Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have the wrinkle, but rear center seat you can feel the materials underneath, kind of lumpy.

Hmmm, maybe something left behind, like a glove or PPE?

Since anything goes on this thread...and we could use a laugh after what some had been through recently...

Reminds me of the old carpet story. Guy was installing a carpet, noticed a lump in the center of the room. Figured it was his missing pack of cigarettes. Instead of removing the carpet, figured no one would notice if he just smashed it flat with a hammer.

Upon leaving the site, noticed his pack of cigs in his truck. About that time, the homeowner runs up and asks "Have you seen my kids pet hamster?"
🤔😬

OMG!! I LOVE YOU!! You made my day!! I was really worried about my crease, and how am I going to do a return. Now that I saw yours I think it's normal or at least the batch that was delivered to us.
Picked up my 2021 MS Tuesday. Back Wednesday. My 2017 S doors closed very easy. The new car takes a lot more effort to close. Service person said that's right they all do. I think it may have to do with making the car more soundproof inside. ??

That would be easier. Suggest remove the pins and keep for later.

Put clay/putty on the flaps in area of existing holes.

Locate flaps and press in place. Putty should stick to flaps when removed. Drill into flaps where the holes are indicated by the impression.

You may need a longer two piece "rivet" due to flap thickness.
You can buy longer and diff size/shape push pins on Amazon btw. Not sure which fit but...Example... Amazon.com: LivTee 240pcs Car Plastic Push Pin Rivet, Assortment Universal Retainer Clips Push Type Retainers Set in Case with Remover Tool : Automotive

That was the recommended approach suggested by another poster.

If it was me, all missing parts and defects would be photographed and reported by the app and a follow up text to the DA within 24hrs of delivery.

For those lucky folks with near perfect cars and free time, suggest download and print out all docs including MVPA and warranty.

Thanks, picked up the car Thursday and that's what they told me as well. Was wondering if others had to do the same.

Anyone know of any BLACK wheel locks compatible with oem Tesla wheels and other wheels with the same lug size? Thinking about getting black titanium lug nuts BUT I also want 4 wheel locks as well. I could, however, have my oem Tesla wheel locks (bought from the Tesla Shop online) painted BLACK I suppose although I'm sure any paint or wrap or whatever would come off after the 1st time putting the wheel locks on or taking them off.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Thanks.

Last edited:
Great...now the 200 mph speed update will be pushed out further probably...

Did they really track the car with stock pads?
I'm really sure they did. Remember that record is certified and notarized by the Nürburgring itself. They do not take this stuff lightly.
On the Nürburgring, he was using regen a lot, and I bet that helped the brakes, as well as the fact that they do seem to perform decent for a while, but for maybe a tighter and shorter tracks, it may become more of a problem.

Last edited:
Anyone know of any BLACK wheel locks compatible with oem Tesla wheels and other wheels with the same lug size? Thinking about getting black titanium lug nuts BUT I also want 4 wheel locks as well. I could, however, have my oem Tesla wheel locks (bought from the Tesla Shop online) painted BLACK I suppose although I'm sure any paint or wrap or whatever would come off after the 1st time putting the wheel locks on or taking them off.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Thanks.
Hmm. Which titanium lugs?

It was a 9 month wait. This car rocks.
For everybody’s info: Ceramic tint on front windshield 70%, still a little bright in the AZ sun. 20% on all other windows…perfect! PPF everything forward facing, plus A frames, rockers, and behind rear wheels. Still a few rocks breaking thru PPF in front of rear wheels. I’ll double thickness in that area. PPF $2400. Ceramic tint $500. Ceramic coating entire car, wheels, windows, and seats….$1000.

Attachments

• 85715B59-AD3E-4235-B500-F2094E4363C8.jpeg
    85715B59-AD3E-4235-B500-F2094E4363C8.jpeg
    860.7 KB · Views: 84
  • BF41FD32-49FD-4E2A-9C3F-E8EBFA9DE058.jpeg
    BF41FD32-49FD-4E2A-9C3F-E8EBFA9DE058.jpeg
    727 KB · Views: 53
  • 4639C214-1545-43BD-B242-6E983C5D8F96.jpeg
    4639C214-1545-43BD-B242-6E983C5D8F96.jpeg
    793.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 7A19AA8A-87FD-46C5-95DC-DFFBD26594BF.png
    7A19AA8A-87FD-46C5-95DC-DFFBD26594BF.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
Picked up my 2021 MS Tuesday. Back Wednesday. My 2017 S doors closed very easy. The new car takes a lot more effort to close. Service person said that's right they all do. I think it may have to do with making the car more soundproof inside. ??
However 1 out of the 4 doors actually close pretty easily/smoothly.. I added for the service and see what they will say when I meet them on 10/28.