Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@2021plaid 9001 now, thanks for your contribution!

And for that, this….

View attachment 729848
9,002(3)+. ;)

Awww I'm so touched with the crickets!

58197152.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: impastu and jebinc
Will Christmas arrive before Thanksgiving this year?! My EDD is Nov 11-Dec 1, RN 115145, MSLR Blue/ Cream/ 21”/wood/FSD. Service Advisor told me today that in their system, expected build date is Nov 22nd (pushed back from Nov 17). So he says end of Nov seems possible, maybe a tad earlier if I am lucky. So those of you who are tracking which color Teslas are getting delivered faster etc., do you think there is a chance I may get my Christmas present before Thanksgiving? Trying to plan a trip to Palm Springs for Thanksgiving.
mine one today shift from 11/4-24 to 11/8-12/1. MSLR RED/BLACK 19'', RN 1149. My SA doesn't pick my phone or respond to any email :mad:

I wonder if my car had the same issue, finally got it today after waiting two weeks for them to fix something, they wouldn’t tell me. Hang in there, I know it suck’s beyond belief. If it wasn’t for the $12,600 price difference, I honestly would have passed on the car, and ordered a 2022.
Yes it’s possible. She told a few other cars had the same problem. One had the problem the day after delivery. Known problem and a bit common it seems.

I have a friend with a Model3 that also had that problem this past summer as well.

yes. Plaid makes a difference. Trim level wise it's more money, but obviously a whole lot less of the overall pool of reservations. They've probably gotten through almost all the backlog of the Plaid by now, but LR still has a much larger backlog. how many times can I say backlog. lol.

BTW. this is the closest I've ever been to the start of an EDD window. Let's see on Tuesday if it pushes back lol...
I beg to differ. I ordered Plaid on Jan 28 and still haven’t received my car. EDD is this month but still no VIN.

Hey guys

New here (not to Tesla, just to the forum).

Last week I was finally assigned a VIN for my Plaid, which was ordered in February (RN1144). Current EDD is Nov 16-22, which was recently moved up from Nov 11 - Dec 10.

From your experience, should I be getting my Plaid this month? If not, how long thereafter would you say?
Yes, you should so long as the delivery center doesn't find anything wrong with your car, or it's not held up in transport for some reason. You might find your window narrows a little. I received an email asking me to schedule delivery 5 days after I receivied my VIN. Good luck!

Hey guys

New here (not to Tesla, just to the forum).

Last week I was finally assigned a VIN for my Plaid, which was ordered in February (RN1144). Current EDD is Nov 16-22, which was recently moved up from Nov 11 - Dec 10.

From your experience, should I be getting my Plaid this month? If not, how long thereafter would you say?
You ordered a futuristic car, and your car will arrive in the future, that’s all we know. There’s no definitive answer. An assigned VIN is all we live by, until then, Tesla will just give out approximations based current flow from the factory, logistics, region, etc.
many here have had multiple EDD’s, some got their car out of the blue. Hang in there

Went to have a look at my car at the SC this morning. I noticed there is no PPF in front of the left rear wheel but it is there on the right side.

Any idea what happened? Can they have really put PPF on one side only??
should be on both sides, but you're better off getting aftermarket PPF on entire car. If not, have them fix the side where it's missing and add mud flaps