Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery was rescheduled for today. When I arrived , there was a beautiful blue bastard MSLR in the delivery section outside the dealership. But it wasn’t mine! I was told that my car was being brought over from another lot. While I waited, I asked an advisor why my car was sitting unsold for so long. The only thing I learned was that the air suspension pump had been replaced and that there was a hold on the car. They couldn’t deliver it. I decided that it was a sign from G-d, that I should pass on the car.

Before I could leave, my SA arrived and said she would deliver the MS to my house when the hold was released. I’m not sure that I understand why the car was on hold, the SA said something about using it for training?!? I told her that I’d wait for another one. I didn’t even get to see it or sit in a refresh. Tesla did offer a M3P as a loner, but I declined. :confused: I’ll be waiting a while longer for another match.

Good move, @Ormond ! Leave the “bastard” with Tesla. They can be responsible for raising it! 🤣

Really sucks.

Yes, a complete waste of @Ormond time and emotional energy; but not an unexpected outcome - given this “bastard” car has been unowned by a loving owner and has been sitting in that Fremont “rejects” lot for six months!

Sounds like it was transferred to another Tesla home (aka SC) for yet another undisclosed period of time. Maybe a “forever home” 🏡 will be found for it by it’s first birthday?! 🥰

I would have had one extra vehicle, so I’m not too upset. I did waste an afternoon driving to the dealership. I’m not sure why it was scheduled for delivery if it had a hold on it. Everything happens for a reason.
I agree with you 100%...something was off on that car, and going with your gut feeling was the right thing to do! Everything does happen for a reason, and YOUR car that you'll love will be coming soon! 🙏 ;)

Thought I'd pass on DCU update. Couple tips for those aiming to use them. If you dont have your VIN and close delivery date yet, can still fill out the application to join and get the checking/savings accounts/some level of direct deposit going if you are gunning for 1.24%. Just dont check the boxes for auto loan or else, the process for the app WILL start and they WILL do a credit pull. (found out the hard way). Loan offer is good for 45 days, and if you dont execute on the loan by then, loan cancels and you have to start over with the application, upload paystub again, have them pull credit again, etc.

Another note: I had planned to get a loan for almost full amount of the car ($85k) since its 1.24%, BUT, they came back and countered with $60k, even though my income wasnt a problem nor was my credit score. Per their loan guy on the phone, Issue was I had not had any big loans (other than mortgage) in any recent history. (I typically have paid cash and bought used). I may go back and ask for more, but that was their "counter" offer. Worst case, I'll take it and add the rest out of pocket. Just passing on for those who may be contemplating DCU
Just went through the process and they essentially did the same thing. I overshot what I wanted on the loan application ($120) and they came in at the amount I originally wanted to finance ($100). What was strange was the loan officer, after they offer me less and we settled on terms, asked if I wanted more through what I assumed was a secondary loan. I turned it down for no good reason before she offered terms. Not sure why I did besides just not having one more thing to deal with. Not sure why they are doing that but something to keep in mind. Beyond that, the process was pretty easy. Paystub, MVPA, apply for membership, set up direct deposit, loan closed at 1.24% Check is on the way.

Taking delivery in Alpharetta, GA today of Black Plaid with cream and walnut trim, standard wheels. EDD bounced all around from Sept to next April. EDD is really uninformative. Don’t get excited or depressed by a current EDD. All that counts is VIN assignment. Hoping for no issues. And good luck to all who are waiting!
See you there.

Indoor, on a carpet, what kind of luxury is this. Clearly not Tesla.
I thought it was gonna be in a dirt lot in the rain lol over all quality was very good. I just noted a wrinkled trim and a scratch on the center console. It was missing a small rubber plug on the trunk that they put on and then the polishing of scratches started. Also I’m not sure I’ve seen a darker delivery center. I used my phone flashlight on every inch of the car lol

Attachments

• 4CB5FAC6-F679-4E7B-8DFA-410A7BB116A6.jpeg
    4CB5FAC6-F679-4E7B-8DFA-410A7BB116A6.jpeg
    469 KB · Views: 69
  • DD8DF36A-96D2-45B0-A580-37BDF47ABBED.jpeg
    DD8DF36A-96D2-45B0-A580-37BDF47ABBED.jpeg
    455.7 KB · Views: 55
I thought it was gonna be in a dirt lot in the rain lol over all quality was very good. I just noted a wrinkled trim and a scratch on the center console. It was missing a small rubber plug on the trunk that they put on and then the polishing of scratches started. Also I’m not sure I’ve seen a darker delivery center. I used my phone flashlight on every inch of the car lol
I also had that wrinkled trim and when I had a mobile tech out to deliver my missing trunk pieces , I mentioned it to him. He was able to remove it and re-install/space it so that the wrinkle was removed. Looks great now.

Took delivery of Plaid, Black, cream & walnut, today on a wet day in Alpharetta, GA. All looked ok, and good so far. Small smudge on middle of back seat was cleaned up quickly. Moving from a 2014 MS 85, I am still working out the new interface and yoke, but getting it. I like the visibility above the yoke. It works well to hold it for expressway driving (took a while for the cameral system to calibrate for Auto Steer). I still reach for the top of the phantom steering wheel, but less and less. Much quieter than my S 85. I have not floored it yet, but the few “punches” I gave it on the expressway were breathtaking and neck snapping. From 60, it seemed like I hit 93 in a heartbeat and before I realized it. I will have to calibrate the push on the accelerator. I like the clean lines of the interior and the landscape screen. LIke it so far.

Getting full front, lower panels, etc. ppf, ceramic coating and tinting in a week and a half. I hope it will really help keeping a black car clean.