Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if they are making updates to the 2022 model S and or X. Haven't seen a single 2022 Vin yet and no new VINs since the publication of the VIN registration.

I figured it is like the launch of the refresh back in January - they need to purge all old stock before they can release the 2022. If they make it too easy to get a 2022, nobody will buy the already built 2021's. I hate to say it, but nobody wants 2021plaid.

Exactly. As if someone buying $80k SUV needs the free $10k. Typical Washington waste.

I’d prefer that money go to fix our shitty roads.
Well, there are bigger carbon gains to be had by replacing large SUVs and trucks with EVs. So, prioritizing SUVs and trucks over sedans makes some sense. Replacing a Prius with a model 3 isn't going to do as much as replacing a suburban with a Model Y. But, we could debate the exact amount, though.

Now, if someone would like to subsidize my Plaid.... 😂

I had a dream last night about my new Tesla. I am not making this up:

Someone in a corvette tried to race me on the highway. I blew him out of the water and when I hit 123 mph, the car suddenly died and had to be towed to a shop. I pushed the car onto the flatbed myself by opening the door and rowing my hands along the sides of a car, much like a boat. Guess I am stronger in my dreams than real life. Upon arrival to the shop, I found all sorts of paint chips and graffiti on the back of the car that I forgot to inspect upon taking delivery. I was so upset at myself for not doing a good inspection. Every time I looked at the car further, I found more and more damage that I totally missed. I had a total sinking feeling. I think that is when I startled myself awake.

Am I spending too much time on this forum??? Freud help me.

So, How does Tidal sound? Does Tesla allow you to stream lossless? If not, what quality can you stream via Tidal?

Someone in a corvette tried to race me on the highway. I blew him out of the water and when I hit 123 mph, the car suddenly died and had to be towed to a shop. I pushed the car onto the flatbed myself by opening the door and rowing my hands along the sides of a car, much like a boat. Guess I am stronger in my dreams than real life. Upon arrival to the shop, I found all sorts of paint chips and graffiti on the back of the car that I forgot to inspect upon taking delivery. I was so upset at myself for not doing a good inspection. Every time I looked at the car further, I found more and more damage that I totally missed. I had a total sinking feeling. I think that is when I startled myself awake.

You are experiencing FOS. Forum Overload Syndrome. But it sounds like you sleep well.

Whereas I agree that you don’t need help if you can afford a $100k car, the concept of the bill isn’t supposed to help you buy a car you’d otherwise not afford, or not want to spend on.

The concept is to incentivize you to purchase an EV as opposed to a non-EV. It’s been marketed as helping people to afford more than they would, which has conflated its original purpose, which in turn has lead to optics requiring that “rich person cars” are excluded. Ironically, those with greater disposable income are more likely to purchase more cars more often, and if the end goal is more EVs on the road, this is counterintuitive to the intended purpose.

But again, politics are mostly about optics, not about the actual cause.

This is not about affordability. I have ordered the X Long Range also and waiting for it to be delivered next year April/ May in addition to my SLR expected in a few weeks. This is about compounding tax effect. I cannot believe anyone on this forum will turn down $8-$10k in cash. I can invest it or do anything else with it, why penalize me for making more than these income limits? I pay more than my fair share of taxes, so why here also? It’s all about politics and optics.

Regarding the bastard lot, my May build car had its air suspension repaired, so perhaps it was sitting in the Fremont lot waiting on parts. 🤔🤔

When the new colors are announced, I may order a Model X. I probably should have done so in the first place. I only ordered the MS so I could post here. I don’t have much going on IRL. 😢 It’s probably why I was offered an old car.

I think your dream was an important sign...for you to cancel your order in attempts to retain your sanity.

just kidding. glad you woke up.

I think this is a sign that 4SUPER9 is the Kwisatz Haderach, and this is his way of seeing the future.

In which case we should all cancel our orders. (Don't worry, Tesla will figure out what to do with them).

You are experiencing FOS. Forum Overload Syndrome. But it sounds like you sleep well.
Sleeping very well, thank you!

6BAA473F-D6A9-4CE1-AED7-0B1DCBC3CBFE.png

Last edited:

This was the best thing I've read all week, thank you for the laugh. I love how you used your arms to row the car up the flatbed, like you were in some childhood toy car.

Was it a c8 Corvette? Because those are as hard to get at this damn Tesla.