Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh great and powerful TMC brethren, what are the secrets to lowering my Wh/mile? I took a trip down the pacific coast highway this weekend from Monterey to LA and found that the advertised 402 is a sham and I should be happy if I break 300 miles on a single charge. In my first 1200 miles, I'm averaging 300 Wh/Mile... any tips on dropping that number? Granted I have spent a good amount of time on insane acceleration giving people heart attacks but that probably only accounts for 200 of those 1200 miles.
Not sure what car / wheels you have but the LR with 19" wheels is doing phenomenal as a daily driver. I commute almost exactly 100 miles a day ~80% is expressway and my car is also the weekend / weeknight family beater car. Since 9/4/21 - 5 days in for PPF I have put 4,407 miles on it and averaging 262 Wh/mi. Nothing special at all other than using AutoPilot as often as it allow me to.

C7CBFC04-73E1-47EE-83B6-94AE1C71B5CD_1_201_a.jpeg

Was sitting in my car yesterday planning my route to NYC when all the sudden my car decided it didn't want to talk to the mothership anymore. Everything reset back to factory settings, it thought it was in Palo Alto and even my odometer disappeared for a while...but that one came back. I can't listen to streaming, it can't navigate anywhere and it shows as offline to Tesla. The maps did eventually figure out I'm in Alabama after driving for a bit but still can't use the nav.

Since Tesla couldn't fix it remotely I have an appt at the Roswell, GA service center tomorrow at 11:30am if anybody nearby wants to check out the plaid.

Couple of first world problems with my Tesla:

1. I have to figure out how to set my garage as "Home" and then turn off sentry mode at home. Every night I get at least 75 sentry events because of several chargers I have plugged in for power tool batteries. It apparently captures an event every time a light blinks or turns on.

2. Is there a way to schedule a battery charge time without it conditioning the cabin air? I have it set to charge to 90% at 7:30 AM, but it also turns on the AC. I have a puddle under the front of the car that never dries. It's there when I leave, and still there when I return due to the high humidity. This can't be good for the concrete.

1. I have to figure out to set my garage as "Home" and then turn off sentry mode at home. Every night I get at least 75 sentry events because of the several charges I have plugged on for power tool batteries. It apparently captures an event every time a light blinks or turns on.

2. Is there a way to schedule a battery charge time without it conditioning the cabin air? I have it set to charge to 90% at 7:30 AM, but it also turns on the AC. I have a puddle under the front of the car that never dries. It's there when I leave, and still there when I return due to the high humidity. This can't be good for the concrete.
Ok well for the first one, go to the "safety" tab under the controls menu, and in there if you scroll down, there should be an "exclude home" option. Obviously you have to set a home location, but then it should work just fine.

For the second one, just go to your app if you have the latest version, and there should be the "schedule" option in the main menu. In there is the setting to precondition both the battery and A/C. You should be able to turn that off there.
Here is the manual, and you can go to "Using the touchscreen" and find both climate and Sentry settings there too:

1. I have to figure out how to set my garage as "Home" and then turn off sentry mode at home. Every night I get at least 75 sentry events because of several chargers I have plugged in for power tool batteries. It apparently captures an event every time a light blinks or turns on.

You may want to buy the Tesla Depends, it's on the shelf next to the car bras.

So, I was feeling good, positive news on this thread, and making progress on reducing EDD related OCD behavior.

Was thinking about only checking delivery once a week, as it has held steady for the last 7 days or so.

Checked just now....and...it moved up TWO MONTHS!

LR/red/cream/19/HellnoFSD

Why am I being tagged for a three month delivery when others are waiting 6 months or longer?

Not sure what car / wheels you have but the LR with 19" wheels is doing phenomenal as a daily driver. I commute almost exactly 100 miles a day ~80% is expressway and my car is also the weekend / weeknight family beater car. Since 9/4/21 - 5 days in for PPF I have put 4,407 miles on it and averaging 262 Wh/mi. Nothing special at all other than using AutoPilot as often as it allow me to.

View attachment 721369
I have what sounds like a similar commute, 98 miles round trip mostly freeway. I’m averaging 325 Wh/mi in my Plaid with 21’s over about 8000 miles now. I switched to Signature 20’s and have seen no range difference.

I don’t think it would be possible to safely drive slowly enough in SoCal to get anywhere near these numbers, which of course makes sense. Would you mind sharing what speed you normally run on the freeway? I usually set AP at 80 MPH. The terrain has some hills, but they’re not very aggressive.

For the second one, just go to your app if you have the latest version, and there should be the "schedule" option in the main menu. In there is the setting to precondition both the battery and A/C. You should be able to turn that off there.
Here is the manual, and you can go to "Using the touchscreen" and find both climate and Sentry settings there too:
I did not have the latest app, which is why I had no way of controlling preconditioning. The current app has that option turned off. I'll see if the puddles stop tomorrow.

I have what sounds like a similar commute, 98 miles round trip mostly freeway. I’m averaging 325 Wh/mi in my Plaid with 21’s over about 8000 miles now. I switched to Signature 20’s and have seen no range difference.

I don’t think it would be possible to safely drive slowly enough in SoCal to get anywhere near these numbers, which of course makes sense. Would you mind sharing what speed you normally run on the freeway? I usually set AP at 80 MPH. The terrain has some hills, but they’re not very aggressive.i
Probably 25 miles each way is around 80mph and 10 miles between 50-75mph and 10 miles city streets. I would say AutoPilot is engaged for 95% of my commute. (even more the last 3 weeks with the Beta "button" laughing at me)

A suggestion to folks. When you get your cars, if there is an update needed...when you get home, first connect to wireless before starting the update.
A bunch of us had the vehicle stop connecting to Tesla or to our phones unless within bluetooth distance with a recent update if we did it over LTE versus wireless with better bandwidth. They can fix it with a service visit, but better to avoid the issue. All of us that had the issue it was the last patch 2 weeks ago and then uploading via LTE that we had in common. In my case, it started the download/update once I got home and before I set anything up. So day 1 I lost remote connection. It si now fixed after a 3 hour service center visit to redo update/firmwares. Tesla will know best but the connecting issue seems to be that last update and then LTE (cellular) for applying it. See the Model S threads to read more on the issue.

Probably 25 miles each way is around 80mph and 10 miles between 50-75mph and 10 miles city streets. I would say AutoPilot is engaged for 95% of my commute. (even more the last 3 weeks with the Beta "button" laughing at me)

It's been mentioned before, but the EPA highway range is greater for the LR than the Plaid.

Plaid is only like 99 MGGe.

Yep, that’s sounds very similar to my daily drive. And I’ve also began using AP even more waiting for Beta. But I can’t move my score above 93 so far. 😆