Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So theoretically you could have cancelled this order, waited a few months and ordered again in July and potentially accepted your car by now. except you'd lose the initial deposit. Very annoying indeed. Quite honestly what does Tesla say about these kind of situations? There're members here who have expressed and appear to have deep knowledge of the inner workings of Tesla, please enlighten us on this. In fact Elon appears to consistently respond to tweets from certain members. Has he ever addressed this?
Not really, since I'm in Europe. But would really like to hear something from Tesla. There's no info about european deliveries. We have MS LR and MX Plaid coming but no idea when🤔

Alright everyone, looking for some feedback here - clearly understanding I have to make the decision. Also understand this is very much a first world problem, but I'm weighing my options and curious what others would do. Also curious, does anyone know if passing on a delivery adds the cost increases? I got in before any, so if that does happen it would make my decision very easy.

My Model Y winter mobile, showed up this week. First Tesla I've owned, and even the 21 LR Model Y is absolutely fantastic and just another level all the way around, compared to any other auto I've owned. I got the Tesla delivery appointment text today for the LR S, and obviously it's a 3 day window and falls over a weekend that's not very good for our schedule. My options are, number one pass on this delivery and wait for the next knowing I don't plan to drive this much between now and April/May. The risk here, is that it puts me so far back it's not delivered by then and here I am waiting again.... although at least this time I'd be waiting in a Tesla instead of a GMC so the urgency seems less. The benefit is that I'd likely be into a 2022 NF VIN, although honestly I'm not too concerned about that. However, I'd still be ridiculously annoyed if April/May showed up and it was not sitting in my garage.

Option two is to force some schedule adjustments (my wife's, especially) to take delivery, and just get the car in hand after this painful 9 month wait. Very much on the fence about this since the Model Y covers my needs for the next 5-6 months, I just don't want to fall to the end of the line again.
Check with your SA. My SA told me that I can easily be placed in the que for a Jan 2022 EDD (w/o price changes) if my EDD rolls up and I need to do so. I may do this to avoid the paying of taxes next April (for my stock sale to pay for car). What's another month after this long??

FYI—Floor and trunk liners for my Plaid are on their way!!

Attachments

• 66AC3EE0-84A6-4473-8D9E-BAC42DC42298.png
    66AC3EE0-84A6-4473-8D9E-BAC42DC42298.png
    254.6 KB · Views: 78
@Hayseed_MS - since you drive so much, can you give us a 2-3 month update on how the car is treating you? Any major rattles or physical issues? Is the software much better? Has it been pleasant to drive at highway speeds and on your road trips?

and @Phlier

At 14k+ miles now and I still have the following issues:
1) Driveline vibration at 35-45mph
2) Vibrating driver's side mirror
3) Park Assist (not autopark) works intermittently
4) Other BS issues that have not been delivered (ANC, gaming, etc.)

I recently broke my center console - by having a clip fall out (not sure if we knocked it). Nonetheless, Tesla is replacing the whole console under warranty next week. They cannot put the clip back in - the entire console gets scrubbed.

The third brake light came loose from the car (it is glued in place) which caused a loud rattle. Tesla replaced the third brake light and rear window (since they broke while changing light).

There is a rattle that is faint and I believe is from the rear seat latches. Really just noticed recently (I think because the brake light rattle was so loud) so I am doing some testing.

Overall, it is not the worst car I have bought and given the pounding it takes, it has held very well. My local SC has been stellar. I can stop in at any time and they will put my car on the rack and check it out - even without an appointment. Very responsive and on the level. It is almost like Cheers...

Mine was a June build - an early build - and has been great overall. Will not lie that there have been times where the things listed above made me want to park it under an overpass and just Uber home. It is not so much the issues but the lack of communication from Tesla on what and when it will be fixed. I put a ticket in periodically for those items just so they know I am still alive.

Would buy it again, though.

and @Phlier

I recently broke my center console - by having a clip fall out (not sure if we knocked it). Nonetheless, Tesla is replacing the whole console under warranty next week. They cannot put the clip back in - the entire console gets scrubbed.

The third brake light came loose from the car (it is glued in place) which caused a loud rattle. Tesla replaced the third brake light and rear window (since they broke while changing light).

There is a rattle that is faint and I believe is from the rear seat latches. Really just noticed recently (I think because the brake light rattle was so loud) so I am doing some testing.

Overall, it is not the worst car I have bought and given the pounding it takes, it has held very well. My local SC has been stellar. I can stop in at any time and they will put my car on the rack and check it out - even without an appointment. Very responsive and on the level. It is almost like Cheers...

Mine was a June build - an early build - and has been great overall. Will not lie that there have been times where the things listed above made me want to park it under an overpass and just Uber home. It is not so much the issues but the lack of communication from Tesla on what and when it will be fixed. I put a ticket in periodically for those items just so they know I am still alive.

Thanks man!

What is Park assist? You mean the sensors? And for #2, do you feel the vibration in the yoke/pedals?

Yes, it is the parking sensors. However, NOA will not work either when they are in that condition.

The vibration is mostly through the yoke but also pedals.

Got it - very strange. The parking sensor thing really sucks, given this thing is the size of a yacht. wtf, Tesla. They used to go bad all of the time on the old Model S but it was a simple sensor replacement.

Thank you so much for the update! It is greatly appreciated.

I don't know if you're up for a DIY project, but if you are, I think this actually might not be too bad of a project to try.

I'm fairly certain (although NOT positive) that the mirror glass itself is attached to the side view mirror assembly with a ball-and-socket arrangement of plastic parts. The ball is most likely on the back of the mirror glass, and the socket on the housing.

The vibration is most likely being caused by too much play between the ball and socket, causing your mirror glass to vibrate.

It shouldn't be too hard to (carefully!) pop that mirror out and put a bit of material (like felt or pieces of a cotton ball) in the socket portion to get rid of the "play" in the ball and socket joint.

Just something to consider if you're bored and don't mind the potential of breaking stuff. ;)

and @Phlier

@Hayseed_MS What are they now saying about the drive train vibration? @Phlier

SC drove it and said it is a known issue but no fix has been disclosed. I will be in next week with the console issue and will ask again. I put it again on this work order.
@hayseed Please let me know, via tag or PM. Do you find it exists 100% of the time in those speed ranges, or intermittently?

Just scheduled delivery for 4 November!!! Exciting!!!!! Goes into Stealth Matte PPF the next day!!! last time I was this excited my wife was having a baby! Same thing! except it took longer! LOL

Same thing? Did the delivery date disappear and/or keep changing?

If so, you came well prepared for a Tesla addition to the family...

AN EPIPHANY. Here's a thought: Most who can afford a Tesla most likely have imperceptible expenses of $100 here and there without giving it a second thought. On that premise one can afford to lose $100 by intent. How about ordering the same exact model S every 3 months until one is delivered after which one cancels the other orders? Actually me thinks a few members with the multiple cars coming may already be doing that.

I have an LR order in, but seriously considering another order. Small price to pay to avoid future "Plaid Envy". It could happen moments after I see my first red plaid in the wild...

Alright everyone, looking for some feedback here - clearly understanding I have to make the decision. Also understand this is very much a first world problem, but I'm weighing my options and curious what others would do. Also curious, does anyone know if passing on a delivery adds the cost increases? I got in before any, so if that does happen it would make my decision very easy.

My Model Y winter mobile, showed up this week. First Tesla I've owned, and even the 21 LR Model Y is absolutely fantastic and just another level all the way around, compared to any other auto I've owned. I got the Tesla delivery appointment text today for the LR S, and obviously it's a 3 day window and falls over a weekend that's not very good for our schedule. My options are, number one pass on this delivery and wait for the next knowing I don't plan to drive this much between now and April/May. The risk here, is that it puts me so far back it's not delivered by then and here I am waiting again.... although at least this time I'd be waiting in a Tesla instead of a GMC so the urgency seems less. The benefit is that I'd likely be into a 2022 NF VIN, although honestly I'm not too concerned about that. However, I'd still be ridiculously annoyed if April/May showed up and it was not sitting in my garage.

Option two is to force some schedule adjustments (my wife's, especially) to take delivery, and just get the car in hand after this painful 9 month wait. Very much on the fence about this since the Model Y covers my needs for the next 5-6 months, I just don't want to fall to the end of the line again.
If you can wait then wait to get NF win, you already got Y and wont be driving this until next summer. If i am at your place i would wait. Rest of your choice.

It is THAT terrible, it's over $8000 less than carvana
Have you asked them to Price Match Carvana's offer, or is Tesla being just that stupid (again) and won't do that any longer?

If so, then I'm boggled as we're in the same boat: trade-in value from Tesla on our '19 MS Perf w/8k miles is some $25k to $30k LESS than the same, or older/higher mileage MS Perf's on EV-TSLA.com. And, yes, both of our MS Perf's have the pre-paid FSD that we've been scammed with for the last four or five years now.

Elon: Tesla's trade-in values are a true insult.