Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read somewhere that 455 built on November 2 and 454 is last week of October.

HOLY ****!!!! 19" Model S and X Dual Motors are out to March 2023!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Says November 2022 for me but nevertheless that'd be insane. There's no chance.

EDIT: the model X with the basic wheels says March 2023.

Do you guys think this is an attempt to force people to buy Plaid which you can get right now according to the website?

Last edited:
Either way, makes you think twice about passing on a MF right? No guarantees w/ Tesla and if you skip your place in line you might be waiting a few months.

(That's what I'm telling myself, so I can get over Tesla AGAIN saddling me with a in-year VIN with a month left in the year.)

Yeah I don't trust them at all. Could see them completely adjusting everything right after the new year. IDK would be a risky move to tell customers their cars wouldn't be ready for 18 months.

Also, expect another $5k increase in price soon.

IF these estimates are real, then that whole chip and supply shortage thing is going to F the world next year far worse than it has this year.

How in the hell can they not make the base model x until March 2023? That's just ridiculous.

Last edited:
honestly i freaked out when I got to that part but after finishing the next 3 pages of the narrative forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me. WHAT THE ****!¿! How could they be so irresponsible to let a literal bomb fall into your lap. That absolutely disgusts me, one of the worst service related things ive seen out of Tesla. Worse than the roof flying off of a new car. I mean seriously that was a live airbag. When im working on a car I won't even touch one of those things until the 12v circuit has been powered down for 10 minutes. Thank god nothing happened. I hope someone is given hell over that incident.
I wasn't at home for the mobile service but my wife was. She recalled telling the technician the airbag looked like it stuck out more than she remembered, but he said it is correct and she forgot to mention it to me. I'm just glad he didn't work on my brakes. 😂

D6D6E2F6-7F56-4E3C-B3F2-FE50EFF41DF4.jpeg
If someone's interested in taking delivery of model S plaid, white interior, and 21 inch rims within a month let me know.

I never received a text or email until after receiving my Vin. 8 days after receiving my vin I got my first text and email to schedule delivery.
I received a text well over a month ago, confirming my home delivery that was estimated around Oct 17. Then, my EDD changed to Nov 10-Dec 8 and nothing since. I have his number, so I will text him if no update in the next day or so.

honestly i freaked out when I got to that part but after finishing the next 3 pages of the narrative forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me. WHAT THE ****!¿! How could they be so irresponsible to let a literal bomb fall into your lap. That absolutely disgusts me, one of the worst service related things ive seen out of Tesla. Worse than the roof flying off of a new car. I mean seriously that was a live airbag. When im working on a car I won't even touch one of those things until the 12v circuit has been powered down for 10 minutes. Thank god nothing happened. I hope someone is given hell over that incident.
You sit in front of a live airbag every day, why the hysterics? A roof flying off a car can kill passengers in a car or a motorcycle behind it. An airbag won’t be triggered by falling in your lap even if the g sensors are in it. You can’t tell me you’ve ever seen one accidentally triggered.

I placed an order for Model S LR with standard 19" wheel in March 2021. at the time of ordering, it was showing a delivery date of Oct 2021. I have not received a single update about the status and after couple of emails requesting the status, they replied by email that its estimated to be March/April 2023. That is 6 months delay and 13 months wait from time of ordering. Now I doubt if that date is also achievable, as new orders have delivery date of 2023.
During this time, there was 3 prices increases ($5000X3=$15000), Now, I am also doubting if I will get my original price without the increment.
Is this legal? Shouldn't there be some compensation of the delays?

I placed an order for Model S LR with standard 19" wheel in March 2021. at the time of ordering, it was showing a delivery date of Oct 2021. I have not received a single update about the status and after couple of emails requesting the status, they replied by email that its estimated to be March/April 2023. That is 6 months delay and 13 months wait from time of ordering. Now I doubt if that date is also achievable, as new orders have delivery date of 2023.
During this time, there was 3 prices increases ($5000X3=$15000), Now, I am also doubting if I will get my original price without the increment.
Is this legal? Shouldn't there be some compensation of the delays?
Bro they can't just up prices on ya if you agreed to one! If you read your purchase agreement, you will see that you locked in your price. It will not go up, UNLESS you make some type of change (paint color, model, etc...). The price stays the same if new prices go up, and if new order prices go down, your price then goes down. Best of both worlds. The dates are anyone's guess, but the pricing is for certain.:)

Bro they can't just up prices on ya if you agreed to one! If you read your purchase agreement, you will see that you locked in your price. It will not go up, UNLESS you make some type of change (paint color, model, etc...). The price stays the same if new prices go up, and if new order prices go down, your price then goes down. Best of both worlds. The dates are anyone's guess, but the pricing is for certain.:)
Thanks my dear for that information, its a real relive that my price is locked. I probably missed reading the fine prints. I just have to deal with delays in delivery. Actually, it makes a big difference since I was planning to sell my 2019 Cayenne and use the amount to pay for the Model S, a delay of 2 years, would depreciate the value of my Cayenne and I have to put more money to cover the cost of Tesla. Hopefully, with the new plants in Germany they will speed up things.

Thanks my dear for that information, its a real relive that my price is locked. I probably missed reading the fine prints. I just have to deal with delays in delivery. Actually, it makes a big difference since I was planning to sell my 2019 Cayenne and use the amount to pay for the Model S, a delay of 2 years, would depreciate the value of my Cayenne and I have to put more money to cover the cost of Tesla. Hopefully, with the new plants in Germany they will speed up things.
Yeah I'm hoping too! S and X are made at Fremont in CA, but Giga Berlin-Brandenburg and GigaAustin will be coming online soon, and hopefully will start relieving pressure off of Fremont to make Y, which will probably give them more breathing room to work on S and X. Elon did say at the 2021 Annual Shareholders Meeting that Fremont is not done yet, and they are expanding operations by 50%.

Reactions: jebinc
Wonder if that date is just a typo / poor coding. Would be insane to be 18 months out for deliveries.
I hope so, but the November 2022 estimates are too specific IMO to be a mistake. Like I said earlier, there's no way it will take them 18 months to clear what, the remaining 10,000 to 35,000 orders? Nah, I think this is the new Tesla price increase, just in a different format to stop orders.

Reactions: Cyb_ and jebinc
I hope so, but the November 2022 estimates are too specific IMO to be a mistake. Like I said earlier, there's no way it will take them 18 months to clear what, the remaining 10,000 to 35,000 orders? Nah, I think this is the new Tesla price increase, just in a different format to stop orders.
The only large push could be if they dedicate a quarter to overseas builds. About all I could make of that.

Then again, someone could place an order today, says November of <insert whatever year here> and then take delivery in two weeks. Because, Tesla.

HOLY ****!!!! 19" Model S and X Dual Motors are out to March 2023!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is likely not really due to shortages, but to high demand. But not demand in the number of orders I think. Tesla may be putting these dates on the site in order to deter more orders, not necessarily as an indication of current orders.

Alright, got a 2023 date. It is only for the white / black / 19s. Once you make a configuration change, it goes to November 2022.

Some analysis would indicate that the white exterior paint, 19" wheels or black interior is the hold up triggering the 2023 date. However, the fact that I can:
  • Build a white exterior with 21s for November 2022 when a white exterior with 19s says March 2023 tells me the white paint is not an issue.
  • Or build a black exterior with 19s for November 2022 when a white exterior with 19s says March 2023 tells me the 19s are not an issue.
  • All four instances have a black interior meaning again, that is not the hold up.

Thus leading me to think it is a bug.

But what do I know. I just spent four hours knees deep in a Raspberry Pi getting software to play nicely with NAS shares.