Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slipped again yesterday. Now 12/13-1/2. Pretty sure Tesla is trying to delay my order as long as possible given my order is a LR with 19 inch wheels, black interior, no FSD, and ordered before the 10K price increase. Curious if others are in the same boat.
I’m in the exact same boat. Blue on black LR, no FSD, 19”, pre $10k hike, originally October, then December, then most recently Nov 4th, but today bumped back to Nov 22.

And my EDD moves out... Estimated Delivery: December 03 - December 23 After finishing up doing the credit re-submit yesterday.
Is it worth doing that again before I actually have a VIN?
I already got burned by that once. I’m not applying for credit again until I have a VIN in hand.

Pics are required. Thanks are given.
Joshua I will take better pictures later promise outside. Looks like you have the same build. Showing off all the tesla products in first view. The right car is a white model Y. Getting in it is much lower than the Model Y.

Love the Plaid. I updated the excel sheet. Show up under whites with vin now.

1. Doors a little janky in that you have to really close them with effort. Soft close does not close all the way. It tries to self lock but unless you closed with some force it does not close.

2. My Tesla App just keep spinning for this Tesla. I connected to wireless but connections seems slow still. Tried a hard reboot. Vent button for example does not work on mine yet.

3. Don't know where to add my "home" address yet?? Hard to find. Did homelink with garage opener successfully.

4. Getting ceramic and tints starting this weekend. Only about $1.1K combined. Not getting ppf, just cant justify the price in my head.

5. No idea yet how to engage autopilot. Not like the Y with the stalks. Getting out of the LOT was hilarious, I couldn't find the turn signals when I first left the lot. I picked up in Fremont not Dublin.

6. I did not receive floor mats??

Attachments

• IMG_3892.JPG
    IMG_3892.JPG
    425.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3893.JPG
    IMG_3893.JPG
    533.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3894.JPG
    IMG_3894.JPG
    427.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3896.JPG
    IMG_3896.JPG
    415.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3897.JPG
    IMG_3897.JPG
    472.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Joshua I will take better pictures later promise outside. Looks like you have the same build.

Love the car. I updated the excel sheet. Show up under whites with vin now.

1. Doors a little janky in that you have to really close them with effort. Soft close does not close all the way. It tries to self lock but unless you closed with some force it does work.

2. My Tesla App just keep spinning for this Tesla. I connected to wireless but connections seems slow still. Tried a hard reboot. Vent button for example does not work on mine yet.

3. Don't know where to add my "home" address yet. Hard to find. Did homelink with garage opener successfully.

4. Getting ceramic and tints starting this weekend. Only about $1.1K combined. Not getting ppf, just cant justify the price in my head.

5. No idea yet how to engage autopilot. Not like the Y with the stalks. Getting out of the LOT was hilarious, I couldn't find the turn signals when I first left the lot. I picked up in Fremont not Dublin.
THAT. IS. SO. DAMN. GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! OMG awesome spec! Congratulations! :D 🔋 🔋 🔋

Man, the same sh*t happens to me every single time. I took delivery of my 2020 Model S in Sep 2020 and two months later they announced the refresh. Now that I got Plaid, I'm sure the Plaid+ is gonna be announced in a couple of months especially considering Lucid is starting delivery of their 500+ mile car in a month 😒
I called lucid they have zero clue as to when delivery would happen. I will probably get my X before lucid would deliver.

Joshua I will take better pictures later promise outside. Looks like you have the same build. Showing off all the tesla products in first view. The right car is a white model Y. Getting in it is much lower than the Model Y.

Love the Plaid. I updated the excel sheet. Show up under whites with vin now.

1. Doors a little janky in that you have to really close them with effort. Soft close does not close all the way. It tries to self lock but unless you closed with some force it does not close.

3. Don't know where to add my "home" address yet?? Hard to find. Did homelink with garage opener successfully.

6. I did not receive floor mats??
Thats it mate! Car looks awesome the white interior is the one to go.

Last edited:
Was hoping that once we got past EOQ, I'd be closing in on a more narrow date. After sitting at 10/5 to 10/25 for 3 weeks, this morning it pushed out to 10/27 to 11/16 which is the furthest it has pushed back since I ordered (and something other than blank).
Had exactly the same experience. For many weeks it was sitting at 10/11-10/31 but today it updated to Nov 3 to Nov 23. I had also expected the date to actually move in a bit rather than move out a full month. My car is to be delivered to Paramus, NJ for pickup as I live in Vermont. Maybe the delay is for a longer shipping distance from factory? I am thinking there may be delays in trucking or other transport issue but moving out a month is a pretty big move.

Had exactly the same experience. For many weeks it was sitting at 10/11-10/31 but today it updated to Nov 3 to Nov 23. I had also expected the date to actually move in a bit rather than move out a full month. My car is to be delivered to Paramus, NJ for pickup as I live in Vermont. Maybe the delay is for a longer shipping distance from factory? I am thinking there may be delays in trucking or other transport issue but moving out a month is a pretty big move.
Assume we'd be on a similar delivery method. I was lined up for September, but then SA said hurricanes disrupted all deliveries to north east and they'd focus elsewhere. Not sure why we'd be pushed back again.

I called lucid they have zero clue as to when delivery would happen. I will probably get my X before lucid would deliver.
Dang! really? I guess they're spending a lot to get the press on their side then because there are these articles roaming around with how Lucid is set to deliver their 500+ mile electric car in a month or so. I doubted Tesla when it came to my delivering my Plaid this year and Tesla made me eat my words. So yeah you're probably right about receiving your Model X before Lucid lol

Tesla agreed to the $2,000 price reduction and will deliver tonight before midnight. I bet nobody else had a new Plaid in their driveway that they could not see for two days. Tesla also wanted copies of my driver's license even though I won't be driving it away from the service center.
Funny enough, there was at least one person who was away last EOQ that had their Plaid delivered to their driveway and had to just watch it on security cam until they got home. Might've even been two or three people., haha

If it makes you feel any better, I suspect I'm the chump on this forum. I'm also in the SF Bay Area and I ordered on Jan. 27 and STILL don't have my LR MSM/black/19s/No FSD. EDD moved a couple days ago from Sept 26-30 to Oct 20-Nov 9. Aaaaaaah!
Man you're not the only one. I ordered on Jan 27 with the exactly same config as yours. I got a VIN 5 days ago and it's gone this morning with a Dec EDD!

Tesla agreed to the $2,000 price reduction and will deliver tonight before midnight. I bet nobody else had a new Plaid in their driveway that they could not see for two days. Tesla also wanted copies of my driver's license even though I won't be driving it away from the service center.
The license check is verification that it’s you, not to let you drive it.

Oh, btw...

The other day when I drove down to the Las Vegas Tesla store, Tesla's web site showed zero Plaids available anywhere in the country. Yet there was a Plaid sitting at the SC with an "Available" sign in the window.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to show up at your local Tesla store and look around a bit. There are cars that end up not getting sold at the last minute for various reasons.

With today being the last day of the quarter, I'd be willing to bet that if you hang around a bit, there's bound to be a car or two that becomes available at the last minute. If you're flexible on the color/configuration, you might be in luck.

Plus, since it's the last day of the quarter and they don't want that car on the books, who knows... maybe they'll even throw in an incentive for you to take delivery of that car.