Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone on this thread knows how atrocious Tesla‘s communication/information is. But let me contrast that with Mercedes.

We ordered an EQS in the summer for my wife. We were told it might be two years before delivery.

About a month ago we were told the car was in production.

Today we were told the car is ready for shipment. When the car is shipped it will be about 3 weeks before it will be delivered.

We will be informed when the car is shipped.

it looks like Mercedes under promised and will over deliver. We have been informed on status all along the way. Why can’t Tesla do the same?

I still love my MS. But I’m still puzzled that a company that builds a great car is so damn bad on the business side.

Because Tesla is run by engineers who just want to make cool stuff and not have to deal with the business or process side of things. They really need to get their *sugar* together or this is definitely my last purchase from them. There are going to be way too many competitors over the next few years to have to deal with this.

Looking for some advice for folks who have been down this road before... We ordered a LR in July, RN:153 MSM/Black/19s no FSD. Our current EDD is November 6-15, which shrank from November 2-15 yesterday. No VIN. We're trying to avoid unnecessary hard checks on our credit, so I don't have a loan set up for the car yet. My worry is that I'll secure a loan, get checked, then the S won't show up for some ungodly amount of time and I'll have to take another hard check on my credit. Should I wait for a VIN to set-up the loan? Or is my account sitting without lender information harming my chances of actually getting matched with a VIN? Tesla tells me I'm fine to go ahead and get a loan I'll def have a car within 30 days, buttttttt...... I also think the nice guy in the call center just wanted me off the phone, lol.
switch to cash if you haven't done so yet. once you get a VIN call your SA and switch to financing. you have to have a completed profile, but don't take the credit hits until you have to.

background please

NYT
"But NASA has been unable to work on the program with SpaceX for the duration of Blue Origin’s legal challenges, which may delay the return to the moon."

I guess Bozo did not like that Musk got the lunar lander contract and sued to block. Try performing; it yields better results.

Last edited:
I still have a hole to fill (old 240v receptacle) but I did a thing last night. Just have to buy some clips to brace the wire and tidy it up. Get the car back from PPF after work!

248F7BCF-D5A4-4C39-B693-5342E4A91D06.jpeg

I don’t know for sure, but I interpreted it as they would reassign VINs to cars that were in process of being built it just made it off the line.

Either way, I think you are right. We didn't have one new VIN reported this week. They have not been assigning VINs over the weekend. That likely means either this coming Monday or the Monday after we see a bunch.

I still have a hole to fill (old 240v receptacle) but I did a thing last night. Just have to buy some clips to brace the wire and tidy it up. Get the car back from PPF after work!

View attachment 729556
Is that an Ego snow blower I see? I've got several of their chainsaws, leaf blower, weed whacker, and the snow blower. Great products 👍

One more sleep until delivery. Several appointments to view my S85D today, hopefully will sell it very soon. 🤞

Please be aware that the highway EPA range is much less than EPA combined for the Plaid with 21's. Perhaps as much as 20% less.

And, said consumption is for a speed less than 70mph.

I'd say 300 miles range is pretty good. Still better than a Taycant at the same speed.
Yes, of course. Like I said, I did approx 90% highway & 10% city and came home with 100 mi. left after driving just over 200 mi. I usually drive 78mph or less on the highway...and yesterday was typical for my "longer trip" days...highway for an hour, get off the highway and drive to my customer's home...and repeat a couple more times before driving back home. I had a couple "spirited driving" moments too of course. ;)

I ordered a Red/White Plaid back in May. My delivery date was June 20th-30th, then kept getting pushed back a month every month. It’s now showing January 15th to February 15th. How can this be right? I’ve seen people order after me and get their cars. Are they not making red ones or something?
Dagger - white interior. Did you also order with carbon fiber? I would expect it before those dates, but not immediately.

I ordered a Red/White Plaid back in May. My delivery date was June 20th-30th, then kept getting pushed back a month every month. It’s now showing January 15th to February 15th. How can this be right? I’ve seen people order after me and get their cars. Are they not making red ones or something?
That usually means that you will be getting a VIN soon. For some reason the pre-VIN stage often shows your EDD pushed back a lot.