Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took better pictures. It's pretty clear looking at the scratch patterns where the scratches are coming from. Also the zoomed out picture shows how visible the damage is. It's all I can see now when I walk up to the car!
View attachment 717547View attachment 717548View attachment 717549
That looks pretty clearly to be a repaint. Tesla owes you some answers about it. Including who did it because I would like to think that Tesla would do a better job than that. Also, that gap looks way too small. Is the other side the same?

Same as you all. Crazy to think that white interior screwed us an additional 2-3 months.

On that note. Glad to see them making adjustments to some early issues. I'm still holding out hope ANC ships this year.
Maybe they’ll figure a way to resolve the yoke vein, huh? Oh and what ever happened to the s/w updates that unlock the MS Plaid’s 163mph speed limit to 200mph and/or the ANC, tilting main screen (oh wait, wasn’t that confirmed to be a likely 2022 hardware retrofit fix for that?), and making it so the rear seat occupants can watch Netflix movies independently with Bluetooth audio while the front seat occupants can listen to music in the car? And lastly, what about FSD “after beta” …like real, actual FSD s/w that we can use without getting into an accident? Hasn’t FSD been in “beta” for like 7 years? 😏

Sorry for the sarcastic rants; just want my car I ordered > 8 months ago, lol. 🙏🏻🤪

Based on the rub marks, I think the only reason the gap is bridged is because of the elevated paint bubbles. I think no bubbles would equal no rubbing. I haven't really tested my hypothesis on the passenger side door though so I could just be blowing smoke
It looks like the raised paint edge from a mask line. I think that is part of a repaint.

MS LR With 19’s. I’ll probably average 70 mph because most of the trip is not freeway. I’m willing to go to 15%.

Should be fine. Close, but fine. Car will warn you to slow down if the range/target destination is compromised by high speeds.

The safest bet is to start off conservatively, and increase speed (safely) as your arrival percentage improves. Also, remember that 10% of 400 miles is 40 miles. That’s a good buffer.

head to head EQS vs. S perspective will be valuable!
No need to wait on the comparison; you already know just like the rest of us:

MB EQS wins on quality, interior design, comfort, some technology but not most technology, and max battery range. Not sure about looks…personally, I think the EQS looks like such a snoozer, boring old man’s car but looks are subjective and certainly I haven’t seen one in person.

Tesla MS wins on performance, most technology, crazy, silly technology that nobody really needs, looks, super charger network, and likely resale value.

I’ve heard about the upcoming EQS AMG and EQE AMG versions but again, from initial reports, it seems as if the Tesla MS Plaid simply blows them away too for likely less $$. I LOVE AMG’s but unless MB AMG division can figure out how to get close to the performance of the Tesla MS Plaid (say with a tri-motor design pushing 800-1000 HP) for a similar cost, say $130k-$160k, then again, it’s no contest. We shall see. 😉😎

Last edited:

MB EQS wins on quality, interior design, comfort, some technology but not most technology, and max battery range. Not sure about looks…personally, I think the EQS looks like such a snoozer, boring old man’s car but looks are subjective and certainly I haven’t seen one in person.

Tesla MS wins on performance, most technology, looks, super charger network, and likely resale value.

I’ve heard about the upcoming EQS AMG and EQE AMG versions but again, from initial reports, it seems as if the Tesla MS Plaid simply blows them away too for likely less $$. I LOVE AMG’s but unless MB AMG division can figure out how to get close to the performance of the Tesla MS Plaid (say with a tri-motor design pushing 800-1000 HP) for a similar cost, say $130k-$160k, then again, it’s no contest. We shall see. 😉😎
That's the issue here. The current AMG EQS is a 53 model, so there is something else coming, but it's going to be at least approaching 200k. That's Roadster money. And unless you order it, you ain't finding a base one on the lot, so it will be eclipsing 200k for sure. Even then, it's not going to be able to handle like the Plaid does, as it is almost a foot longer, and it is a pig. The EQS 580 weighs 5,878 pounds, so another motor and cooling would put this thing at way over 600 pounds heavier than the damn MX. Basically a bus lol, and even if they got 1,100 hp out of their powertrain, it wouldn't come close to Plaid speed. Probably more like LR or MS Performance Raven speed. It'll be cool, but like most legacy EVs, it will be compromised in some way unfortunately. Plus as much as I like the efficiency and other things about it, that toddler-told-to-use-a-crapton-of-screens-in-the-interior layout can be a little crazy.

Last edited:
A little boring looking
122B5EC8-6796-4728-A9F7-A1AB05169F84.jpeg
2C1EEE9A-55FD-4858-9C3B-FCBF08D27F0A.jpeg
234D1783-5686-4DD6-9534-EC046B67CE41.jpeg

That looks pretty clearly to be a repaint. Tesla owes you some answers about it. Including who did it because I would like to think that Tesla would do a better job than that. Also, that gap looks way too small. Is the other side the same?
What's the repaint mean? The other side is smooth but I don't know if the gap is too small. Are there any references for how big the gap should be?

Tesla MS wins on performance, most technology, crazy, silly technology that nobody really needs, looks, super charger network, and likely resale value.

I think this is mostly right.

There will be no competition on performance. My wife ordered the 450 which is about 6 seconds 0-60.

The EQS will probably win hands down on luxury and comfort.

Range will be comparable. The EQS may have a slight edge.

Nothing yet compares to the supercharger network.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you value performance Tesla is the champ. But if you value luxury and comfort I suspect the EQS wins.

Oh, by the way, I’m a big Tesla fan.

noticed this today:
i hear a sound coming from the car while backing up- not sure if that's normal or i need to raise a service ticket? otherwise normal on driving.

Also tried summon for the first time today. didn't feel car was doing it right. i pulled out of garage as didnt wanna risk it and parked in my driveway- then went to front of house and tried to summon it by holding " come to me" and it was having a hard time going little forward and reverse many times and was confused af lol. how do u summon?

thanks

noticed this today:
i hear a sound coming from the car while backing up- not sure if that's normal or i need to raise a service ticket? otherwise normal on driving.

Also tried summon for the first time today. didn't feel car was doing it right. i pulled out of garage as didnt wanna risk it and parked in my driveway- then went to front of house and tried to summon it by holding " come to me" and it was having a hard time going little forward and reverse many times and was confused af lol. how do u summon?

thanks
Is the sound like a whirring sound? Like this? (If so, it is federally required to be on new EVs sold, and completely normal :))

noticed this today:

thanks
Summon behaves like a disobedient teenager most of the time. Smart Summon like a disobedient and unruly drunk. I never use either. Just another parlor trick, like “emissions testing”. YMMV.