Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not have my car yet, so I can not verify the severity of this complaint that I read on NTSHA.gov, but it does seem to be an interesting scenario and concern with respect to the horn button.... BTW, It's not slowing me down in my desire to get a VIN.

...For example, trying to signal when exiting a roundabout. In that maneuver, the yoke is nearly upside down and the buttons are backwards AND in the wrong hand

2021 TESLA MODEL S 5 HB AWD | NHTSA

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 8.54.38 AM.png

Placed my order 3/30 black LR with 21's. The date changed 3 times already and now it says Nov 1 to Nov 29.

Looks like people who ordered way after me got their VIN numbers so I'm confused.

Appreciate any help
Dang it! I was so close to the Nov 5th start of my EDD. I too see a push back on my EDD by one month again this morning! UGH! Now, I'm out to Nov 23- Dec 21. Just sucks to be me this morning.:mad::mad:

Whoomp! (There It Is)​

Hopefully someone smart can decipher when it starts :) The letter is dated a month ago. Looking at the previous two model year letter dates, it could be 1 Nov.

Welcome to MID :: provided by vPIC - MID

View attachment 727992
My only hope is now for a 2022 build.
My ED had been steady for weeks at 11/8 to 11/28, this morning it's now 11/24 to 12/22, NOT happy.
+1🤬
As I await my delivery, November 5, I started thinking those of us who placed Battery Day orders and those who placed orders for Plaid+ but decided to take a Plaid when Tesla withdrew the Plaid+ as an option should start thinking now about how we get Tesla to give us priority on orders for the Plaid+ when it is produced. I am trying to get ahead of this so that we can avoid the whining and moaning that we know will come if Tesla does not do something for those who showed confidence in Tesla while the Plaid+ was just a concept on paper.
All I can say is, good luck with that.
I’m going to miss MY2022 by a day? 😬
That is exactly my worry too. Come on, Elon, throw me a bone!😬

i ordered September 22nd, 2020 (13 months and counting!), and my delivery window is October 31 - November 28. I have zero faith in that window since it's moved so many times, and for some reason the window is getting wider instead of narrower.

Plaid / Black ext / white interior / 19" / cf.

RN11394xxxx

is there anyone on earth with a lower RN still waiting for their vehicle? it seems like people who ordered months after me, and ordered practically identical trim options, are all ahead of me in line for some reason.

And now with zero surprise I discovered today, that after waiting 13+ months and counting so far, my delivery has been pushed back again. It's now saying Estimated Delivery: November 15 - December 12.

The window is still a whole month long so I assume this will not actually happen either.

No way to know what's different in 2022 yet right? Do automakers have to submit the changes?

Tesla doesn't save up modifications to put into a new model year of a vehicle like traditional carmakers do. Tesla constantly makes little changes here and there to their cars. Literally every month there are small hardware or structural changes, most unpublicized. The model year is meaningless in terms of categorizing features.

There's likely to be zero functional difference between the last 2021 car and the first 2022 car, but significant differences between the first 2022 car and the last 2022 car. Just like every year.

Last edited:
Hey all - The google sheet with order tracking does not seem to be updated/ current.

My RN is 115145***, ordered on 06/14/2021 MSLR blue/cream/wood/21”/ FSD. I see people outside of California have started to get delivery of orders with 1152 onwards but my delivery date still says Nov 11-Dec1. Anyone else in the same boat? Misery likes company you know :/

I updated my Android device to the latest version, 4,2.3-742, Oct 12, still not seeing EDD unless I "Go to Account" via Tesla.com. 🤷‍♂️
Rather like Tesla, Google staggers Android updates. I do have Android 12 but also the Pixel phone which tends to get Android updates first. That said I'm on build #SP1A210812.015. Actually, I should add that its also on Google Fi service and so it uses native Android unlike using a different phone manufacturer or service provider.

Last edited:
Hey all - The google sheet with order tracking does not seem to be updated/ current.

My RN is 115145***, ordered on 06/14/2021 MSLR blue/cream/wood/21”/ FSD. I see people outside of California have started to get delivery of orders with 1152 onwards but my delivery date still says Nov 11-Dec1. Anyone else in the same boat? Misery likes company you know :/
I’m RN 1150 ordered on May 26 MSLR W/B/19 NO Fsd , and I’ve been sitting on dec 10-30 for 5 weeks now. :(

Looks like there is a split now for the first 3 digits. Unless i missed this already happening.

5YJ = Manufacturer: Tesla Inc., Vehicle Type: Passenger Car (Designated for Model S & Model 3)
7SA = Manufacturer: Tesla Inc., Vehicle Type: MPV (Designated for Model X & Model Y)
Interesting. What is the purpose of changing it like this, when there already exists a digit for the model?