Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was going to mention this looks very familiar for the Model S body structure, and just looks unchanged. Some manufacturers often throw a piece of trim or plastic over spot weld points that would be visible, just isn't the case here.

I can show you some trunk/fender spot welds on Toyotas that are visible and very smooth...
Yes, I have both Toyota, BMW and Mercedes, their weld is so nice and smooth. I know not to expect too much from Tesla in terms of quality, but I was worried it might be a post damage from the delivery and was fixed, but I guess that's just the nature of Tesla. :D

Thank you so much for your reassurance and detail explanation. I feel very relieved and I really appreciate you and other forum members help throughout.. Now I am a happy camper and excited that I took the delivery now instead of end of year or early next year. :D
No yoke worms or seat wrinkles I take it?

If anyone was curious, a 65” TV fits perfectly in the trunk:

C7EAD0E4-0FD9-4884-8C2A-995AA38C5668.jpeg

You don’t have to wait for your scheduled appointment if you have a safety concern. Drive up to the service center and they’ll check in your car the same day. They usually start working on it the same day or the next.
Just to give another datapoint from this, as I was told the same thing about a safety concern. For context, I had 5x more systems fail. This is not necessarily true.

Took Tesla 5 days (the 5th day being the day I was supposed to get the car back) before telling me they hadn't had a chance to look at it yet physically to even diagnose it. Once I reminded them again that I had a PPF appointment on that following Monday they got someone to look at it and fixed it in 20 minutes.

YMMV but as everyone knows Tesla is delivering a ton of cars at the moment and things are a bit crazy.

Any thoughts on these mud flaps for the MS Plaid/LR? They claim they will fit the new 2021 MS Plaid/LR (possible "minor" drilling may be required...maybe just drill a few holes into the mud flaps themselves to align with the existing holes in the fender wells?????) ...

BTW -- still nothing listed on Amazon for 2021 MS Plaid/LR mud flaps and nothing with the usual Tesla accessory sites like Abstract Ocean, RPM Tesla, etc.

I always thought they warned to never set a large flat screen on its front or back as its own weight can crack it.
Don't you think the box has styrofoam and/or other packing materials holding the tv in place inside the box? And don't you think the manufacturers stack boxes of product (not necessarily vertical, standing up either) together when shipping these items out to retail stores? 🤔

Don't you think the box has styrofoam and/or other packing materials holding the tv in place inside the box? And don't you think the manufacturers stack boxes of product (not necessarily vertical, standing up either) together when shipping these items out to retail stores? 🤔
With the old LCD panels (not sure if it holds with today's sets), they took the box orientation pretty seriously.

My nephew worked at Best Buy in inventory management. If a guy was caught moving (or setting down) a flat screen panel in face down/face up orientation, it was immediate termination. Yeah, they took it *that* seriously.

But as mentioned... not a concern with OLED's, and possibly not with today's sets (the nano-LCD tech ones).

For the people missing items did you just submit what was missing in the Tesla service app?

That was the recommended approach suggested by another poster.

If it was me, all missing parts and defects would be photographed and reported by the app and a follow up text to the DA within 24hrs of delivery.

For those lucky folks with near perfect cars and free time, suggest download and print out all docs including MVPA and warranty.

Any thoughts on these mud flaps for the MS Plaid/LR? They claim they will fit the new 2021 MS Plaid/LR (possible "minor" drilling may be required...maybe just drill a few holes into the mud flaps themselves to align with the existing holes in the fender wells?????) ...

BTW -- still nothing listed on Amazon for 2021 MS Plaid/LR mud flaps and nothing with the usual Tesla accessory sites like Abstract Ocean, RPM Tesla, etc.

From some of the pics posted, I would waste no time on any mudflaps you can find.

Here is a thought...avoid screws and holes. Use the same 3M VHB foam tape or 3M Dual Lock "Velcro" used elsewhere in the car, like on the plate frame holder, etc. Available at Lowes.

That way, you can remove the flaps if something better comes along.

From some of the pics posted, I would waste no time on any mudflaps you can find.

Here is a thought...avoid screws and holes. Use the same 3M VHB foam tape or 3M Dual Lock "Velcro" used elsewhere in the car, like on the plate frame holder, etc. Available at Lowes.

That way, you can remove the flaps if something better comes along.
I like the plastic push pins though; should work to keep the mud flaps securly in place.

I like the plastic push pins though; should work to keep the mud flaps securly in place.

That would be easier. Suggest remove the pins and keep for later.

Put clay/putty on the flaps in area of existing holes.

Locate flaps and press in place. Putty should stick to flaps when removed. Drill into flaps where the holes are indicated by the impression.

You may need a longer two piece "rivet" due to flap thickness.