Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Anyone else annoyed that the homelink dialog covers the side camera view on the screen? Am I missing something? Can it be moved? I know it can be swiped down, but every time you forward or reverse, it pops up again along with the seatbelt. All I'm trying to do is get it up against the wall in my garage while making sure I don't hit the garage opening with the fenders.

And to confirm, there is no +/- for zoom on the nav screen? only pinch the screen which then wont follow progress until you tap the N again?
@lbowroom I am (Highly annoyed) by this. The UI in our refreshed MS is crap; would have preferred the more mature 3/Y UI, until v11 was ready for release.

I haven't had EDD at all. When ordered Jan 27th it said Sep 2021, but after that empty. RN1144
So theoretically you could have cancelled this order, waited a few months and ordered again in July and potentially accepted your car by now. except you'd lose the initial deposit. Very annoying indeed. Quite honestly what does Tesla say about these kind of situations? There're members here who have expressed and appear to have deep knowledge of the inner workings of Tesla, please enlighten us on this. In fact Elon appears to consistently respond to tweets from certain members. Has he ever addressed this?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
AN EPIPHANY. Here's a thought: Most who can afford a Tesla most likely have imperceptible expenses of $100 here and there without giving it a second thought. On that premise one can afford to lose $100 by intent. How about ordering the same exact model S every 3 months until one is delivered after which one cancels the other orders? Actually me thinks a few members with the multiple cars coming may already be doing that.

@lbowroom I am (Highly annoyed) by this. The UI in our refreshed MS is crap; would have preferred the more mature 3/Y UI, until v11 was ready for release.
Some of my favorite UI issues:

My garage door is manual right now (motor burned out and we're too lazy to get around to replacing it). I have to get out to raise the door when I get home. But when I get back in to pull forward, I can't use my cameras until I swipe the seatbelt warning out of the way. It blocks the camera view. Why would you block the safety feature of someone who is not wearing their seatbelt? Seems like you would want to give them every advantage you could, to not make it more likely they will hit something.

I want to have my cameras and my music screen up at the same time, but I can't. Why? I don't need the map, but I can't get rid of it. I'd rather have the option of cameras and music instead. Even if I need the map, because I don't know where I am going, it's on the trip display on the other screen.

Why can't I use Youtube when driving? You let me use the map, or music, or the AC, or a host of other visual distractions, but I can't use Youtube music? What if my wife wants to use it? The car knows she is there with the seat sensor, but she can't can't watch streaming?

And finally, why does my 11 year old daughter in the back seat get to change the music selection or volume whenever she feels the need? Sure I can tell her not to, but what if I have passengers from work that I can't easily discipline? I should be able to disable those controls.

Okay, rant over. BTW, I love the car.

My White on White Plaid with Carbon fiber and Arachnids is finally ready for pickup at the Carlsbad, CA delivery center. I have decided to keep my LR car and not upgrade to the Plaid. Is there anyone here that is interested in picking up this car? I might be able to ask my SA if I can transfer my reservation to someone here. I’m not looking to make any money on this transaction - I would just like to see the car go to a forum member that has been waiting a long time for this car. I’m not even sure if Tesla will allow such a thing, but I’m willing to try. DM me if interested
I'm interested if you drove the Plaid and why are your just giving it away for free?

Will Tesla let me come inspect my car on delivery day before I purchase? I want to sell my current car that same day and take the tag with me, but would like to make sure my new S is problem free before doing so.

Plan is to check on the Tesla, go sell my current car at carvana and get a ride back to Tesla to sign and take home. Just don't want a situation where I have no car
Why not just trade it in and get the credit on your sales taxes, or is Florida like California where you pay full tax on the new car, regardless of the trade-in's value?

Hopefully Tesla's trade-in value isn't THAT terrible?

Reactions: impastu
Wanted to give a heads up to others who may have been waiting for a rear trunk mat for their new Model S that Tesmanian is starting to ship theirs:

Greenwich by 10am? Grandpa.
But seriously, stay away from 87 and Cross Bronx. Merritt to Hutch, 9A and GWB.
Greenwich charger on Merritt is not bad. Tight and ICE park at charger but there is coffee shop there. Charge for 15-20m tops.

Not that it's particularly important but starting in RI, there is really no reason you should need to charge till well after NYC (unless you start well below 100 and/or it's ungodly cold). My M3 makes it to NYC without a charge handily and the only reason I'd stop prior would be if I had time to burn and wanted to top up to make the run back.

I will admit at this point that I try not to exceed 70 on the Merritt, which puts me in the slowest 10% of drivers on the road, so YMMV literally.

GOT A (MF) VIN!!!! Updated again this morning to Oct 28 - Nov 3. Coincidentally, the new to me Y (2021 w/1,000 miles) I bought to get me through the EDD delays, officially gets delivered to me tomorrow. Either way the LR S with 21” wheels and summer tires wouldn’t be cut out for Indiana winters so I’m pleased with this outcome regardless... but again, I’m not sure if my wife is going to be quite as excited. I’ll continue to update for proof of survival.

Alright everyone, looking for some feedback here - clearly understanding I have to make the decision. Also understand this is very much a first world problem, but I'm weighing my options and curious what others would do. Also curious, does anyone know if passing on a delivery adds the cost increases? I got in before any, so if that does happen it would make my decision very easy.

My Model Y winter mobile, showed up this week. First Tesla I've owned, and even the 21 LR Model Y is absolutely fantastic and just another level all the way around, compared to any other auto I've owned. I got the Tesla delivery appointment text today for the LR S, and obviously it's a 3 day window and falls over a weekend that's not very good for our schedule. My options are, number one pass on this delivery and wait for the next knowing I don't plan to drive this much between now and April/May. The risk here, is that it puts me so far back it's not delivered by then and here I am waiting again.... although at least this time I'd be waiting in a Tesla instead of a GMC so the urgency seems less. The benefit is that I'd likely be into a 2022 NF VIN, although honestly I'm not too concerned about that. However, I'd still be ridiculously annoyed if April/May showed up and it was not sitting in my garage.

Option two is to force some schedule adjustments (my wife's, especially) to take delivery, and just get the car in hand after this painful 9 month wait. Very much on the fence about this since the Model Y covers my needs for the next 5-6 months, I just don't want to fall to the end of the line again.

@4SUPER9 : Congratulations! They're both probably true peacocks (wife & child). I'm sure that she'll give you many years of laughs, joy & love.
My gestation period for my MS LR is longer than you wife's pregnancy by now. UGH! The frustration continues....
A lot of people here have resorted to adoption. Maybe you can do the same. They have a huge selection of Model Y's at the orphanage.

I just placed an order for LR. It says June 2022. I guess, it is a long wait. After reading this thread, it seems, I'd be lucky if get it by then. :) :-(
Most of the people here were waiting (like me) for months for Tesla to *start* making cars, now that they're making them, and ramping up to more and more per day, it shouldn't be as much of a wait(only 6 months, not a year haha)... unless demand goes up as people start to see them on the streets.

I just saw my first other refresh S (an MSM LR) that wasn't another forum members' last night in a parking lot. They're coming!