Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. Have a closer look. They route to your financial center’s credentials challenge. The API prevents them from recovering/seeing any password info. The bank itself has to approve the linkage and method of interaction to your accounts. To be super nutty safe, I link it only to my holding account that exists just to move and receive funds. :)

Yup. Agreed.
Call me paranoid:

Here, this post has the part numbers for both the grey and black center cap and the black lug nut covers -- order them through Parts: #26
Since I have never done this I must suffer from some level of learning here. I go to the parts catalog, I find a part. That's it- it just shows it to me. How do I actually buy it?
1632745638265.png

Since I have never done this I must suffer from some level of learning here. I go to the parts catalog, I find a part. That's it- it just shows it to me. How do I actually buy it?View attachment 714845
Put the part #s into a service request. Category other.

Or stop by your SC service desk and ask for them. But risking they may need to order in any case.

Put the part #s into a service request. Category other.

Or stop by your SC service desk and ask for them. But risking they may need to order in any case.
OK- I do not have a car yet so I cannot place a service request. I guess this goes to the whole Rich Rebuilds complaint on how hard they make it to get parts. I guess I will have to wait.

OK- I do not have a car yet so I cannot place a service request. I guess this goes to the whole Rich Rebuilds complaint on how hard they make it to get parts. I guess I will have to wait.
If parts catalogue says no VIN required you may be able to buy them at SC. But there is a possibility the service desk will still want them tag to a vehicle because the system requires it. That was my experience so we just tagged the order to our X. You can always use a friends tesla for SC to assign them to something that exists.

Interesting that you decided on 295’s on the front too. Did Jamie recommend that or are you just a “square“ aficionado.
I started by wanting to go “all out” 295/325 on 10.5 and 12 on 21” without any poke. The 325’s won’t fit. I considered the 285/305 20” package on 10 and 11. Also considered 22”. In the end using the OEM rear all around appealed to me for some reason. Jamie says its flush in the front. He adjusted the offset rear to be flush as well. 10.5” width all around.

Yes. Dragtimes got 1.96 seconds to 60 with his setup, and I think that's about where those wheel improvements may end. Maybe a couple tenths faster with 18" wheels and drag slicks.
But without a proper "Tire Warmup" mode (read: burnout), it's going to be impossible to heat those slicks up enough to get any decent traction out of them. :(

Elon, we need a "Tire Warmup" mode!

If parts catalogue says no VIN required you may be able to buy them at SC. But there is a possibility the service desk will still want them tag to a vehicle because the system requires it. That was my experience so we just tagged the order to our X. You can always use a friends tesla for SC to assign them to something that exists.
That is a good idea on the friends portion- the SC is 45 min away so not worth a special trip.

Hm. I suppose even Tesla does it?
You can simply order the OEM wheel and/or whatever the current tires are through Parts/Service (just open a ticket via the app) but your paying Tesla labor rates for no good reason. I am always a fan of building a relationship with a local tire shop--super helpful if you need a tire patched in a hurry, and a lot of places will throw in free rotations, etc.

Tire prices seem to be pretty comparable for the same tire between Tesla and Tire Rack.

Well during our convo a VIN appeared. Finally! but it says Sept 28-30th. 5YJSA1E65MF4xxxxx

Looks like they've cleared the last of order config types holding delivery off then; we're seeing white int/CF/19" early orders all being delivered Q3 (hopefully). I was not a Plaid+ original order for clarity, but looks like 3 converted Plaid+ folks here with similar configs just got theirs first too. I'll probably add to my Tesla stock holding Monday then. It's a good sign.

I ordered within the first minute or two of Plaid being available on Battery Day. RN11394xxxx.

Plaid / Black exterior / White interior / carbon fiber / 19" wheels.

I have an estimated delivery of October 18th - November 8th.

I know those options were problematic, but it seems like tons of people with the same or similar configs have already gotten their cars or will very soon. I don't know why I was bumped to the back of the line behind so many others. Very, very frustrating. Been waiting over a year now.

okay so I picked up my Plaid yesterday, here are my thoughts:
Delivery:
~ For the most part delivery went super smooth. This is my 4th Tesla and I can tell you that Tesla has come a very long way when it comes to build quality and panel gaps etc. However, there were a few issues with interior that my SA promised will be addressed. Here are the issues:
1) Front Passenger Seat headrest not seated all the way - black threading visible only on the right side of the headrest
2) Driver seat wrinkles
3) Rear Right Passenger Seat wrinkles - looked crappy
4) Front Trim around the Screen had wrinkles :(
5) Plastic Trim piece under the trunk area next to tail lights was not aligned properly on the right side - it looked bad
6) Missing floor mats and license plat holder - as happened with several other users.

Honestly, the issues were miniscule compared to my past experiences :p

Impressions:
~ I picked up the car Sunday evening at SC in Ohio and immediately drove the car over 300 miles for rest of the day. I find the car to be:
1) Yoke is a non-issue - Yes, there is a learning curve involved and I did find myself looking for the missing stalks and top of the steering. But it's nothing I cannot get used to and all the other first impression videos and posts here helped me prepare for it immensely. My brother drove my car for only about 5 miles and even he felt like he can get used to Yoke easily.
2) Quieter and more comfortable than my 2020 Raven. The difference in ride quality was obvious to me within the first 5-10 miles. Driving on city streets is eerily quiet in this car and at highway speeds of over 80mph is when you start to hear some road/wind noise but compared to older Model S it's is significantly improved.
3) Acceleration on this thing is carnage, it makes Raven look like child's play especially at higher speeds. You feel the hard pull when you push the accelerator regardless of what your current speed is which is....insane....I mean Plaid 😎
4) Rear screen is marvelous and passengers love it.

Gripe: Only gripe I have is that I do not find the perforated seats on Plaid to be as comfortable and soft compared to my 2020 Raven. This is a huge bummer for me. For some reason passengers on the rear seats did not notice this, however, the stiffness of the driver and passenger seats was immediately evident to my gf and I. I do not know why it felt this way because apparently the consensus is that Plaid seats are more comfortable than 3/Y or Raven. I beg to differ on this one for now. May be the seats need to be broken in or something but they started to hurt our lower backs which is something we never experienced with my Raven. After sitting in my Plaid for over an hour my gf said she loved the center screen, wireless charging, door pockets and every other tiny thing Tesla updated, however, overall she likes my previous car better because of seat comfort 😮
Do I need a new gf? 🤣

Plaid is definitely a pleasant upgrade over my last gen Model S which I adore so freaking much and am kind of sad for saying goodbye to it. The stiffness of the seats has me slightly disappointed and leaves more to be desired, may be I'll get over it someday. Pics of delivery issues attached. I am sure some of you will find more sh*t wrong with my car :p
A huge thank you to all of you especially the ones who go out of their way to help others on this forum, the ones who dealt with my b*tching and moaning for the last few months and lastly the ones who are hilarious. Honestly, my wait wasn't even long compared to the most of you and I hope all of you get your cars soon so we all have something other than the delivery process to complain about 😉

Will post some pics of the car soon.

Attachments

• White Interior Baby!.jpg
    White Interior Baby!.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 69
  • What Rear Light Panel should look like.jpg
    What Rear Light Panel should look like.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 71
  • What Rear Light Panel actually looks like.jpg
    What Rear Light Panel actually looks like.jpg
    406.3 KB · Views: 87
  • What Screen Trim should be.jpg
    What Screen Trim should be.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Front Screen Trim wrinkles.jpg
    Front Screen Trim wrinkles.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 67
  • More Front Trim Wrinkles.jpg
    More Front Trim Wrinkles.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Rear Passenger Seat Wrinkles.jpg
    Rear Passenger Seat Wrinkles.jpg
    684.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Driver Seat Wrinkles.jpg
    Driver Seat Wrinkles.jpg
    802.6 KB · Views: 76
  • What Seat should look like.jpg
    What Seat should look like.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 72
  • What Seat actually looks with black thread sticking out (1).jpg
    What Seat actually looks with black thread sticking out (1).jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 75
I ordered within the first minute or two of Plaid being available on Battery Day. RN11394xxxx.

Plaid / Black exterior / White interior / carbon fiber / 19" wheels.

I have an estimated delivery of October 18th - November 8th.

I know those options were problematic, but it seems like tons of people with the same or similar configs have already gotten their cars or will very soon. I don't know why I was bumped to the back of the line behind so many others. Very, very frustrating. Been waiting over a year now.

Agree, this feels unfair. I would have expected you would be getting yours before Oct1. Hard to explain why not. Is your SA communicative? Mine isn't either, but in the case of a Plaid+ conversion they were supposed to have helped you get early dibs. Regardless, your order is 1year old. I'm on the 11th month and its was painful. Haven't had a car either for 4 months since I traded in. Was your EDD ever in Sept at any time? Maybe it's the xcountry part (you being in VA) but that seems doubful.