Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this is mostly right.

There will be no competition on performance. My wife ordered the 450 which is about 6 seconds 0-60.

The EQS will probably win hands down on luxury and comfort.

Range will be comparable. The EQS may have a slight edge.

Nothing yet compares to the supercharger network.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you value performance Tesla is the champ. But if you value luxury and comfort I suspect the EQS wins.

Oh, by the way, I’m a big Tesla fan.
1. My daughter's Acura RDX AWD A-Spec (4-cyl turbo) does 0-60mph in < 6.5 sec. So, the EQS, although not quite Prius slow, it's kinda SLOW for a 2022 model year EV, lol. Performance is not a priority for MB's first EVs. @2021plaid is right, the EQS is too heavy for it's own good. The EQ AMGs will be very expensive, likely $150k-$200k for less HP/TQ than the MS Plaid.
2. Funny you're a big Tesla fan; I'm not and I'm waiting for my Tesla MS Plaid...still...after > 8 months. Guessing this may be my first Tesla and my last Tesla. I'm still leaning toward Lucid after my MS Plaid, but it will be exciting to see what EVs are available in 3-5 years. :cool: Maybe MB can make the EQ line much, much better in that time?

Last edited:
1. My daughter's Acura RDX AWD A-Spec (4-cyl turbo) does 0-60mph in < 6.5 sec. So, that the EQS, although it's not quite Prius slow, it's kinda SLOW for a 2022 model year EV, lol. Performance is not a priority for MB's first EVs. @2021plaid is right, the EQS is too heavy for it's own good.
2. Funny you're a big Tesla fan; I'm not and I'm waiting for my Tesla MS Plaid...still...after > 8 months. Guessing this may be my first Tesla and my last Tesla. I'm still leaning toward Lucid after my MS Plaid, but it will be exciting to see what EVs are available in 3-5 years. :cool: Maybe MB can make the EQ line much, much better in that time?
Lucid looks promising. The range is very good. My primary criteria are range and charging network. I enjoy the acceleration and power of the Tesla but that is secondary.

Tesla is still the best using my criteria. But that will change within two years. Lucid and EQS are both comparable to Tesla in range. And if Elon opens the superchargers to everyone as he says he will Tesla will lose a big advantage to folks like me.

And Mercedes kills Tesla in customer service/relations.

1. My daughter's Acura RDX AWD A-Spec (4-cyl turbo) does 0-60mph in < 6.5 sec. So, the EQS, although not quite Prius slow, it's kinda SLOW for a 2022 model year EV, lol. Performance is not a priority for MB's first EVs. @2021plaid is right, the EQS is too heavy for it's own good. The EQ AMGs will be very expensive, likely $150k-$200k for less HP/TQ than the MS Plaid.
Yeah I've seen the RDX A Spec run 5.7 seconds 0-60. That little thing goes for what it's worth!
Yeah I just don't see MB coming down on weight for a long time. Lucid is definitely the one to watch if you are looking outside of Tesla, but I have a feeling that after you receive your Plaid, you'll be coming back lol. Not one person on this thread since the new S started delivering has said that the product wasn't worth wait or hassle, and everyone seems to love the car. In the 3 to 5 years, think about where Tesla will be! 600+ mile range and 8 second Model S? I think it more likely that you may think.😉😁

Lucid looks promising. The range is very good. My primary criteria are range and charging network. I enjoy the acceleration and power of the Tesla but that is secondary.

Tesla is still the best using my criteria. But that will change within two years. Lucid and EQS are both comparable to Tesla in range. And if Elon opens the superchargers to everyone as he says he will Tesla will lose a big advantage to folks like me.

And Mercedes kills Tesla in customer service/relations.
A good thing to remember with the Superchargers is that as a homeowner, you don't usually let your guest sleep in the master room.
It will massively help everyone's EVs, though I suspect Tesla’s own vehicles will have cheaper rates and be more seamless to use, along with having lower idle fees as well. Something to keep in mind. There will likely be some incentives to buy a Tesla still, unless Tesla truly believes that they don't need this advantage. That would then indicate that some crazy stuff is on the way; stuff that will keep them ahead regardless.😄

Last edited:
whats up with this FSD beta request. im in queue and my score is 98 so far but have had it for just 3 days. When is tesla going to let people try it.
The last we heard is that they are going to start adding people to the early FSD beta on Friday the 8th. (1000/day starting with a score of 100 and working down.)

Yeah I've seen the RDX A Spec run 5.7 seconds 0-60. That little thing goes for what it's worth!
Yeah I just don't see MB coming down on weight for a long time. Lucid is definitely the one to watch if you are looking outside of Tesla, but I have a feeling that after you receive your Plaid, you'll be coming back lol. Not one person on this thread since the new S started delivering has said that the product wasn't worth wait or hassle, and everyone seems to love the car. In the 3 to 5 years, think about where Tesla will be! 600+ mile range and 8 second Model S? I think it more likely that you may think.😉😁
I hope you’re correct, except Elon himself said and claimed “nobody really needs to have an EV > 400mi range.” Guessing he may do a u-turn on that ridiculous statement at some point, especially after Lucid begins delivering cars with > 500mi max battery range very soon. 😜

So all ya lucid and Eqs lovers here - what was your last car? A Buick riviera?
Jaguar I-Pace HSE EV, Nissan GT-R, Porsche Macan Turbo, MB AMG…to name a few of my last vehicles, and my wife is still driving her LR RR Velar while we wait for her Rivian R1S to arrive (hopefully some time in 2022). 😉👍🏻😎. I think you’re a bit off on the Lucid Air but I get your point. Btw - yes, I almost bought a Lucid Air GT but cancelled my reservation (and got my $1k back) for the Tesla MS Plaid thinking it would arrive way sooner than the Lucid Air; I now wonder if I had it reversed? Not a fan of the MB EQS in terms of looks.