Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a July order, a November/December delivery. And much to my surprise Tesla called me yesterday morning and told me they had my car ready if I wanted it because of a canceled order. So I picked her up!
I'm like super stoked for you and hoping the same thing happens to me haha. Also early July order and currently showing Nov delivery on the same build (assuming not Plaid)

So even the PPF only lasts a few years?
Not sure anyone really knows the life span of it. But on older Porsche 911's that had PPF by the rear wheels, seems like I've always seen those sections turn yellow-ish (UV impact) over the years. Admittedly we are talking at least 10+ years for those.

Also removal of very old PPF (especially PPF thats been in blazing hot sun in hot climates) I can only imagine to be a bit..challenging to do in a manner that leaves the paint underneath 100% damage free?

Not sure if this is new or of interest - my lease approval expired (thanks Tesla!) - said good for only 90 days, I think it was actually held longer than that. Regardless, the account page showed something like, "prepare for delivery" and got me all excited.
I took a look, and the money factor on Tesla's lease is meh - about 4.32% converted give or take.
So, I may finance after all.
Anyway, when I put in for payment method, "cash" the prepare for delivery went away, and I was back to my standard account page.
I dunno. The prepare for delivery excited me, I think like it did over 90 days ago. Sigh. I did want a payment method in there, like my insurance card (which doesn't have the Tesla VIN) in an attemp to "check off all the boxes" and maybe have the Tesla monkey like me. So far, the only one who likes me is Leo, as he'll get his car before I get mine.

Took a drive last night with my MS. Realized how terrible the headlights are. If they every update the headlights I wouldn’t mind paying $1-2k to upgrade them. I’ve driven my friend’s 2020 MY and M3. The headlights are noticeably better. My Toyota with a $300 aftermarket projector and hid kit has better headlights. It definitely won’t get a Top Safety Pick from IIHS with these headlights.

Not sure anyone really knows the life span of it. But on older Porsche 911's that had PPF by the rear wheels, seems like I've always seen those sections turn yellow-ish (UV impact) over the years. Admittedly we are talking at least 10+ years for those.

Also removal of very old PPF (especially PPF thats been in blazing hot sun in hot climates) I can only imagine to be a bit..challenging to do in a manner that leaves the paint underneath 100% damage free?
PPF has evolved greatly in the last 10 years and quality installers are better at their craft today. Good installers wrap edges and today's PPF doesn't yellow.

I had a July order, a November/December delivery. And much to my surprise Tesla called me yesterday morning and told me they had my car ready if I wanted it because of a canceled order. So I picked her up! BUT I TRY TO CONNECT WIFI AND IT DOESNT FIND ANYTHING to connect to!! Anyone have a clue? I’m incredibly happy with it overall. It’s VERY FAST especially from 40-80 View attachment 715620

I see from the ONR bottle you gave her a good cleaning.

Any issues apart from the wifi?

I assume you tried a reboot.

I got a notification from Tesla saying there was an update to my account. Logged in and it was asking me to resubmit my credit application for my Model S purchase. I resubmitted and was approved for the same amount but with a different bank (original was US Bank, now it's Wells Fargo) and at a higher interest rate (original was 2.49%, not it 4.65%). Has this happened to anyone else? I tried calling Tesla but it goes to a voicemail system. Will I get a better answer on this by going to a showroom and getting help?
Happened with me before 2.49 with chase bank then 2.54 with BMO. $2 different in monthly payment. So i didn’t bother to call anyone and accepted that. But the way Tesla building my private Jet, seems like that its going to expire again and will get notification again that it’s expired.

Took a drive last night with my MS. Realized how terrible the headlights are. If they every update the headlights I wouldn’t mind paying $1-2k to upgrade them. I’ve driven my friend’s 2020 MY and M3. The headlights are noticeably better. My Toyota with a $300 aftermarket projector and hid kit has better headlights. It definitely won’t get a Top Safety Pick from IIHS with these headlights.
Did I miss the headlight repair?

They're unfortunately the same exact headlights from the 2016+ Model S. Yeah they're not great, even the Rav4 Prime I rode in recently has way better headlights.

I wonder if (and when) the new lights are available, if this is something an SC could upgrade? So long as the housing etc stays the same...who knows.
Could and will are two very different things. I have a feeling if it's the same housing, then it would be more likely to be a DIY upgrade than offered by the SC as a service. Although, I think if (and when) they update the headlights, they will be a fancier laser-array type and require different software, which is a whole 'nother issue.

My White on White Plaid with Carbon fiber and Arachnids is finally ready for pickup at the Carlsbad, CA delivery center. I have decided to keep my LR car and not upgrade to the Plaid. Is there anyone here that is interested in picking up this car? I might be able to ask my SA if I can transfer my reservation to someone here. I’m not looking to make any money on this transaction - I would just like to see the car go to a forum member that has been waiting a long time for this car. I’m not even sure if Tesla will allow such a thing, but I’m willing to try. DM me if interested
If this is still available, I am 100% interested!

Does anyone have any experience with PPF on the back fenders after putting some miles on? Any damage on the leading edge of the wheelwell?
2,400 miles in with Stek DYNOshield. No sign of any damage. Kind of wondering if the 21" 🦚🦚🦚 are experiencing this worse than us lowly 19" people🤣

IMG_2980.jpg

Off to pick up my EOQ Model S LR (after getting VIN and text delivery invite at the same time and 4 hours later a second delivery text saying schedule a delivery time asap or the car will be assigned to the next customer).

A big thank you to everyone here for all the advice and psychological counseling. FYI re: delays, my wife made me go to the Porsche and MB dealers last night to make sure I took a good look at the Taycan and could ask about the EQS so I wouldn't have buyer's remorse.

At Porsche, the only one they had was sold for 20k over MSRP according to the salesman. The 2 used ones they had were selling at a huge premium too (admittedly very low miles but noticeably more than new ones). The salesman said they weren't taking orders on Taycans anymore until they knew their allocation and said it would be at least until the middle of next year and that they would be charging a premium. My wife reminded me that they had ones to test drive months ago when I ordered the Tesla.

The MB dealer had cars but they were all marked up well over MSRP and the salesman said they wouldn't have EQS lists or more info than is available online until closer to the end of the year. He said he expected that in the current climate, that there would be similar if not greater markups over MSRP for those.

No buyers remorse (not that I was expecting any but availability and cost were not good). Hopefully, QC on my EOQ S won't be so bad that I regret it.

Thanks again.