Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I feel sheepish.

I figured out my autopilot issue. Please don't laugh. I THOUGHT the autopilot button was on the yoke as a capacitive touch button like everything else...and i kept mashing on it. NOPE! its the scroll wheel that needs to be clicked on to activate it. ummmm...whoops!

anywho...she's tinted and here she is!
PXL_20211109_165638374_2.jpg
PXL_20211109_165615665.jpg

So I feel sheepish.

I figured out my autopilot issue. Please don't laugh. I THOUGHT the autopilot button was on the yoke as a capacitive touch button like everything else...and i kept mashing on it. NOPE! its the scroll wheel that needs to be clicked on to activate it. ummmm...whoops!

anywho...she's tinted and here she is! View attachment 731148View attachment 731147
Looking so good. I really do love that color on the MS. Not a fan on the 3/Y, but man on the MS it looks so good.

So I feel sheepish.

anywho...she's tinted and here she is! View attachment 731148View attachment 731147
Looks Awesome! I have the same build MSM/21's. Now I'm even more anxious!
Can you share details on the tint? Thanks!

While we are all aware of most of the features on the S that got lost along the way, Tesla isn't the only one making those kind of hard decisions:

While we are all aware of most of the features on the S that got lost along the way, Tesla isn't the only one making those kind of hard decisions:

Woah wut? Tesla's not the devil? How DARE you point that out lol! 🤣

And to be real, other OEMs' removals are wayyy worse. BMW is losing touchscreen functions, Cadillac lost power sidesteps and Supercruise for the Escalade, etc... Tesla is thriving even during these horrible issues.😁

Looks Awesome! I have the same build MSM/21's. Now I'm even more anxious!
Can you share details on the tint? Thanks!
Sure! It's 20% tint all the way around. In florida, it is technically illegal, but being a local ER doc, I usually get leniency if pulled over. Not terribly concerned with it.

Woah wut? Tesla's not the devil? How DARE you point that out lol! 🤣

And to be real, other OEMs' removals are wayyy worse. BMW is losing touchscreen functions, Cadillac lost power sidesteps and Supercruise for the Escalade, etc... Tesla is thriving even during these horrible issues.😁

Huge difference:

They are actually telling people vs sneakily removing off the website that it's been advertised on for months after a random, unaddressed 6 month delay.

Huge difference:

They are actually telling people vs sneakily removing off the website that it's been advertised on for months after a random, unaddressed 6 month delay.
Definitely give BMW and others credit for being up front on the shortages. Always best to overcommunicate, which equates to a lot better customer expectations.

I get the whole "you got 100 miles to report defects", but wouldn't that apply only to specific items that could potentially be attributed to the owner? For example, a tear in the upholstery, or a paint chip. If there is a defect in a window (warping, not a crack), or anything else that clearly would be from a manufacturing issue, not usage, that should be a warranty concern, and therefore have no such limitation.
A scratch in the paint, dent in the body, tear in the seat, whatever...could have happened at the factory, during transport, at the delivery center...or by the customer. Normally you inspect for these things at delivery and note them before you drive off but they delivered it to my house so the 100 mi window is quite generous IMO.

If these guys put out a car I could actually buy in the next 6 months with a range of 350 miles I'd just go that direction. Tesla is really pissing me off.
Here you go! Great option. 350 miles of range, and good price too; close to the MS. Quite efficient as well.😄

Here you go! Great option. 350 miles of range, and good price too; close to the MS. Quite efficient as well.😄

and uglier than hunger.

That saying works better in spanish, but i stand by it.

How dare you even insinuate I buy that ugly POS! Also the huge infotainment system is a legacy dog turd with lipstick

How dare you even insinuate I buy that ugly POS! Also the huge infotainment system is a legacy dog turd with lipstick
Woah ok dude sorry. Thought you wanted options. Damn why the downvote?! Well there is the upcoming EQE, and the very cool BMW i4! Great performance outta that one!

Woah ok dude sorry. Thought you wanted options. Damn why the downvote?! Well there is the upcoming EQE, and the very cool BMW i4! Great performance outta that one!

Why don't you just send me a link to the Chevrolet bolt, specifically one built before this year so maybe it'll blow up while I'm inside and it can put me out of my misery!