Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had this happen to them before?! My new model S refresh completely went black and skidded to a halt mid-drive. Pretty scary actually, then after three days, the service center sent me this. New battery needed on a 2 month old car? Not feeling great. They did give me a model X performance thankfully in the meantime. Thoughts?
My battery needed to be replaced, for a completely different reason and it took exactly 2 weeks.

I PPF’s and ceramic coated the outside fully, didn‘t know the inside was an option. Shame on my shop for not giving me that option. what is the benefit of ceramic coating particularly on material and glass?
@Emiller here are my cliff notes - a compendium of various interior treatments recommended by various posters…I cannot endorse any yet.
  • To clean interiors, Dihydrogen Monoxide works well. Best you blow out the interior and lightly dust with damp MF. I like to use distilled. I tried a expensive interior cleaners, they left streaks in black panels. Cleaned it up with Meguiars Final Inspection.
  • For cleaners, my research tells me that, yes baby wipes (great for cleaning on the fly), but for regular cleaning either Griot's Garage Interior Cleaner, or 303 Cleaner
  • For protectant, the #1 recommendation on this forums has been Aerospace 303 Protectant. [note that I have purchased but not yet used this product]
  • Gtechniq triclean… smells all chemically clean and fresh too.

Curious about the build date of my LR:
I received my car on Sept 23rd (LR) but it seems to be one of the lowest VIN# that was delivered.

MF430XXX and it says that the car was built in May 2021.

Why would they wait 4 months if the car was built in May?

Any idea or thoughts?
If you are happy with the car it doesn’t matter when it was built.

If you are happy with the car it doesn’t matter when it was built.
Yeah, the build quality is very good (except some minor issues here and there) but the main issue I'm facing is with the AP. Cameras are still calibrating after driving 700 miles.

I have an appointment tomorrow. Hope they are able to fix it.

Yeah, the build quality is very good (except some minor issues here and there) but the main issue I'm facing is with the AP. Cameras are still calibrating after driving 700 miles.

I have an appointment tomorrow. Hope they are able to fix it.
Reset the calibration and go for a straight drive, on a well marked road (If you are near one). Each time I have seen camera calibrate, has taken less than 15 miles.

That must be the new color that Elon tweeted about. "Sandstorm".
I wish I had the photoshop skills to put one or all of the dusty teslas in this planet of the apes still…
95205E85-6D76-460B-AEFA-FC60EBA296D3.jpeg

Those are some massively dusty cars.

Assume they had to do a structural design change that made all these scrap, but they haven't scrapped them yet.
I seriously figured they’d export them. But yeah, something has to be pretty serious. I’m they didn’t strip and repurpose them, or use as fleet vehicles or sokething. Maybe they are there to help the sand build up so they can plant crops.

WHOAH GUYS CHECK OUT THESE 1/2 MILE RACES!!! The Plaid pulls that modded Turbo S really well until it hits the wall that is that 163 mph limiter. 200 mph can't come soon enough! Another thing to note is the major grip difference between the 19" White Plaid vs. the 21" Red Plaid. The 19" steadily claws its way ahead of the Turbo S really well, but the 21" solidly walks away, and is launching hard enough to beat the Porsche that's traveling 16 mph higher than the Plaid at the end of the race. Sure there could be SOC differences and other factors, but this lines up perfectly with my theory, and shows for sure the difference between the 2 wheels on a non-dragstrip surface.

(DISCLAIMER: Not trying to put anyone's choices down, or belittle said choices. As I've stated in the past, the ZeroG wheels would be the ones for me. :))

Last edited: