Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So update.

“The 'retrofit' parts we're waiting for include the following:

-Load Floors (lower and side)
-Parcel Shelves
-License Plate Frames
-Interior Floor Mats
-Keys
-Trunk Sills”

Is anyone else missing the trunk sills? I assume this is the trim that the trunk covers when closed at the rear?
Sounds like the exact things that are missing in my car, plus a couple paint chips that need to be fixed. It arrived last Thursday, they won’t deliver it until all issues are resolved. Beyond painful, I just know there will be a snowstorm when it’s ready to be delivered.

So my Tesla Sales Advisor texts me today saying that my exact configuration of my Model S is available and he can get the VIN matched immediately….however, this car, although brand new, has some damage disclosures with it. Basically, the car got damaged in transit or some other way, and Tesla repaired it completely and is now selling it as brand new. Configuration is Model S LR Blue/ Cream/ wood/ 21”/ FSD. He even emailed me the damage disclosures to look at. looks like $11k worth of repair was completed by Tesla service on that car which included some paint work, front bumper, front door panel and a few other things.

What would you do? Take delivery or pass? I am thinking of passing on this offer and wait for my car which is hopefully only a few weeks away.

So my Tesla Sales Advisor texts me today saying that my exact configuration of my Model S is available and he can get the VIN matched immediately….however, this car, although brand new, has some damage disclosures with it. Basically, the car got damaged in transit or some other way, and Tesla repaired it completely and is now selling it as brand new. Configuration is Model S LR Blue/ Cream/ wood/ 21”/ FSD. He even emailed me the damage disclosures to look at. looks like $11k worth of repair was completed by Tesla service on that car which included some paint work, front bumper, front door panel and a few other things.

What would you do? Take delivery or pass? I am thinking of passing on this offer and wait for my car which is hopefully only a few weeks away.
Pass. Let’s not let our desperation get the best of us. Unless they are offering you something much more that a slightly earlier delivery, I don’t see the benefit.

Picking up Plaid tomorrow from existing inventory that was sitting in Lynwood, Seattle, VIN MF4514xx, any issue with this? Can this be from the "bastard lot"? Manufacture date according to sales is 10/11.

I found this by calling Tesla. No new Model S were/currently are listed in the existing inventory site.
451 is not a ‘bastard lot’.

Since you’re hopefully only a few weeks out I’d wait. Plus waiting may give you the bonus of a 2022 model. If you were staring down the barrel of a Feb / March EDD I’d seriously consider taking the offer but it’s not worth it for me to save a few weeks.

Anyone have photos of a blue / cream S they can share? I got frustrated and started looking at other cars; need to remind myself I actually like this one more than a Porsche for more than “saving the planet” reasons (and my dislike for Elon and TSLA should equally be forgotten).
If possible, hang in there.
As you can see from many who were hugely frustrated, it was worth the wait for them. You also normally do not have to deal with the business side of the house after you take delivery which significantly reduces frustration.

That known damage history does not go away just because Tesla sold it as "new". It would seem an unnecessary risk on resale unless you are going to keep the car for a very long period of time.

You are not the only one... I keep configuring this over and over again. I really want a 2022 Tesla Model S with Matrix LED headlights
View attachment 726564
Exactly the car I look at too. Usually I just force myself to stare at “MPG” and then remember that I want to stay electric (for the environment. And the acceleration)… but it’s getting more difficult.

Unless they give you a large discount, pass for sure.

Sharing...

Curious, would it show up in the VIN history of the car since the car was not even sold at that point?
I believe if Tesla fixed it in house it would not show up, but im not 100% sure on that. I know I bought a MYP with a $5000 damage repair (Chicago riots, broken windshield and dented hood) and it had clean auto checks. I did get a substantial discount though.

Curious, would it show up in the VIN history of the car since the car was not even sold at that point?
Not sure, but usually every panel/bumper skin has a VIN sticker, and if one or more are replaced, that results in problems, trade in value wise. And if Trading into Tesla, they already know about the damage and would likely result in a lower offer from them as well.