Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my Tesla Sales Advisor texts me today saying that my exact configuration of my Model S is available and he can get the VIN matched immediately….however, this car, although brand new, has some damage disclosures with it. Basically, the car got damaged in transit or some other way, and Tesla repaired it completely and is now selling it as brand new. Configuration is Model S LR Blue/ Cream/ wood/ 21”/ FSD. He even emailed me the damage disclosures to look at. looks like $11k worth of repair was completed by Tesla service on that car which included some paint work, front bumper, front door panel and a few other things.

What would you do? Take delivery or pass? I am thinking of passing on this offer and wait for my car which is hopefully only a few weeks away.
Pass. It is no longer the same as new.

Just musing. It seems nobody wants a dusty early VIN car from the bastard lot - I get that. However, would you be more inclined to take one (or even want one) if autographed by Elon and Franz? maybe on the sun vizor, like i think James Gandolfini did with his escalade from the Sopranos?
Suddenly, that car would be more interesting to me.
Not sure if it would have any greater resale value.
Also wondering about the S the dude bought from Jay Leno.
If I actually had my S, I wouldn't have time to ponder this stuff....

Just musing. It seems nobody wants a dusty early VIN car from the bastard lot - I get that. However, would you be more inclined to take one (or even want one) if autographed by Elon and Franz? maybe on the sun vizor, like i think James Gandolfini did with his escalade from the Sopranos?
Suddenly, that car would be more interesting to me.
Not sure if it would have any greater resale value.
Also wondering about the S the dude bought from Jay Leno.
If I actually had my S, I wouldn't have time to ponder this stuff....
Pass

So my Tesla Sales Advisor texts me today saying that my exact configuration of my Model S is available and he can get the VIN matched immediately….however, this car, although brand new, has some damage disclosures with it. Basically, the car got damaged in transit or some other way, and Tesla repaired it completely and is now selling it as brand new. Configuration is Model S LR Blue/ Cream/ wood/ 21”/ FSD. He even emailed me the damage disclosures to look at. looks like $11k worth of repair was completed by Tesla service on that car which included some paint work, front bumper, front door panel and a few other things.

What would you do? Take delivery or pass? I am thinking of passing on this offer and wait for my car which is hopefully only a few weeks away.
When I called Tesla about my vehicle, the advisor offered three Plaids, two recent builds (now reserved) and a May build. There was another May car with a damage disclosure that I was available here in Florida.

Here’s a May Plaid that’s available in Florida: Blue Cream 21” Plaid

When I called Tesla about my vehicle, the advisor offered three Plaids, two recent builds (now reserved) and a May build. There was another May car with a damage disclosure that I was available here in Florida.

Here’s a May Plaid that’s available in Florida: Blue Cream 21” Plaid
@Ormond Wait, are you saying you reserved a later vin, instead of the “bastard,” or that the “bastard” was the only viable option of the three, for you?

@Ormond Wait, are you saying you reserved a later vin, instead of the “bastard,” or that the “bastard” was the only viable option of the three, for you?
watch-your-mouth-be-quiet.gif

JK of course! ;)

I found out the code name for @AnselmDante is "Delta"
This probation thing has no defined rules or time limit assigned to it. All I know is that every post I attempt to make has to be approved by a moderator, and that process can take several hours to several days.

I can't really participate in conversations if my comments may never be viewed. Who wants to go back several pages to see if something was added after they already read the posts? For that reason, I am going to stop posting until the probation is lifted. If the probation is based on a set number of posts, instead of a time limit, then this will be my last post.

Sounds like the exact things that are missing in my car, plus a couple paint chips that need to be fixed. It arrived last Thursday, they won’t deliver it until all issues are resolved. Beyond painful, I just know there will be a snowstorm when it’s ready to be delivered.
A fellow Calgarian! I see LR and Plaid in your sig. Which one are you waiting for? Now we have to meet up and complain about build quality. Are you going to run winter tires? I see 10cm in the forecast for tomorrow lol

Lady Mae (Greenleaf reference) was assigned to me. When I called to see if she was at the Service Center, I asked about the build date. When I balked at the early May build, I was offered alternative Plaids as options. I could have chosen a Black/White 19” Plaid. I’m sticking with a Long Range.

When I was getting my cashiers check at the bank, I told the tellers that Tesla encourages you to pay prior to delivery via Plaid. They advised me not to and that I should drive it first. :D I got reassurances that I could re-deposit my funds if I don’t use the check.

My delivery is tomorrow afternoon, and I’m going to spend today reviewing instructional videos and printing out a checklist. I’m hoping for decent weather. The delivery lot at the Orlando/Eatonville location is crowded.

Lady Mae (Greenleaf reference) was assigned to me. When I called to see if she was at the Service Center, I asked about the build date. When I balked at the early May build, I was offered alternative Plaids as options. I could have chosen a Black/White 19” Plaid. I’m sticking with a Long Range.

When I was getting my cashiers check at the bank, I told the tellers that Tesla encourages you to pay prior to delivery via Plaid. They advised me not to and that I should drive it first. :D I got reassurances that I could re-deposit my funds if I don’t use the check.

My delivery is tomorrow afternoon, and I’m going to spend today reviewing instructional videos and printing out a checklist. I’m hoping for decent weather. The delivery lot at the Orlando/Eatonville location is crowded.
Good luck! That's where my car is going too except they're going to deliver it to me downtown. Hope it all goes smoothly

Looks like I'll be going back into the office soon, we park in a dirt lot. Would some sort of ceramic coating or PPF be preferred for this type of situation daily? I'm not knowledgeable on the subject.

Also if anyone in Orlando knows a good shop that would be great
Ceramic will help make it easy to just throw water on it, clear the dirt and then launch it to dry. Would not spend so much on PPF just to protect from dirt. However, does said dirt lot have rocks? That could introduce a need for PPF.