Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I called my local service center to inquire about what tires are being delivered. In their system it shows the summer tire under my account but SA wasn't sure if that's just the default for all or not. I'm concerned about going to pick up my car in dead of a Chicago winter with summer tires... They were saying some are coming with all season and some with summer tires at my center. Pretty frustrated that I can't simply get all season tires delivered. I have no interest in swapping

Stop thinking about it. It’ll drive you mad
Lol it wont drive me mad, after all that waiting i wants to wait now for 2022 vin. Happy to see that someone after long time in seattle area got VIN, so far two people got in washington state in this month and both are 454, one got delivery on 5th November.

Took delivery of my new car yesterday, thankfully only a few minor issues detected so far: left trunk slightly out of alignment, some strange frunk gasket fit issues on one side. No yoke vein, no seat wrinkles, glass distortions or other problems others have had.

Should I learn to live with the trunk alignment or get a service appointment for it?

Haven't driven much yet, steering with the yoke hasn't been a problem so far but can see how engaging the turn signals in a roundabout or pressing the horn in a panic situation could be a problem.

Any frustrations during my 5 month wait have been quickly forgotten now that I have the car. Huge improvement in interior quality, handling, and noise reduction when compared to my 2015 S85D.

Attachments

• left tail light.jpg
    left tail light.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 89
  • far right view.jpg
    far right view.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 70
So I called my local service center to inquire about what tires are being delivered. In their system it shows the summer tire under my account but SA wasn't sure if that's just the default for all or not. I'm concerned about going to pick up my car in dead of a Chicago winter with summer tires... They were saying some are coming with all season and some with summer tires at my center. Pretty frustrated that I can't simply get all season tires delivered. I have no interest in swapping
For the ride home, summer tires can handle your cold winters if the roads are clear. If they do come with the “summer“ set up just get your favorite “winter” tires and nice new lighter wheels. Doesn’t everyone in Chicago have two sets of tires and wheels?

Yeah RN1153; we ordered July 18th.
This gives me some hope that I may get my car before the new year. I ordered July 17 - RN1153. MSLR, Black/Black, 21” Arachnids, FSD. Current EDD is 11/30 - 12/20 and it hasn’t changed for a couple of months. Fingers crossed I get this thing before the luxury car tax kicks in the new year here in Canada.

For the ride home, summer tires can handle your cold winters if the roads are clear. If they do come with the “summer“ set up just get your favorite “winter” tires and nice new lighter wheels. Doesn’t everyone in Chicago have two sets of tires and wheels?
I haven't needed to have winter tires on any of my cars and never had a single issue. Wife's model Y also is just fine with all season tires. Guess I'll have to figure it out as I take delivery. Driving straight to ppf shop so would give me a week to figure it out

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I haven't needed to have winter tires on any of my cars and never had a single issue. Wife's model Y also is just fine with all season tires. Guess I'll have to figure it out as I take delivery. Driving straight to ppf shop so would give me a week to figure it out

Here is a thread on this one.