Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
for those that went with DCU for financing: I've completed setting up my accounts (savings and checking), got my online credentials to login, account #'s, etc. Setting up Direct Deposit now.
If I ultimately want the 1.24% rate, appears I needed both accounts (checking and savings), 65 month term, and direct deposit. Whats the min amount for DD that will get me that 1.24% rate? I've heard "entire paycheck" but there is no way they know what that is. And I dont want the entire paycheck going there. I've heard lesser than "entire paycheck" has worked for many.

Anyone know the min amount?

That's pretty crazy. I'm not willing to dump my entire paycheck into that account, there are no ATMs near me and I can't give up my checking numbers. I also was under the impression only a savings account was required?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
That's pretty crazy. I'm not willing to dump my entire paycheck into that account, there are no ATMs near me and I can't give up my checking numbers. I also was under the impression only a savings account was required?

They'll give you a 50bps discount for direct deposit and a 25bps discount for energy-efficient vehicles. So if you "need" 124bps, you've gotta do direct deposit; if you're comfortable at 174bps you can just do an account setup and call it a day.

ETA: the 50bps saves you about $1k on a $75k loan over 60 month period. It's not nothin', but not big dollars. If you assume a 7% rate of return in the market the spread here ends up being something like $12k vs. $13k, for reference.

They'll give you a 50bps discount for direct deposit and a 25bps discount for energy-efficient vehicles. So if you "need" 124bps, you've gotta do direct deposit; if you're comfortable at 174bps you can just do an account setup and call it a day.

ETA: the 50bps saves you about $1k on a $75k loan over 60 month period. It's not nothin', but not big dollars. If you assume a 7% rate of return in the market the spread here ends up being something like $12k vs. $13k, for reference.

I'm fine with direct deposit, but my plan was to just have payroll do the ACH transfer directly to the loan account of the amount of the payment. Then the remainder goes to my regular checking/investment/etc

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
@jebinc I rescheduled my delivery for tomorrow.

Regarding signing documents, did y’all just hit the accept button online? Regarding the state lemon law, I usually object to waiver of right to sue and decline agreement to arbitration. How can I do this online? Do you sign any tangible documents at delivery?

I don’t know that I should accept or sign anything unless I take the car. I’m in no rush to buy. Any advice? I’ll print a delivery checklist.

Regarding signing documents, did y’all just hit the accept button online? Regarding the state lemon law, I usually object to waiver of right to sue and decline agreement to arbitration. How can I do this online? Do you sign any tangible documents at delivery?

I don’t know that I should accept or sign anything unless I take the car. I’m in no rush to buy. Any advice? I’ll print a delivery checklist.
I would hold off, as there’s no harm in doing so. Nothing to gain, but perhaps something to lose if you sign now.

for those that went with DCU for financing: I've completed setting up my accounts (savings and checking), got my online credentials to login, account #'s, etc. Setting up Direct Deposit now.
If I ultimately want the 1.24% rate, appears I needed both accounts (checking and savings), 65 month term, and direct deposit. Whats the min amount for DD that will get me that 1.24% rate? I've heard "entire paycheck" but there is no way they know what that is. And I dont want the entire paycheck going there. I've heard lesser than "entire paycheck" has worked for many.

Anyone know the min amount?
I posted this before, but I did partial direct deposit with the amount needed to cover the monthly payment. For example if you get paid twice per month then something between $750 and $1,100 per pay check should cover your monthly loan payment of $1,500 - $2,200, depending on which model you bought.

Wow, things change fast around here. So one car is now complete other than the trunk luggage cover which is still short. Getting the car tomorrow if they can make it work or Monday if not. They won't let me look at both cars side by side and play them off each other now :( so I can see the one that is complete and then decide if I want the other later. No bites on a sale at current retail so looks like it will be up for grabs.

I believe you have 30 days to notify Tesla legal that you opt out of the arbitration clause.
BTW - Love the Peacock!

Hi all,
1. My neighbor recently ordered an MSM Plaid. And got a friggin VIN and delivery date for November 6 - 12 - I think he only ordered a week ago, I don't have clear dates, but damn!
2. I never got a solid answer or thought to this, so help please. I want a 2022 all things being equal, I'm presently slated for 12/3-12/31. If I had to wait a month, maybe okay, but if I had to wait 4 months, well, not that exciting.
I've seen the white interior really getting pushed back. Even new Plaid orders - you can get them in December, or April for the white interior, and I think it's even worse with the LR.
Therefore, I think the shortages are going to get worse, etc. and my idea of "skip this VIN, get the next" may be a really bad move. I would like my perceived increase in value on a resale of a 2022 versus a 2021, but not sure how big a deal that will be. Alternatively, if I lease, it will be irrelevant.
I also think the chip shortages, supply issues, etc. will be long gone in 3 years (I hope) and with 4680 cells, etc. the 2021 or even 2022 LR may not be as desirable as it is today.
I do have the car locked in at the $15k lower price so I could almost take it and flip it, but I want this thing for 3 years. and not a second out of warranty, so at most 4 years unless i buy extended.
So bottom line questions, please:
1) does it pay to buy versus lease - i like leasing, but don't trust when my next Tesla would be available in 3 years - would the EDD be accurate or not?
2) does the 2022 versus 2021 make a BIG difference on a resale 3 or 4 years from now
3) if i skip my December targeted delivery might I be looking at a month, or many months?
thanks for any thoughts!!!!

Guessing non white seats were ordered.

Just got off the phone with a sales rep who said grey with black interior Plaids were in stock and I could pick one up immediately in the Bay Area though I really like the look of white interior. can't decide, since my white interior reservation is set to come late December

Just a thought...for those that like white...

Seat covers!

Hope this is true.

If that article is true and no cap actually stays in place, a lot of us will effectively get an MS for $75-$85k. That would be pretty incredible. As long as the no cap stays, that’s the big one. The whole union thing I doubt will actually stay in the bill though. My delivery isn’t expected until next year so, selfishly, I would love that tax credit.

Hope this is true.

If that article is true and no cap actually stays in place, a lot of us will effectively get an MS for $75-$85k. That would be pretty incredible. As long as the no cap stays, that’s the big one. The whole union thing I doubt will actually stay in the bill though. My delivery isn’t expected until next year so, selfishly, I would love that tax credit.
Well unfortunately there is still a price cap:

Don't be too sad though, as there is no way Tesla wouldn't increase the prices of their cars to match their current prices after incentives.
They really don't seem to want people ordering , as they have way too much demand, along with any supply chain shortages that bottleneck production that slow down deliveries. So it would be the same price anyway.🙂

For what it’s worth, I have the Continental ProContact RXs on both the Plaid (compliments of Tesla) and on my MYP. While I can’t speak to snow performance, I can say they work well in cold rainy Seattle weather. Even ran a fast 0-60 in cold damp weather - almost the same as with the summer tires in summer!

View attachment 726151
@yerEVan
What I noticed on my MP3, the factory tires, Michelins, were noisy. Are the continentals a quiet ride? I noticed the Pilots are able to go at higher speeds, and considered performance tires, but I wonder if they are noisier.

Knock on wood, I may have just got lucky with new MSM LR dropping in my lap for delivery.... tomorrow! I ordered in September to replace my 2018 which is on lease extension. EDD was March for awhile and recently pushed to April. But my sales associate texted me today asking if I would be happy with white interior instead of cream. So I decided to pull the trigger and try something different, given my last 2 Tesla's had cream interiors. So now I just have to hope the car is in good shape with no issues tomorrow.

Knock on wood, I may have just got lucky with new MSM LR dropping in my lap for delivery.... tomorrow! I ordered in September to replace my 2018 which is on lease extension. EDD was March for awhile and recently pushed to April. But my sales associate texted me today asking if I would be happy with white interior instead of cream. So I decided to pull the trigger and try something different, given my last 2 Tesla's had cream interiors. So now I just have to hope the car is in good shape with no issues tomorrow.
nope. not cool. MSM LR w White there's definitely plenty of other earlier orders than you in the same area with your exact config. This is some ish. Thanks for rubbing it in.

@doubleshot, isn’t that your build?! What’s your EDD these days?
haha it is!!! holding right now at Nov 16-Dec 14... little upset I went from having a 20 day window to now a 30 day window now. then thus stuff happens and it boils over like wtf is happening. it's fine to give a reject to someone else in the area with the same configuration, but there's literally people with the same order in the same area that have been waiting even longer than I have...

OK rant over. lol