Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 16343974079396556339545347771147.jpg
    16343974079396556339545347771147.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 54
What should be a good number for wh/mi in the new model S plaid? 21” wheels
I’m new to EV and have read many issues regarding battery pack and reduced charge.
So far what I think I understand that for battery 100 kWh and estimated range of 350- the number should be around 100000 wh/350 miles= 285 wh/miles? Is that correct. I haven’t driven my car much( less than 300 miles short trips) but it’s around 300-330.
Can you guys help me understand the numbers and what I should be looking at to make sure there isn’t an issue?

What should be a good number for wh/mi in the new model S plaid? 21” wheels
I’m new to EV and have read many issues regarding battery pack and reduced charge.
So far what I think I understand that for battery 100 kWh and estimated range of 350- the number should be around 100000 wh/350 miles= 285 wh/miles? Is that correct. I haven’t driven my car much( less than 300 miles short trips) but it’s around 300-330.
Can you guys help me understand the numbers and what I should be looking at to make sure there isn’t an issue?
temperature, elevation change, length of trips, speed, use of friction brakes. Drive 45mph without using brakes on flat terrain, you’ll exceed the mileage rating by far. Drive 80 and brake a lot, you’ll be far below it.

I'm wondering, it makes sense to me a jack rabbit start will hurt your MPG (or watts per mile) or whatever energy measurements we have.
Spirited acceleration actually doesn't effect your mileage as much as you'd be inclined to think it would. And that's the very reason that our extremely quick cars have such fantastic range.

Yes, during the very few seconds that you're accelerating, you're really chewing up the energy. But you are only doing it for a very few seconds. But you spend a ton of time at your cruising speed. And since going faster greatly increases your drag (hence, energy usage), the slower you go at cruise, the better your "mileage." Time-at-speed is the greatest factor for determining energy usage.

Also, the air conditioning is extremely efficient at moving heat around. Using AC when it's hot outside isn't going to greatly affect your energy usage. But in cars with resistive heaters (in other words, no "heat pump") using cabin heat in the cold will greatly affect your range; your car's stored energy can be used to either produce cabin heat or to move your car down the road.

What is the rated EPA wh/mi? Isn't that the "ideal" target for a drive. Under that would be more efficient, over it would be less efficient. @2021plaid, dragging you in. You have the information depth.
Well @1020hp the issue with the EPA ratings for efficiency is that they include charging losses. So for like energy consumed, it shows total power pulled from the wall. 285wh/mile sounds about right though.
Here is how the EPA rates their cars:

And here is the official EPA test documents for the Plaid: https://iaspub.epa.gov/otaqpub/display_file.jsp?docid=52948&flag=1

Last edited:
Have we been able to determine if there's a particular order in which the production lines run with regard to exterior color and interior trim? For example, do we know that the production runs go white->blue->MSM->black->red->white... ? I would imagine it would have to be demand driven based on relative number of orders for each color (i.e., more like white->blue->MSM->extra run of white->black->red->extra run of MSM->white....

I understand that interior trims might be more of a crapshoot given the raw materials shortage, and I do recall someone mentioning a shortage in (what I think was) titanium dioxide, which is used in many paints, so perhaps it's a crapshoot all around...

Reason I'm asking is I've seen several VINs assigned recently for MSM MSLRs and you'd have to figure that once those are done, some other color has to be up next, right? Is there a pattern here, or is it another instance of "whichever paint color the all powerful monke decides to load into the spray gun" type of decision making?

If there is a pattern, I'm 100% selfishly hoping the next run is black/black.

Confirmed it’s happening today.

Some high up in Delivery Ops changed my order to 6-seat for prioritization.

LR 6 Seats first only, Plaids are still waiting for some regulatory approvals. He says they’re going to start normal deliveries after today.

As of 1252pm local no Model X has been staged for delivery yet (unfortunately I need to leave now so can’t take more pics).
Looks like MX deliveries are indeed starting today/tomorrow! Who's ready for the fastest production SUV?!🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋

He made this very clear that Lucid competes with luxury brands. If you look at their investor deck, they even put Tesla as "innovative, but not luxury." I am an avid fan of Tesla, but barring the new MS/X which hadn't arrived at the time of that deck, I would have to agree. They are going after BMW, MB, and Audi. Now I believe that Lucid and Tesla compete on only one thing: headlines/bragging rights. That's why when that Tri Motor Air arrives, or the same model of the Lucid Gravity, it is a very safe bet that Tesla will SW boost the Plaid to new levels.

Regarding Rawlinson, I actually really like the guy! The UK accent is always cool, and he is very articulate and has a clear vision for Lucid's products. Remember, this company will make Tesla better, which I am sure all on this thread would appreciate. Even though they aren't in the same segment, people will cross shop them regardless. Plus this kind of rivalry is normal. It's not like Ford and GM dealerships are exclusively placed far away from each other, or the same with BMW and MB. Both Tesla and Lucid are tech companies, so I think it kinda makes sense to position themselves in that regard close to Tesla.

I also feel this way--I do think Lucid will be more successful peeling away S-Class customers than they will converting Model S customers. While they channel Tesla's California tech vibe (too much,IMO), if you look at the product, it looks like it could have come from MB or one of VAG's high-end brands. I have seen more than one review use the term "old man's car" or some variation of that, so they were probably "successful" in their design. I do think they will peel off some Tesla owners who did not feel the S interior was not luxurious enough.

I just wanted to share that for the third Saturday in a row, I've washed and waxed my Plaid. Even when it's forecast to rain soon. Whereas I've enjoyed the recent cars I've had, it's been a while since I thought they were necessarily *special* enough to take time out of each of my Saturdays to make them as shiny as possible. Even went to a car event with a buddy at a local cafe the other day too... it really is quite special.
justwashed.jpg

Have not driven the plaid s much since waiting for it to get wrapped by end of this month.

But here are some pics got the third Charger installed for all 3 teslas now :p and all prepped for 4th one wihch will be the cyber truck :p

View attachment 722362

ZpTfNOFZM7-9N9KUbx36h_ssyiZuIkmZK_WZjfDgOrI1g9H6gpL4YCFKRjTapTJ8fW7hWz1lsCYLRzVjR2mOD2SCanmcjPpz0dNa4-8VcFcIoNEpoWyt1V0MOJBr4b2r4lzHqWN9BS9zE0SK6O2kcqT76miIajeNkqX8i7FOuatw4QHeisyDFqzRbRECY_Hhfpm33_8s4g_0Od9sOnHIlZA_9uy3EQOlHQQpPRzmuMRgBqLXTl5j6KBiXf57EVHs4UyGJQJ_l8kXQiYmsCPC8l0DJ1zHYBMYSAihL1GQR4PcUvAOhvCwtHM01_n2oA4ov-BQtn-CQ9h5Jj_cPrFyv_2Pf3TljbWJx_6zw5Fq-Ua2K9MEK48yLZPp5StTXz_Nm_Xu_CL-CMQYchJLeaXwJRR_UjCmbrne8aYeehJ_cMKVJEe0IZSJ8crSyejwCcBA18iStuL7zoT7oc_TRFgZ2-dVP-CFVOPT3dOYOjyNQoMp5CLi578YvDnusfFDpY-x3LIdAUDtrSdy_giKZC9qu37ycKXG9jir-bf7m0cVnHRk3vKsq67SD24dV_liHyW5sXiPQrA7nCybxgbeuLfe6vNwL_rfha6Im7X_1IToj0uZL1esLGDK-10TPZZMU_2QyXk1wNAHkg-OUqo2ZNaJhx5ZMb2uA1SdnLdG9yb-kXwGtAkHvwC7x6wx06IRyl_Ya4kS6yMgRUGeSLbUTIntx_1u=w1717-h1288-no

E1eO7jcK3ksTQgi4zN_F4HzznjnoauYW3TNeAMv9DX1Zof2t3P0o_tvl1KS9W16R2ZOREOOlurRDuluiEhtgGQc2bnP49aXhEG0lkk2krzCE67oZmeckIBXUQ3uUxg6HjNOoo7A6saT3qYbS-o8o9g_VSWYu8m3FqEfWzoeM7EkZxn9QKfKTmtl8jFSC6b6w6qDijsZDXqXPpnHZbExaUuB9aKa9XoCIvxShGhai8JCWFlYuFEf-sx04jlQGEY8BNUj_nKvik485IVlCl7rznfv4-bUEHksFx1jBFJTOT7UUfmQIStO77wcCM9rHPaVSGCoBjFQVB_QvWgjGvphIvAQTa776osIl6Omm_bbSUGMgH65Nw3UAYuHIhSZ6myYgS0VZfCV-RZxMScnlAbE4wDD-3_VUKkvZqJv8lzEBDZIOUj-jiRTAsLJD9tv07Uk8pCCvkysFwf7mLYaU9k2tEXrefaSmVDHl2RwVPvO8dNj_UcExgfcyLt5LSDNndvNLCpOa6ULrmw7Rh9565_uXfDm-awKAggmp3zw1LteuSXlaCQyohlHw6IZwcXzeHscJUZpiZnBGmxBfvMfgOjISlaDxiLnt5z3uS5N1AbTADVUZH_yeq7XWFqGWEueNvuEmudTKcmBoZ7CexhaiOkNfX7-we8qtdwScd_vfKAxlBaBxnkVarCMDenwbF5dR3e_WrTibaX39mR1zdbi3v6sV-X2v=w1717-h1288-no
I have two Gen 2 HPWCs for my fleet as well. Three just seemed a bridge too far! 🤣

I was mostly planning on getting it so when I took it in to put winter tires on, I could make sure they did it right. Are the jack points on the plaid the same as previous S’s? If I get something that was good for a 2020 will it work on a plaid?
Yup--if you have them for prior year, they should work fine.