Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks!
The two shops I talked to have vastly different prices for a full front Xpel wrap. $2950 and $1550. Not even sure what is reasonable
Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Full front seems to mean different things to different shops. Get a specific listing of the areas being covered. Also, are they doing a 1 piece front? Or are they doing seams? 1 piece looks much better because the seams hold dirt and show later.

Thanks!
The two shops I talked to have vastly different prices for a full front Xpel wrap. $2950 and $1550. Not even sure what is reasonable
I've gotten full front all my cars. Prices used to be $700 for the full front 5+ years ago. Been paying about $1,200 as of early 2020 with some negotiating. $2950 is way too expensive. My friend had his entire car wrapped for that. My definition of full front is everything on the front of the car including headlights and side mirrors.

Ok here we go it's official! 2021.40 is going live for S3XY!

I have been rolling my eyes at everyone getting VINs as they explain the day it is arriving on is so inconvenient. "I'd move heaven and earth to make it happen," I thought. Then I get a VIN today (MF - 2021) and the date range is when I am at the beach with my family for thanksgiving. I'm in Birmingham but have to pick up in Georgia. Beach is 7 hours from where the car has to be picked up. Still celebratory day though!

I have been rolling my eyes at everyone getting VINs as they explain the day it is arriving on is so inconvenient. "I'd move heaven and earth to make it happen," I thought. Then I get a VIN today (MF - 2021) and the date range is when I am at the beach with my family for thanksgiving. I'm in Birmingham but have to pick up in Georgia. Beach is 7 hours from where the car has to be picked up. Still celebratory day though!

Do you need me to go sit with your family on the beach in your place?

Maybe see if they can bring the car to you if you can plan ahead? A couple times they have brought the car to me.

Most recently it was already parked in my driveway before I had even paid for it. That was a nice surprise.

You don’t technically even need to be there. Sometimes you can accept delivery directly from your mobile app, but given the variable quality control you probably want someone who can closely inspect the car before you accept.

That's a good solid drive to break in the new S.

Maybe see if they can bring the car to you if you can plan ahead? A couple times they have brought the car to me.

Most recently it was already parked in my driveway before I had even paid for it. That was a nice surprise.

You don’t technically even need to be there. Sometimes you can accept delivery directly from your mobile app, but given the variable quality control you probably want someone who can closely inspect the car before you accept.
My dad had his S and then X delivered to our office, but it did not give me that option upon ordering. Made me pick an Atlanta Tesla Service Facility.

That's fair. :) That's why I like y'all.
Enjoy this milestone! It’s finally happening :) I have a 1151 RN number so hopefully I get my VIN sometime soon too. I was going to be 6 hours away in Palm Springs during Thanksgiving and if my car arrives during that time, I am flying over to the Bay Area, picking up the car and driving to Palm Springs.