Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Delivery window just moved back 5 days but the end up 9 days, guess that is good news... and on a Saturday

Your Model S​

RN115109284

View Design Details

Estimated Delivery: October 16 - October 30​

You've got my exact configuration. But I'm an RN1146 (ordered early March). And my EDD just got pushed back to 11/27-12/25. Makes no sense.

Most customers are oblivious to things this crowd cares about. I just spent 20 minutes demoing my MS to a coworker's wife, who is getting a MY. She had never even been in a Tesla before. Her biggest concern; can she keep the car cool with her grandchildren in it if it is parked.

Most people buying an EV MB won't be doing it for the superior range or acceleration. They will be doing it for MB luxury without gas. I think MB is banking on this. We'll see if that pans out.
That was exactly my wife’s reaction. She said that range will get her anywhere she wants to go.

shout out to all you 21” 🦚🦚🦚 that said 19” wheels were too ugly and then had to install FUUUGLY as 💩 mud flaps 😂🤣😂

Here is a video today 12+ drive through car washes and NO 💩 mud flaps😂🤣

Side note 3,800 miles in and averaging 263 wH/mi so far on 19” as well.

Glad I did the video tho. Found a coupe of left over bubbles up close

Are the 19” less wide then the 21’s?

Stopped by the Rocklin CA service center, they allowed my wife and I to at least sit inside the model s. The yoke is much smaller than I had imagined it would be and after holding it I kinda like the layout. The interior definitely feels better and more luxurious
Spoke with Tony, great guy, he says they have 7 plaids available for purchase.

Stopped by the Rocklin CA service center, they allowed my wife and I to at least sit inside the model s. The yoke is much smaller than I had imagined it would be and after holding it I kinda like the layout. The interior definitely feels better and more luxurious
Did you get a chance to see if any of the VINs were ‘NF’?

Did you get a chance to see if any of the VINs were ‘NF’?
FWIW, and since VINs seem slow here now, I poked around the 3 and Y forums last night on the 8th. Two people had gotten their VINs that day. One said he talked to Tesla and his car was manufactured on the 8th according to Tesla. They both were MF.

On both of those forums, people tend to say, "I got a VIN!" without much other information.

FWIW, and since VINs seem slow here now, I poked around the 3 and Y forums last night on the 8th. Two people had gotten their VINs that day. One said he talked to Tesla and his car was manufactured on the 8th according to Tesla. They both were MF.

On both of those forums, people tend to say, "I got a VIN!" without much other information.

Pretty sure a NF VIN will be peacocked on this thread...It would be cool if it happened to a battery day reservation.

Got my plaid back from PPF, tint and chrome delete of the two logos yesterday. On a cross country road trip today! Debadged the “Plaid” for now. Went with STEK Dynoprism which gives the car a color shift in addition to being PPF. It’s subtle but also looks amazing once it catches the light. When the light is behind you it reflects blue. If the light is on the other side of the car in front of you it’s purple. Pictures DO NOT do it justice.

Waiting on new rims. Was going to put my legacy arachnids on it but I found a crack in one so ordered new rims. Will post back once everything is complete.

BE949E84-556C-45DB-8351-A90B9C5AC7BD.jpeg
702EBF99-F18A-4FFF-98F4-44144654CFC1.jpeg
D2F8C3F8-89C0-4C08-B545-0D77C2431B6D.jpeg
FA5115AC-927C-442E-9CCC-09E30E017364.jpeg

Got my plaid back from PPF, tint and chrome delete of the two logos yesterday. On a cross country road trip today! Debadged the “Plaid” for now. Went with STEK Dynoprism which gives the car a color shift in addition to being PPF. It’s subtle but also looks amazing once it catches the light. When the light is behind you it reflects blue. If the light is on the other side of the car in front of you it’s purple. Pictures DO NOT do it justice.

Waiting on new rims. Was going to put my legacy arachnids on it but I found a crack in one so ordered new rims. Will post back once everything is complete.

View attachment 719772View attachment 719773View attachment 719774View attachment 719775

Maybe I should have stuck with PWMC...

Chrome delete on the back badge looks good.

If you plaid badge needs a home, I have an LR on order...😁

View attachment 719772View attachment 719773View attachment 719774View attachment 719775
She looks fabulous. Congratulations. Usually those cracks can be repaired fyi

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Out of Spec review of the Plaid from a Tesla owner that reviews EV cars. He’s recently driven the Taycan, Audi GT, Lucid Air and Mercedes EQS. I haven’t finished watching, but I like his mature approach to reviews.
Some quick observations.
First, Tesla can not give Plaid power with any steering input. People would wad the car in very short order and the NTSB would be all over them to recall. There is simply way too much power. If you want to keep your Plaids, accept Tesla is going full nanny mode for now and wait for the track pack software upgrade.

Second, the Plaid has WAY more mechanical grip than my previous P90DL sport suspension. There is no comparison. Run it into a corner neutral on throttle and scrub speed with the tires and you will find yourself much faster around the same corner as any previous Model S.

I guess this all gets down to the "handling" debate I was having earlier with another poster. The car has fantastic mechanical grip and alien acceleration. Lap times prove what my butt is already telling me. Give Tesla a few (Tesla) weeks and I am confident they will give us the ability to wad these cars on corner exit.

@AMPd Well, did you buy one of those seven?!

Some quick observations.
First, Tesla can not give Plaid power with any steering input. People would wad the car in very short order and the NTSB would be all over them to recall. There is simply way too much power. If you want to keep your Plaids, accept Tesla is going full nanny mode for now and wait for the track pack software upgrade.

Second, the Plaid has WAY more mechanical grip than my previous P90DL sport suspension. There is no comparison. Run it into a corner neutral on throttle and scrub speed with the tires and you will find yourself much faster around the same corner as any previous Model S.

I guess this all gets down to the "handling" debate I was having earlier with another poster. The car has fantastic mechanical grip and alien acceleration. Lap times prove what my butt is already telling me. Give Tesla a few (Tesla) weeks and I am confident they will give us the ability to wad these cars on corner exit.
Love this thinking @lolachampcar.
Tbh I really like Kyle from Out of Spec reviews, and his opinions especially on powertrain calibration. That dude can observe and know exactly what a car is doing, and put that into words. Some probably call him nerdy, but this is exactly the type of person that I want to see reviewing an EV.

That being said, I totally agree with you. Tesla cannot let the car go completely. It has so much power that it would snap put of corners and be quite dangerous. The brakes have been a concern in many reviews, but these are things that can easily be addressed by Tesla, and I hope they do with Track Mode. The car seems to have the bones of high mechanical grip and good turn in to be a great handling car. Tesla just needs to activate Track Mode and torque vectoring, and maybe upgrade the brakes at some point down the line. The Plaid IMHO can exceed in Kyle's categories once these things are put in place.

Overall though, I did like his outlook on it. He was really impressed, was really patient and reasonable with the yoke, and called it a great value. He really doesn't seem to be too much of a straight line person, and yet he couldn't get over the acceleration! That is awesome. I think the Plaid actually did really well in this review, and just highlighted some things that Tesla is already working on the fixes for.🙂

Hello all. Can you guys share what interior cleaner you are using? What I have tried so far on my MS LR with black interior leaves dark streaks even when it dries. Now perhaps I'm not spending 3 hours making sure i have a perfect even application of cleaner on every surface. No, I'm a normal person who just wants to spray something on a micro fiber, wipe it and be done. LOL. The first time I washed my car I used Armor All on the inside. Big mistake as it left dark streaks and patches everywhere. I thought this look would just go away as it dried. But it didn't. So I did some research and saw that many Tesla owners found that "CAR GUYS SUPER CLEANER" works great. So I ordered it and tried it. It was much better that Armor All but the CAR GUYS stuff STILL left dark patches and streaks as if it needed to dry more. The only way to get rid of the look it to spray more on and wipe it more and hope it looks even with no dark areas. Its kinda frustrating and much more effort. Gotta be better way.

Hello all. Can you guys share what interior cleaner you are using? What I have tried so far on my MS LR with black interior leaves dark streaks even when it dries. Now perhaps I'm not spending 3 hours making sure i have a perfect even application of cleaner on every surface. No, I'm a normal person who just wants to spray something on a micro fiber, wipe it and be done. LOL. The first time I washed my car I used Armor All on the inside. Big mistake as it left dark streaks and patches everywhere. I thought this look would just go away as it dried. But it didn't. So I did some research and saw that many Tesla owners found that "CAR GUYS SUPER CLEANER" works great. So I ordered it and tried it. It was much better that Armor All but the CAR GUYS stuff STILL left dark patches and streaks as if it needed to dry more. The only way to get rid of the look it to spray more on and wipe it more and hope it looks even with no dark areas. Its kinda frustrating and much more effort. Gotta be better way.
I use baby (@$$) wipes.