Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really, really like them. They are very close to the 21s+Michelin PS4S in terms of performance and handling and I can see a lot of folks preferring the 19s+PSAS4 to the 21s+PS4S. I have seen some comments about noise/howling and its not something I have encountered. There is certainly no howling and at 70 mph there are within 1 dB of the 21s+PS4S--maybe that was a different wheel size of setup?
thanks! might have to bite the bullet and get these for the time being as I cannot find any proper winter tires. I just saw a review of these and in snow and ice, they are garbage which i had suspected. there is just no way to make them perform properly on snow and ice.

I ended up with Pirelli P Zero Winter 295/30R21's rears and Pirelli Sottozero Serie II 265/35R21's fronts. The tread is virtually identical and the load rating and specs match exactly with OEM other than the W rated instead of the Y for speed.
Looking at the pics, the center blocks and maybe the center right blocks appear different. The concern is that the different tread pattern will translate to different traction characteristics, which will confuse the car's ABS/traction control and lead to unpredictable results. I think most tire shops want to avoid the potential liability of doing something they know could lead to problems. If you are intent on this setup, you could call around as different tire shops, especially non-chains, have different appetite for this kind of thing.

Looking at the pics, the center blocks and maybe the center right blocks appear different. The concern is that the different tread pattern will translate to different traction characteristics, which will confuse the car's ABS/traction control and lead to unpredictable results. I think most tire shops want to avoid the potential liability of doing something they know could lead to problems. If you are intent on this setup, you could call around as different tire shops, especially non-chains, have different appetite for this kind of thing.
I’d normally be concerned about it but with a staggered setup it’s going to be like that all the time. I’m sure a 265 and a 295 have different levels of traction anyway. Id be less comfortable in the summer but I’m not pulling 1G corners at -20C lol

Just got my VIN for my third Model S Plaid. The one I ordered back in January. It was listing Dec EDD just yesterday, today I got a VIN and it went to next week for delivery. Based on my VIN of MF451, I think mine is a reject... 🤦‍♂️
Well this week’s car are 451. Mine arriving next week is 452. How can that be a reject? It right on timing wise.

BTW, the 451s on the dealer lot were perfect.

My car was in for this--per the service order, it's a known issue and Engineering working on a fix--in the interim, Service wrapped the latch with tape, which fixed the issue.
Thank you! You saved me a trip to service for this. Wrapped the offending (driver side) seat latch with electric tape, and it has completely stopped any rattle.

@lolachampcar - if you haven't already, give this a shot. Works great.

PSA: NEMA 14-50 adapter is back in stock., just ordered.
4 miles per hour on 110 is ok for overnight charging, provided you don't go more than 50 miles per day. Looking forward to 20 miles per hour.
BTW, Tesla did the Apple thing by changing the adapters. Now I have a collection of old type connectors, about half a dozen that I don't have any more use for them. I will give them away if anyone is interested. Such a waste.
Gonna need some context on this one.

"BTW, Tesla did the Apple thing by changing the adapters."

Which adapter to what mechanism. I have an adapter for my model 3 I plan on using with my Plaid.

Ok no entertainment tonight so I’m gonna start a new game…

NAME THIS JOINT!

Attachments

• EF3DE6E7-C47C-4900-8DD1-B930102760AC.jpeg
    EF3DE6E7-C47C-4900-8DD1-B930102760AC.jpeg
    635.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Funny
Reactions: Phlier and Pdubs
Well this week’s car are 451. Mine arriving next week is 452. How can that be a reject? It right on timing wise.

BTW, the 451s on the dealer lot were perfect.
I'm on the east coast, just yesterday it was still December, today I got the VIN and the updated delivery date for next few days... Cannot have been built a week ago, so seems like someone rejected it and then matched to me.

Woah another round of price increases:
Now Plaid S vs. LR S is a $35k difference. @Tigers your theory seems bang on so far.

Yep - the demand for the LR has to be 4-5x the plaid X AND they are sold out of both for a while. Why would you have it be a massive $30-40k gap when in truth the only difference is more speed, like a performance upgrade. The Model S Plaid is still a $35k gap, that car has to see a $10k haircut in the next few months.

EDIT: just to add, Elon mentioned *sugar* is more expensive and they are paying a ton to get parts shipped in all sorts of ways. He said he is HOPEFUL the shortage is over by end of next year. I wouldn't expect price drops on these cars until at least end of Q2 if not end of Q3 next year.

Last prediction: after Q4, Model S LR base price going to $99k. If the tax credit ever gets done (50/50), they will raise the price for that also.

Last edited:
4 miles per hour on 110 is ok for overnight charging, provided you don't go more than 50 miles per day. Looking forward to 20 miles per hour.
BTW, Tesla did the Apple thing by changing the adapters. Now I have a collection of old type connectors, about half a dozen that I don't have any more use for them. I will give them away if anyone is interested. Such a waste.
Wait what. What is the old style and what is the new style?

Why can we not all just use USB-C?

Yep - the demand for the LR has to be 4-5x the plaid X AND they are sold out of both for a while. Why would you have it be a massive $30-40k gap when in truth the only difference is more speed, like a performance upgrade. The Model S Plaid is still a $35k gap, that car has to see a $10k haircut in the next few months.

EDIT: just to add, Elon mentioned *sugar* is more expensive and they are paying a ton to get parts shipped in all sorts of ways. He said he is HOPEFUL the shortage is over by end of next year. I wouldn't expect price drops on these cars until at least end of Q2 if not end of Q3 next year.
A tri motor is not like a performance upgrade.

Can’t wait until current customers get the notice to install the active aero wing.

Are you referring to the Gen 2 adapters? Or is there something else?

18B8EA7F-81ED-4020-99EB-52E7870E12FC.jpeg
I simply googled his color wrap and lots of cars came up, that is the plaid that showed.
So like everything else looks like wrap vinyl is in sort supply depending on the color. Apparently the glue is the problem so the manufactures are stocking more of the basic colors like flat black. They were six months out for most orange. Going to use Teckwrap fierce red. So more to add to the Tesla waiting pain.

I ordered a Model S in April. Delivery date was originally July, then got pushed back to September. In September they actually assigned me a VIN, and then at the end of September the VIN disappeared and the date got moved to October. Got another (different) VIN assigned early October, and now my delivery date is scheduled for later today. I live pretty close to the factory.

Hope this helps someone else who is wondering when theirs might arrive!
Thanks. I ordered my S on April 30th. my EDD is Nov 7 to Dec 5th.

So like everything else looks like wrap vinyl is in sort supply depending on the color. Apparently the glue is the problem so the manufactures are stocking more of the basic colors like flat black. They were six months out for most orange. Going to use Teckwrap fierce red. So more to add to the Tesla waiting pain.
Amazing red. Sure to attract attention!