Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, but we're talking "weight reduction" -- 40lb. unsprung weight reduction, 10lb. at each corner and no significant difference. I guess the weight reduction would need to be at least 100lb. maybe for a significant performance improvement then huh?
I’m just getting these because they look good
99CBE53F-11C9-4718-9932-5B9D0D629873.jpeg

There is nothing in the Tesla store right now - if you are looking fro tires, head over to someplace like Tire Rack and shop by size:

View attachment 714445
Okay, fine, but then how do I get them installed? I’m thinking about swapping in new tires, but….

edit: …I don’t know what I’m saying. I mean wheels.

Last edited:
No because I need to try to move something on my work schedule to do so. I reached out but probably won't hear back from my business lead until Monday. If I set an appointment and have to cancel or miss it, will Tesla freak out and dump my order?
I would try to set an appointment for the latest available Tuesday and then call and get it moved to Wednesday if that ends up being what you need. That locks the car up for you the longest. Don't miss the appointment - just have your sales advisor change it.

The first 5 of the last 8 gives a better idea how fresh your car is. For example, mine is MF331xxx which was a June 3rd build but turned out to be just fine.

because there’s enough torque available to reach the traction limit of the tires which negates any benefit from less rotational inertia.
I suspect you are correct. The car obviously has enough power to blow the tires off at lower speeds. Tesla has developed traction control sophisticated enough to deliver awesome acceleration while allowing those with average skills to keep the car pointing in a straight line. The car does almost exactly the same thing over and over and over again. It really is impressive.

Now that unsprung weight reduction will show it's head on ride quality and handling characteristics.

Alright. this car better be coming in November. lol. I'm running out of projects to keep myself occupied so I don't think about this dang wait. lol. luckily mine pushed back it's start a week because I would have been out of town. but all that's missing now for my garage is the MS sitting in the blank space.

(I laid down one of the floors I kept seeing people post, looks amazing)

Attachments

• 20210926_172940.jpg
    20210926_172940.jpg
    850 KB · Views: 64
Alright. this car better be coming in November. lol. I'm running out of projects to keep myself occupied so I don't think about this dang wait. lol. luckily mine pushed back it's start a week because I would have been out of town. but all that's missing now for my garage is the MS sitting in the blank space.

Any details on the floor? I like it.

@doubleshot If I may ask, what did that floor cost you and where did you get it? Costco?

I suspect you are correct. The car obviously has enough power to blow the tires off at lower speeds. Tesla has developed traction control sophisticated enough to deliver awesome acceleration while allowing those with average skills to keep the car pointing in a straight line. The car does almost exactly the same thing over and over and over again. It really is impressive.

Now that unsprung weight reduction will show it's head on ride quality and handling characteristics.
Exactly! Take this, and then extrapolate it to 5 times this amount of hp and torque, and this is what the Plaid naturally wants to do with no T/C. The work Tesla has put into these systems is truly breathtaking:
(Starts at 2:09)

OK really DO NOT recommend this, as who knows what damage this is inflicting on the motors and drivetrain, not to mention the tires, but here is the Plaid with no T/C. Please don't do this to your beautiful cars guys:

this is what I got. took about 2 weeks to get after ordering.

Graphite and Alloy mix.
@doubleshot Thanks! I had thought Cisco as I saw they had several choices, including these.

Edit: Tons of fir needles by me, so need a closed system like this one

https://www.costco.com/motofloor-modular-garage-flooring-tiles-48-square-feet-per-box-1'-x-1'-tiles.product.100009181.html

Attachments

• 65405913683__4F5449C7-3D31-454A-99B4-C5291C208878.jpeg
    65405913683__4F5449C7-3D31-454A-99B4-C5291C208878.jpeg
    442.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Have a question about payment:
Being in texas don’t have an option to inspect and then pay. I would have much rather paid with direct transfer or however after inspecting. So options for payment are Plaid bank transfer or ACH or mail certified check to Fremont?
what’s the best way to do this. Seems Plaid is very convenient. Any issues with that wrt sharing bank information. Should I rather do a wire transfer initiated from my bank?
Also planning to do it a day before delivery. Is that ok? Any suggestions.
I’m just getting these because they look goodView attachment 714674
I concur.

Attachments

• DC8928B7-0CFD-4AC6-A540-25DAE15B0CCF.png
    DC8928B7-0CFD-4AC6-A540-25DAE15B0CCF.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 63