Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is with great pride that i am announcing my resignation as the owner/operator of the "Leo hates me club". MY BABY IS HERE AND SHE IS ALL MINE!

Thank you guys for helping me get through these last be TEN MONTHS AND ONE DAY. It's been a long, arduous, painful wait. The car is perfect. My detailer is having his way with her right now, but he did tell me the paint looks good. I've seen no flaws save for the weird thing at the top of the "manual shifter" which makes it look like there's a clear tape but there isn't.

She drives like a dream and accelerates like a beast. I did get to drive Bill's plaid... Nothing hits as hard as that, but this is more than enough power for day to day.

I am offering ownership of the club to anyone who had waited more than 4 months. Please turn in applications.

I'll send another picture of the model s once she is tinted tomorrow.
View attachment 730692
WHHOOOOOOOOOOO CONGRATULATIONS DUDE! So glad to see you finally got it!

It is with great pride that i am announcing my resignation as the owner/operator of the "Leo hates me club". MY BABY IS HERE AND SHE IS ALL MINE!

Thank you guys for helping me get through these last be TEN MONTHS AND ONE DAY. It's been a long, arduous, painful wait. The car is perfect. My detailer is having his way with her right now, but he did tell me the paint looks good. I've seen no flaws save for the weird thing at the top of the "manual shifter" which makes it look like there's a clear tape but there isn't.

She drives like a dream and accelerates like a beast. I did get to drive Bill's plaid... Nothing hits as hard as that, but this is more than enough power for day to day.

I am offering ownership of the club to anyone who had waited more than 4 months. Please turn in applications.

View attachment 730692

I looked it up, I think the new LR is faster than the original P85D!

View attachment 730692
Welcome to the Woody Hates You Club !

Congratulations...almost same build configuration. I can't wait.

I heard that same thing in September when it locked into December. I hope you're right. I've been in Sale/Marketing/Supply Chain for some of the largest CE and CE Retailers in the world. I'm just having a hard time understanding how Tesla can't have a better line of sight into their Supply Chain. I understand the global pandemic has adjusted some things. But a manufaturing company that litterally is only selling things that have been customer ordered for almost 6 months can't lock into a delivery date far sooner. The most puzzeling part is that it is not consistent. They know exactly what has been ordered in each configuration, if they are missing a part (wheel covers, interior parts, paint color, etc..) it should impact all customers in that pool similarly. It is not.

For quite some time I believed it was my delivery location (Minneapolis MN), there really aren't that many Tesla's on the road here and I was willing to write it off as a shipping issue where they were waiting for full rail cars or something. But then on Saturday I saw a MSM LR at my local Target, it was the first "refresh" MS I've seen in MN on the road. The eTron GT keeps looking better and better. I won't cancel my order since it's worth more than I'll pay for it. However, I'm really getting sick of waiting for the seemingly neverending moving goal post.

I am a 1150 May order with your exact config. Picking up in Maplewood. I went from Oct to all around the place, then Feb-March like you... then back to a 2 week windows in Dec. So we'll see. Some of my previous posts echo your comments. As a first time Tesla buyer it's crazy on the lack of planning and communication.

Oh wayyy faster! About the same maybe from 0 mph, but the new MS is a 130mph trap car! Basically as fast as a full on M5 CS, and faster in trap speed than any Performance Tesla before the Plaid.
Wow, that is a strange result. Slow 0-60, but about as fast a P100D in the quarter mile. I guess since it is the same battery as the plaid, they have no trouble pulling big kW from the battery. It doesn't have as much torque, since it only has two motors, but it probably holds that torque constant like a table top, while the kW (HP) keeps climbing. Crazy. The LR was a great deal when it was only $80k!

Wow, that is a strange result. Slow 0-60, but about as fast a P100D in the quarter mile. I guess since it is the same battery as the plaid, they have no trouble pulling big kW from the battery. It doesn't have as much torque, since it only has two motors, but it probably holds that torque constant like a table top, while the kW (HP) keeps climbing. Crazy. The LR was a great deal when it was only $80k!
Yeah the MS seems to have the nearly lossless power curve of the Plaid. Here's a great look at the power curve of the MS:

MS:
VS.
Performance Raven MS for example:
The LR is limited though until around 40 mph (the reason for the bad 60 ft times), so that's why it's slower 0-60. Probably could do it in 2.7 if Tesla unlocked it.

View attachment 730692
Congrats! About time!

Yeah the MS seems to have the nearly lossless power curve of the Plaid. Here's a great look at the power curve of the MS:

MS:
VS.
Performance Raven MS for example:
The LR is limited though until around 40 mph (the reason for the bad 60 ft times), so that's why it's slower 0-60. Probably could do it in 2.7 if Tesla unlocked it.

That's insane! Yeah, it looks like it is motor amps limited until 40 mph. That is, they have plenty more power available from the battery, but they can't put more current into the motors without cooking them. Once the motors spin faster, they maintain the same motor current, but produce much more HP, since motor current is approximately equal to motor torque and torque * RPM = HP. Very cool.

That's insane! Yeah, it looks like it is motor amps limited until 40 mph. That is, they have plenty more power available from the battery, but they can't put more current into the motors without cooking them. Once the motors spin faster, they maintain the same motor current, but produce much more HP, since motor current is approximately equal to motor torque and torque * RPM = HP. Very cool.
Exactly. I think it is partly a mechanical restriction, and also a limiter in place from Tesla in order to distance the Plaid and MS in performance. Performance car people know that 0-60 means little but the media and market often don't, so they separate them.

Last edited: