Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If one of those is STEK Dynoprism that's what I put on my white S. The effect is very subtle but when you catch it in the right light it's amazing. When the light is behind you it reflects blue and if the light is on the other side of the car from you it reflects purple. It also adds a general sparkle which in the case of pearl white it added extra sparkle.

View attachment 727794View attachment 727795View attachment 727796
That looks fantabulous!

The top one is. It was under the installers shop lights but seemed very intense. Do you notice it more or less in the sun?
It shows pretty well under my garage lights. Interestingly when I was in Colorado I stopped by Erik and David's house (DÆrik on youtube) and put it in their garage and it didn't show at all under those crazy lights they have. Out in the sun you'll see it a lot more if you have polarized glasses on. Also they say that it shows the least on white so it will probably be more pronounced on blue.

Here is my plaid and my S75 together in the garage. Next to each other the plaid just pops so much more.
B7FD2B07-5C73-4C97-855B-9B015B852CCB.jpeg

Here is the plaid at Erik and David's not showing any effect.
B87058D9-E62D-4174-8F35-2B94493EDB45.jpeg284D12E5-439B-4ED7-99CF-1E13AA435E8D.jpeg

It shows pretty well under my garage lights. Interestingly when I was in Colorado I stopped by Erik and David's house (DÆrik on youtube) and put it in their garage and it didn't show at all under those crazy lights they have. Out in the sun you'll see it a lot more if you have polarized glasses on. Also they say that it shows the least on white so it will probably be more pronounced on blue.

Here is my plaid and my S75 together in the garage. Next to each other the plaid just pops so much more.
View attachment 727817

Here is the plaid at Erik and David's not showing any effect.
View attachment 727818View attachment 727819
I was going for a subtle change but darker paint really makes it pop. Not sure I like the level of sparkle or the green on some angles though.

Today is the day! Christmas in October, 9 months and 1 day after order. Pickup is this evening 2.5 hours from home, so I’ll try to post some pics this weekend. Full tint coming Wednesday. I watched the videos this morning to familiarize myself with the new UI and stalkless configuration, and the excitement came right back like a kid in a dang candy store. Everyone here has helped ease my pain, knowing “we’re all in this together”. I hope everyone waiting gets their VIN soon!

Alright all - first weekend in the books, and this vehicle is just incredible. I had the 2.5 hr trip home, which actually ended up grade as I felt like it gave me adequate time to really get used to the yoke, turn signals, etc.

The pickup process as seamless, and although it was raining at the time of pickup, I tried to go through most of the checklist many here have shared. Ultimately, I found none of the items on the list. I’m very OCD regarding noises, and the entire trip home I did not hear any squeaks, rattles, etc.

Lastly, the power of even the LR is absolute insanity. I’ve taken a few family members for a ride, and no one has been in anything even remotely close to this powerful when you hit that pedal. Truly an incredible machine, and if I had to choose to something to complain about, it’s that it seemed strange to me that at the pickup there was a software update available that the SC had not done. Not any big deal at all, I was just slightly surprised they didn’t have it 100% up to date.

Outside of that, this is by far the best vehicle I’ve ever owned. Took a half hour or so today and got the front license plate holder off (Indiana doesn’t require), and Wednesday it goes in for full tint. As everyone says.... well worth the wait, even as Tesla makes it so painful.

Attachments

• 5EC8C454-2B40-42C1-9453-9922D16ABC9C.jpeg
    5EC8C454-2B40-42C1-9453-9922D16ABC9C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 67
Thanks for doing that. Sure it is just my range anxiety of never owning an EV before. I am getting a supercharger installed. :)
The range anxiety is absolutely warranted considering the Model S LR is the first car with the range that it has. I don't know how fast the Tesla homecharger is, but I used my a non-Tesla home charger (used for my uncle's E-tron) and I got 37 miles of charge each hour. I imagine the tesla is faster, making your nightly refill good to go.

For what it's worth, if you do get worried I'd just use a super charger at your destination before returning. 10 minutes gets you 120-150 miles of range at a supercharger. That's just long enough to have a conversation with whatever curious person walks up to you asking everything about how terrible the yoke is. Weird that it's the first question I always get, but I love the dang thing

06/11/21 Order date
RN1151
Estimated Delivery: November 10 - November 14
White on White with 19" wheels.
Have my VIN, was told it was in transit, I've already paid for the car and they said I'll have it in that estimated timeframe.

Just wanted to let people know, I think I might be lucky but not entirely sure!
Congratulations. What are the three digits after MF in your VIN?

The range anxiety is absolutely warranted considering the Model S LR is the first car with the range that it has. I don't know how fast the Tesla homecharger is, but I used my a non-Tesla home charger (used for my uncle's E-tron) and I got 37 miles of charge each hour. I imagine the tesla is faster, making your nightly refill good to go.

For what it's worth, if you do get worried I'd just use a super charger at your destination before returning. 10 minutes gets you 120-150 miles of range at a supercharger. That's just long enough to have a conversation with whatever curious person walks up to you asking everything about how terrible the yoke is. Weird that it's the first question I always get, but I love the dang thing
I’m getting 44mph with Gen3 at 48a

Question for the group...

Saw a Plaid with a 10/21 mfg date on the door label, but the VIN was 450xx.

How can this be? Can an older car that is delayed in production, sitting outside for months perhaps, get a new door label when it is finally released?
They don't strictly produce cars in VIN order. They skip numbers and then come back and fill them in later. (Making it harder for people to guess production numbers.)

Alright all - first weekend in the books, and this vehicle is just incredible. I had the 2.5 hr trip home, which actually ended up grade as I felt like it gave me adequate time to really get used to the yoke, turn signals, etc.

The pickup process as seamless, and although it was raining at the time of pickup, I tried to go through most of the checklist many here have shared. Ultimately, I found none of the items on the list. I’m very OCD regarding noises, and the entire trip home I did not hear any squeaks, rattles, etc.

Lastly, the power of even the LR is absolute insanity. I’ve taken a few family members for a ride, and no one has been in anything even remotely close to this powerful when you hit that pedal. Truly an incredible machine, and if I had to choose to something to complain about, it’s that it seemed strange to me that at the pickup there was a software update available that the SC had not done. Not any big deal at all, I was just slightly surprised they didn’t have it 100% up to date.

Outside of that, this is by far the best vehicle I’ve ever owned. Took a half hour or so today and got the front license plate holder off (Indiana doesn’t require), and Wednesday it goes in for full tint. As everyone says.... well worth the wait, even as Tesla makes it so painful.
Congratulations! Gorgeous, gorgeous car. Hope you have many fun memories with it. I can’t wait for my Blue/ cream S LR. Nov 11- Dec 1 edd. Can’t wait!

Question for the group...

Saw a Plaid with a 10/21 mfg date on the door label, but the VIN was 450xx.

How can this be? Can an older car that is delayed in production, sitting outside for months perhaps, get a new door label when it is finally released?
10/21 could have literally been October 1st. Entirely possible.