here) and do all these XPEL, wheels, tint...things to it?? Oh, I too noticed the beautifully staged shots!
Btw, you'll now have to split the cost of my XPEL Ulti+ Stealth wrap with @HFh now.
Thanks! And haha yeah, this reminds me of the neighbor that always says "Let me pull my car up next" while I'm washing mine 😝

I asked Alset, my PPF installer if they
had noticed any imperfections after having more time with the car.
Paint, panel gaps, interior...

I was thrilled with their response:
Nothing crazy so far, or at least nothing we haven't been able to correct really easy.
Out of all the S plaids we've had down here, yours is definitely in the best shape.

They sent me a few photos of the work in progress. The PPF is already installed on the hood. They will be giving me a video of the installation when I pick it up next week. I will put the video on YouTube and post a link here.
View attachment 712931View attachment 712932View attachment 712933View attachment 712934View attachment 712935
For anyone interested, Alset installs Bulk Cut Stek PPF (Seattle). Ceramic coating is “a proprietary blend mfg in Boston”

Yep, retired.
We appreciate all that you did! :)

sadness-inside-out.gif

I finally got my MSLR delivered today. They dropped it off without letting me know it was there.

The wait was definitely worth it!

Impressions
Acceleration - The initial take-off from a stand still was not as impressive as I thought it would be. After 40 mph the car takes off like a rocket though. They definitely slowed the car down 0-40 to not compete with the Plaid. With a quicker 0-40 I think this car could do 2.6 0-60.
Handling - I think the handling is pretty good for such a heavy car. I played around with all of the suspension settings. The car definitely has grip, but the steering is pretty numb and it isn't agile. It does not come close to the handling of a Taycan, sorry fellas.
Braking - Average brakes, I expected them to be better coming from driving BMW's and Porsches. Something Telsa can work on, but good enough for a daily driver.
Comfort - In the softer settings the car rides so smooth and has such a comfortable ride. I would say the ride comfort is much better than the Taycan. For a daily driver I prefer it to be more comfortable than better handling.
Interior - The new interior is dramatically better than the previous model S, the seats are very comfortable and the screen is gorgeous.
Exterior - I didn't find any paint defects or huge panel gaps.

Issues: The rear speakers, subwoofer, Bluetooth mic and voice control all of a sudden stopped working. I tried resetting the system and it still didn't work. Have a service appointment scheduled on Monday morning. The sound system sounded great when it was working though.

I also installed the 2020 oem CF rear spoiler. Planning on dropping the car off to have the wheels powder coated on Monday or Tuesday also.

IMG_5455.jpg

IMG_5456.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5456.jpg
    IMG_5456.jpg
    619.5 KB · Views: 34
I finally got my MSLR delivered today. They dropped it off without letting me know it was there.

Impressions
Acceleration - The initial take-off from a stand still was not as impressive as I thought it would be. After 40 mph the car takes off like a rocket though. They definitely slowed the car down 0-40 to not compete with the Plaid. With a quicker 0-40 I think this car could do 2.6 0-60.
Handling - I think the handling is pretty good for such a heavy car. I played around with all of the suspension settings. The car definitely has grip, but the steering is pretty numb and it isn't agile. It does not come close to the handling of a Taycan, sorry fellas.
Braking - Average brakes, I expected them to be better coming from driving BMW's and Porsches. Something Telsa can work on, but good enough for a daily driver.
Comfort - In the softer settings the car rides so smooth and has such a comfortable ride. I would say the ride comfort is much better than the Taycan. For a daily driver I prefer it to be more comfortable than better handling.
Interior - The new interior is dramatically better than the previous model S, the seats are very comfortable and the screen is gorgeous.

Issues: The rear speakers, subwoofer, Bluetooth mic and voice control all of a sudden stopped working. I tried resetting the system and it still didn't work. Have a service appointment scheduled on Monday morning. The sound system sounded great when it was working though.

I also installed the 2020 oem CF rear spoiler. Planning on dropping the car off to have the wheels powder coated on Monday or Tuesday also.

View attachment 713303

View attachment 713317
What software version is it running? Just curious since I wanna have the sub activate when it’s delivered to me this Saturday.

Impressions

View attachment 713303

View attachment 713317
For a guy with a Porsche GT3 (and tracks it) and some experience behind the wheel of a Porsche Taycan, I'm surprised you didn't order the MS Plaid instead of the MS LR. Regarding handling, the suspension may be the same in the LR as the Plaid but the LR doesn't have Torque Vectoring...not sure how much better the handing is with the Torque Vectoring, but I know with my previous Porsche Turbo, it seems like Porsche thinks it's pretty important to have for the car's suspension and good handling characteristics. Anyway, enjoy your new car.

For a guy with a Porsche GT3 and some experience behind the wheel of a Porsche Taycan, I'm surprised you didn't order the MS Plaid instead of the MS LR. Regarding handling, the suspension may be the same in the LR as the Plaid but the LR doesn't have Torque Vectoring...not sure how much better the handing with the Torque Vectoring, but I know with my previous Porsche Turbo, it seems like Porsche thinks it's pretty important to have for the car's suspension and good handling characteristics. Anyway, enjoy your new car.
T/V can totally alter a car's handling characteristics, as it will literally pull you out of the corner the more power you apply. Go drive an Acura RDX with SH-AWD, and you will see what I mean, and that's not even T/V with an EV. T/V will transform the Plaid from a kinda biggish feeling car into a car that scoots out of corners, and can cheat its weight. However, he doesn't have the Plaid, so in all respect, it won't make a difference. They can add brake-vectoring, but not true T/V. :)

T/V can totally alter a car's handling characteristics, as it will literally pull you out of the corner the more power you apply. Go drive an Acura RDX with SW-AWD, and you will see what I mean, and that's not even T/V with an EV. T/V will transform the Plaid from a kinda biggish feeling car into a car that scoots out of corners, and can cheat its weight. However, he doesn't have the Plaid, so in all respect, it won't make a difference. They can add brake-vectoring, but not true T/V. :)
Haha. That's what I've been driving since March after I sold my Jag I-Pace HSE EV...been driving my daughter's 2019 Acura RDX AWD A-Spec and yes, I also remember my Porsche Macan Turbo with the torque vectoring as well. It definitely helps! :cool:

Haha. That's what I've been driving since March after I sold my Jag I-Pace HSE EV...been driving my daughter's 2019 Acura RDX AWD A-Spec and yes, I also remember my Porsche Macan Turbo with the torque vectoring as well. It definitely helps! :cool:
Amazing right? And that one pushes unless you are under power, which won't happen with the Plaid. Even while you're off the accelerator in the Plaid, they can regen either side to rotate the car under neutral conditions. Should be insane!

Yes you can change to Tesla finance, Tesla lease, or third party finance no issue at any point. Or change from any of those three to cash no problem.
Cool. Seems safe to select lease and lock in the lease pricing. Seems likely that you could always switch to cash and have no trouble with pricing changes. Just show up with a check made out for the right amount and you're done.

Great first impressions video from Black Tesla on the Model S Plaid! He's had Teslas for a long time, so it's awesome to get his impressions.

Nice overall driving impressions and review. Again though...another one launching the MS Plaid (likely 0-60-80+ mph) on a residential street, likely with a 35-40mph speed limit. It's probably best to limit launches for non-residential streets. It's just not a good idea where there's a chance of a child running out into the road or whatever. It's kinda dumb. Just saying.

Nice overall driving impressions and review. Again though...another one launching the MS Plaid (likely 0-60-80+ mph) on a residential street, likely with a 35-40mph speed limit. It's probably best to limit launches for non-residential streets, especially where there's a chance of a child running out into the road or whatever. It's kinda dumb. Just saying.
Agreed. I'm a huge fan of seeing the Plaid's performance on the street, but you gotta be smart with it. Looked like he only went to 50 though, so that's good.😀