Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a VIN. No email. No text. Just me checking online.

Going on a trip this week based on what SA told me last week ('no worries, you've got a November build'), don't think I'll be able to pull off a delivery before I go....back in line for me.....here's to a 2022!

Oh my. Just got the ‘Schedule Your Delivery’ text. How ironic. Earliest appointment is an hour prior to my flight overseas (trip is for two weeks). Window is 4 days.

And to top it off. Delivery of wife’s MYP just slipped 3 weeks. Witch* throws the backend plans out of the water too. Maybe both will be 2022 VINs now. And one possibly without an ‘F’ on plant site designator.

*Halloween spelling

Last edited:
Oh my. Just got the ‘Schedule Your Delivery’ text. How ironic. Earliest appointment is an hour prior to my flight overseas (trip is for two weeks). Window is 4 days.

And to top it off. Delivery of wife’s MYP just slipped 3 weeks. Witch* throws the backend plans out of the water too. Maybe both will be 2022 VINs now. And one possibly without an ‘F’ on plant site designator.

*Halloween spelling
For me personally, after 9 months of waiting and being allowed a 3 day window to pick up regardless of circumstances or else you go back in the hopper is just an incredibly poor customer service policy. I realize they have limited space and I’m not paid to try to solve this, but surely somebody should be.

For me personally, after 9 months of waiting and being allowed a 3 day window to pick up regardless of circumstances or else you go back in the hopper is just an incredibly poor customer service policy. I realize they have limited space and I’m not paid to try to solve this, but surely somebody should be.
I’ve been waiting 13 months. Been good with the wait on the Plaid, just not the daily gyrations on delivery guesstimates. Both our cars will probably be 2022 models now. Maybe MYP will even have 4680s and ship from TX.

‘Jjust took all the drama out of it and reined in control over some of this silliness. Rented a car for when I get back until mid January. Surely We’ll have one new Tesla by then.

Last edited:
Hey Tesla fam. Finally got a VIN after waiting forever!! MS LR White on white

Can anyone help me with figuring out my build date? Last 6 of the vin are 452801

If it helps, my build is the same as yours (white/white) with a VIN of 452, and build date on mine was October 12, delivery appt. this coming Friday.

Really interesting...

The black lug nut covers you show above do not appear in my version of the Tesla catalog. I see the arachnid lug nut covers, but they are not specified as black and the part number is different.
You have to change cars in the drop down menu and look the parts for "Model S Apr 2016 - Jan 2021"

*Halloween spelling
Could be some pad in that to inspect and prep car. Talk to the delivery advisor, could push it up a day.

Crap, my EDD this morning finally moved, though in the wrong direction. Changed from Oct 28-Nov 18, now at Nov 10-Dec 8.
Oh, man. I'll be watching my EDD very closely then... I have 10/28-11/26 - so right around what you had. Even though there seem to be quite a few deliveries happening, some people (like us) are just not lucky.

Also: Thanks to everyone posting tips and experience on rims and tires. I am following this closely since I probably need to get a set of winter tires. 👍

I was able to pay via cashiers check day of delivery after fully inspecting the car (no test drive).

*Halloween spelling
Perhaps you could go in and pay for the car (or pay online through Plaid) and then authorize a friend to go pick it up during the delivery window. Tesla should be able to accommodate. I know, that’s a big “should”.

Perhaps you could go in and pay for the car (or pay online through Plaid) and then authorize a friend to go pick it up during the delivery window. Tesla should be able to accommodate. I know, that’s a big “should”.
If he was to have someone pick it up, just make sure he does not drive it. Actually, I am not being factitious. I was told by someone who picked up his Model S, that he was given 100 miles to pick up any defects. Not warranty items, but things like paint, trim, etc, that could be damaged by the owner after delivery.

Well, my $6 custom
BA67DA21-BC0A-405D-9EED-CD593803F30C.jpeg
magnetic sign arrived. Not sure I will ever use it, though.