Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my credit offer expired today. Presume I need to apply again to maintain my place in line (Dec-Jan delivery). But If my LR continues to get delayed and I continue to have credit offers expire / reapply I presume this is going to affect my credit score right?
Were you told it expired or are you assuming it did? Others discussed changing to cash and changing to loan after receipt of VIN and you know the car is coming.

Also updated this morning... previous was Oct 15 - Nov 6, now Oct. 23 - Nov 6. If this happens, can’t decide how I feel about it knowing I just pulled the trigger on a new to me Model Y to get me through winter since I expected to be pushed to end of year, at least. Wife may not find the humor of these arriving within two weeks of each other...

GOT A (MF) VIN!!!! Updated again this morning to Oct 28 - Nov 3. Coincidentally, the new to me Y (2021 w/1,000 miles) I bought to get me through the EDD delays, officially gets delivered to me tomorrow. Either way the LR S with 21” wheels and summer tires wouldn’t be cut out for Indiana winters so I’m pleased with this outcome regardless... but again, I’m not sure if my wife is going to be quite as excited. I’ll continue to update for proof of survival.

Spirited acceleration actually doesn't effect your mileage as much as you'd be inclined to think it would. And that's the very reason that our extremely quick cars have such fantastic range.

Yes, during the very few seconds that you're accelerating, you're really chewing up the energy. But you are only doing it for a very few seconds. But you spend a ton of time at your cruising speed. And since going faster greatly increases your drag (hence, energy usage), the slower you go at cruise, the better your "mileage." Time-at-speed is the greatest factor for determining energy usage.

Also, the air conditioning is extremely efficient at moving heat around. Using AC when it's hot outside isn't going to greatly affect your energy usage. But in cars with resistive heaters (in other words, no "heat pump") using cabin heat in the cold will greatly affect your range; your car's stored energy can be used to either produce cabin heat or to move your car down the road.
I mostly agree with this but am scratching my head on acceleration efficiency.

I learned quickly that I could leave lights almost as fast as I wanted without hurting overall trip efficiency on my P90DL (inductive motors). I'm finding the Plaid (refresh) pays a significant penalty for more spirited starts. Basically, the exact same acceleration/drive profile on a 40 mile round trip can yield 280 W-Hr/mile or 320 W-Hr/mile based entirely on acceleration from a stop. I've checked this a few times and results seem repeatable. All else is consistent (very little/no use of friction brakes, same average and top speeds, etc.).

Do you have your registration next to the plate? I’ve never seen that before! Looks great!
It's a membership sticker that lets me park around the lake community my mom owns a house in, they want it placed on the front of your car, some most people put it on the bumper or the side view mirrors, ain't no way in hell I'm putting a sticker on this car!!! I got a sheet of polycarbonate and cut it out to fit behind the license plate and as big as the sticker is next to it. Almost looks like it belongs... now I just have to hope no one is inspired enough to unscrew my license plate to steal the sticker, lol.

Oh yeah no one said it would be cheap lol. My guess would be around 5 to 10k for the new tailgate with the wing. The configuration option would be much less for sure.😃
I’m imagining the configuration option to be 5k-10k, lol. As much as I’d love this I gotta be real and say I wouldn’t be on the track enough to justify the price. That said, if Tesla surprises me with a $5k aftermarket price, I’m gonna have a tough time saying no.

I’m imagining the configuration option to be 5k-10k, lol. As much as I’d love this I gotta be real and say I wouldn’t be on the track enough to justify the price. That said, if Tesla surprises me with a $5k aftermarket price, I’m gonna have a tough time saying no.
I dunno. I would think they would sell a crapton of these options, so it will hopefully be less than 10k. 😀

Oh yeah no one said it would be cheap lol. My guess would be around 5 to 10k for the new tailgate with the wing. The configuration option would be much less for sure.😃
This is absolutely going to be blocked from LR installation. I understand the whole branding and performance model stuff, but I don't understand how you can say a car that outperforms most sport cars won't benefit from the spoiler. Maybe they will prove me wrong, but I bet this will be VIN locked to Plaid only.

This is absolutely going to be blocked from LR installation. I understand the whole branding and performance model stuff, but I don't understand how you can say a car that outperforms most sport cars won't benefit from the spoiler. Maybe they will prove me wrong, but I bet this will be VIN locked to Plaid only.
Yeah most likely. I think it's kind of a good thing in this case, as the Plaid really needs more differentiating features. This would be a great way to add more exclusivity to the Plaid. I hope Tesla takes up this opportunity, or at least on new orders it is exclusive.🙂

Were you told it expired or are you assuming it did? Others discussed changing to cash and changing to loan after receipt of VIN and you know the car is coming.
It was showing “credit offer expired” on my reservation page with the prompt to resubmit. Tesla texted me in Aug and said that because I didn’t finalize payment they pushed my Sept delivery to Jan so I completed the credit application. Then the EDD changes began like many others here. My guess is that they were going to slide me again if I did fix payment ASAP. The pro tip I learned here is to always indicate cash as payment and then figure out how to do the loan closer to delivery so these credit applications don’t mess up your credit score. looks like the credit offers only last 60 days and given all the EDD shifts I am not confident The LR arrives within the next window)

Did Tesla provide any update/eta at all when Plaids will be unlocked for the full top speed promised by..Elon?
It still says the wheels/tires will be available Fall '21 for 200mph, which my turn out to being a SW update as the Arachnids have the tires already to do 200mph. Last we heard from Elon was that a Track SW update was probably a "few weeks" out. So hopefully any day now!! :)

Someone is channeling their inner McLaren :)
Brilliant... I would expect nothing less from Tesla Engineering. ;)

1634490893113.png

I'm sure that the aftermarket tuners and hackers will see a great opportunity here. ;)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
He’s not asking if you can use AP while navigation is active, of course you can.

Navigate on Autopilot is a feature of FSD(not just in the Beta) that will change lanes to take highway interchanges and exits automatically while navigating to a destination.

These are additional features to stopping at red lights that you get for $10,000.
What exactly is @usmankhalid disagreeing with here?