Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had to delete the video as I got a warning from lawyers 🤷🏻‍♂️
But I saved the photos here:

Not a fan of tinted lights. Reminds me of ricer civics(I’m Asian) and Mustang guys.

Did you know a LR just set the EV cannonball record?

Give the car a chance as far as cross country travel.

Passengers usually appreciate a stop every two hours or so. Especially with your MS, they will want to admire it from the outside..
The beauty of the current LR is that it is not 2 hours before you need a break, but more like 4. And then, charging is super fast. Just 20 minutes is enough to give us another 3-4 hours. I think one short stop for a 6-8 hour drive is not only practical, but makes for a reasonable break.

That's my kit 😊 I sell it here:

You can see the photos with compared lighting... the tint doesn't seem to reduce visibility 👍
I like all the photo comparisons you have posted. Even with the darkest tint, there is negligible light reduction. We MS's also have a rear brake LED bar on our rear windshield. I would like to add additional rear brake lights, such as these, but I have not seen them for the MS yet, and certainly not for the refresh (if there is even a difference).

My only hesitation is the legality. I know tinting rear brake lights is illegal here in Cali, which is not a huge deal. I just would rather not give Johnny Law any reason to pull me over.

I like all the photo comparisons you have posted. Even with the darkest tint, there is negligible light reduction. We MS's also have a rear brake LED bar on our rear windshield. I would like to add additional rear brake lights, such as these, but I have not seen them for the MS yet, and certainly not for the refresh (if there is even a difference).

My only hesitation is the legality. I know tinting rear brake lights is illegal here in Cali, which is not a huge deal. I just would rather not give Johnny Law any reason to pull me over.
Actually, I did find a couple of kits for converting the rear reflectors into brake lights, including options for making them into turn signals. Here is one basic brake light kit. These are mostly from China, without a local company to stand behind them.

The question is: are the current rear reflectors on the refresh the same as prior MS's?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Not really concerned with what gas costs. Takes 5 mins or less to fill up at a gas station and then I can drive about 560 miles on the BMW 530xi. A lot of people on this forum are from CA, where it sounds like Tesla chargers are everywhere. I am in NE Ohio. Just when driving on the Ohio Turnpike, there are no Tesla chargers at any of the rest areas, which means you have to get off an exit to get to one. Add 15 minutes or more just to get off the exit and then add the time it takes to fill up the Tesla.

I get it if you are doing all local travel, where you charge at home, but I constantly travel and gas still has a big advantage over EV. I really don’t want to stop to charge, when I am doing a simple drive to Toledo, Columbus or Pittsburgh, which sounds like in the winter months would have too. Especially if a business trip and I have other people with me.

Still love the concept of EV and love the Model S. I will probably get my Model S next month, but still causes a lot of range anxiety. The way the used car market is, if I really dislike the charging part when traveling, at least I can sell it and not take much of a loss, since buying at the $79,999 price. :)
Still checking the rest of the feed so maybe someone has already made this point, but I just mapped Amherst to Pittsburgh, Columbus, and Toledo. All 3 are 300 miles or less round trip. That's a single charge, and if you have the supercharger installed into your home your car will refill overnight easily. You might enjoy gas stations, but with the Model S you won't ever have to detour for charging stations if you just fill up at home...

Man, I’m having trouble making a decision here and need help. Both of these are actual PPF, not vinyl wraps. Do I go with clear or one of these? Top one is pearl and metallic flake (a lot of flake) it seems to go teal in some lighting too. The bottom is more of a pearl blue/purple shift only. The bottom is a brand not used in North America and will not have an install or a yellowing warranty. I will also take a week to get.

Help! I’m doing a full wrap regardless. Price aside thoughts?

Too rice?

Attachments

• C355C1A5-4FDE-4528-9276-BB735FAFD971.jpeg
    C355C1A5-4FDE-4528-9276-BB735FAFD971.jpeg
    871.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 0ADA5ECE-F891-4AA8-A9C2-B17DCBE1FAF7.jpeg
    0ADA5ECE-F891-4AA8-A9C2-B17DCBE1FAF7.jpeg
    629 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Man, I’m having trouble making a decision here and need help. Both of these are actual PPF, not vinyl wraps. Do I go with clear or one of these? Top one is pearl and metallic flake (a lot of flake) it seems to go teal in some lighting too. The bottom is more of a pearl blue/purple shift only. The bottom is a brand not used in North America and will not have an install or a yellowing warranty. I will also take a week to get.

Too rice?
Top one looks much more purple-ishy. Based on that I'd go with the bottom one.
I think the blue looks great on the MS so I wouldn't try to make it look purple.

Still checking the rest of the feed so maybe someone has already made this point, but I just mapped Amherst to Pittsburgh, Columbus, and Toledo. All 3 are 300 miles or less round trip. That's a single charge, and if you have the supercharger installed into your home your car will refill overnight easily. You might enjoy gas stations, but with the Model S you won't ever have to detour for charging stations if you just fill up at home...
Thanks for doing that. Sure it is just my range anxiety of never owning an EV before. I am getting a supercharger installed. :)

Too rice?
If one of those is STEK Dynoprism that's what I put on my white S. The effect is very subtle but when you catch it in the right light it's amazing. When the light is behind you it reflects blue and if the light is on the other side of the car from you it reflects purple. It also adds a general sparkle which in the case of pearl white it added extra sparkle.

01F22A54-7CF3-4E5E-BD5E-67227C5695C7.jpeg00924F64-DC30-4DF4-AAAE-9328035CE5DE.jpeg34F638EC-3770-4A90-ADE6-FFBD5825B130.jpeg

If one of those is STEK Dynoprism that's what I put on my white S. The effect is very subtle but when you catch it in the right light it's amazing. When the light is behind you it reflects blue and if the light is on the other side of the car from you it reflects purple. It also adds a general sparkle which in the case of pearl white it added extra sparkle.

View attachment 727794View attachment 727795View attachment 727796
The top one is. It was under the installers shop lights but seemed very intense. Do you notice it more or less in the sun?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid