Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Earlier, I posed the question, "I wonder if only 2nd and 3rd tier EAP members got the invite button?" Now I wonder if only those with FSD get the button?
I'm too lazy to find an exact source right now, but you can take my word for it... You do need to have FSD to get The Button. Elon did say that if you were on a monthly subscription for FSD that you could get the button, too.

Might be they had to release the cars stored next to the train tracks at Freemont to meet EOQ quota...

It did rain in SF recently.

If I am right, they may be some comments after these folks take delivery..
There was a thunderstorm yesterday afternoon in the Palm Springs area. I saw at least 2 car transporters on the 10 headed east to AZ.
plus I saw this rained on Plaid (Blk with cream and wood) awaiting delivery at the local Cathedral City Tesla center

Attachments

• IMG_1485.jpg
    IMG_1485.jpg
    711.2 KB · Views: 81
So this safety score. Anyone know if it’s tagged to the car or the driver profile? Asking for a friend!

It’s tied to the vehicle. This is from the website:

How does my Safety Score work if I have more than one vehicle?
Your Safety Score is vehicle specific. If you have more than one Tesla vehicle, each one of
your Tesla vehicles will have its own Safety Score.”

There was a thunderstorm yesterday afternoon in the Palm Springs area. I saw at least 2 car transporters on the 10 headed east to AZ.
plus I saw this rained on Plaid (Blk with cream and wood) awaiting delivery at the local Cathedral City Tesla center
That is the exact spot where they parked my car for delivery on 9/19. It is dopey that they don't park it in the areas with rain protection. Would have loved some shade on 9/19 as that sun was beating down like a MF.

My car was delivered with all the pieces. My DA spent at least 30 minutes with me. When I schedule service I get an appointment within a few days unless there’s a parts delay. Service communicates quickly and effectively with me. I get a loaner when I need one.

Why is my experience different than what’s others report here again and again?

My car was delivered with all the pieces. My DA spent at least 30 minutes with me. When I schedule service I get an appointment within a few days unless there’s a parts delay. Service communicates quickly and effectively with me. I get a loaner when I need one.

Why is my experience different than what’s others report here again and again?
The entire service and/or purchasing experience really seems to vary according to SC location.

While I've had great service experiences with the Las Vegas SC, the purchasing experience through them two years ago was horrible.

Las Vegas's mobile tech guys have been great so far, too.

For the fourth time this month, I have entered the beginning of my EDD period only to have it changed to a later EOQ EDD one day after entering the period. I rushed to made adjustments and moved money in my various accounts before the first Sept EDD like a sucker.

I'm upset at falling for the message in the apology email since it turns out Tesla has actual information on my order which my SA thankfully shared only after I asked (i.e. I am slated for an October production car) but they are using the supposedly most accurate online EDD in the email to either (a) keep me ready to help them meet EOQ sales numbers if another order holder can't take EOQ delivery, or (b) screw with their customers by not sharing the actual date and instead dangling and pulling away incorrect dates like Lucy with the football.

To be charitable to Tesla, I assume it is the former but wish they could just be honest and say here is the date we currently have for your production BUT we could match you to a car earlier if a customer cancels an order or can't take delivery. Then getting an early car would seem like a lucky bonus and Tesla could still have backup customers ready to pounce if they got lucky.

It's a good thing that the MB EQS is not available yet and I have too much range anxiety to buy the Taycan because Tesla has worn any patience I have for waiting completely away.

My timeline so far:

EDD post Tesla apology email: 9/30-10/20
Shortly after: 9/20-9/30
About Sept. 1: 9/18-9/29
Sept. 10: SA said I am matched to Oct. production/delivery
Sept. 11: 9/15-9/29
Sept. 16: 9/18-9/27
Sept. 19: 9/21-30
Sept. 22: 9/24-30
Sept. 25: 9/27-30
ARGH

1632585829803.png

MSLR, MS with black, 19" wheels, no FSD, Ordered May 1 in mall, RN1148

New thread for FSD driving button on 2021 Plaid & Long Range:

Personally, I'm not sure I will bother with the FSD Beta testing, especially just after I take delivery of my MS Plaid. I mean I understand the reasoning behind the 7-day (or longer?) driving evaluation but I'm getting the current quickest production vehicle in the world and I'm supposed to drive like a grandma for a week (or likely much longer...as long as FSD Beta is still going on)? That just makes no sense. :rolleyes:

My guess is that although 90% of my driving is very tame, mostly highway driving, but 10% is fun, spirited driving...which I know will be a no-no for the FSD Beta (and remember you have Big Brother watching you via the in-cabin camera too and sending that data back to Tesla as well as the actual driving data)...so what's the point of someone like me testing it right now? I say, let the M3 and MY owners have at it and hopefully Tesla releases a working version of FSD some time later this year or maybe next year.

So, I say 'Thank You' to all those with their new refresh MS Plaids/LRs who participate in FSD Beta and allow Tesla to collect all your driving & attentiveness data...thank you, Big Brother contestants for being the guinea pigs, although really, we should just let all the M3 & MY folks with (purchased & subscription) FSD take care of this, imho. 🙏;)

I'm too lazy to find an exact source right now, but you can take my word for it... You do need to have FSD to get The Button. Elon did say that if you were on a monthly subscription for FSD that you could get the button, too.
@Phlier All good now. I tried again to log in and out of the app and that worked this time!

Safety Score.jpg

Last edited:
Finally the day is here
Missing a few things and noticed a few things:
License plate frame
Floor mats
Back carpet not sticking to ground
Trunk sounds loud when opening
Privacy flap
Small side trunk cover missing

that’s all I found SO far. Paint looks great.

Attachments

• E2D3297A-7F6D-4BB1-9FDA-FCA6FC3FD4BE.jpeg
    E2D3297A-7F6D-4BB1-9FDA-FCA6FC3FD4BE.jpeg
    501 KB · Views: 68