Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery last Friday, November 5. It went immediately to the detail shop for PPF, window tint and ceramic coating. I went with a full wrap of Suntek Reaction, 20% Expel Prime on all side windows as well as the rear, 70% Spectra Photosync on the windshield, and ceramic coating of all exterior glass and the wheels. The shop ceramic coated the inside and outside of the wheels as the tires were not yet mounted to the wheels. The shop also PPF'd the door sills - front and rear. We also went with a double layer of Suntek Reaction in front of the rear wheels. After getting the car back from the detailer, I had the Signature Wheels I ordered from Jamie installed, SV309. I used a different detail shop from my previous Teslas and am really happy with this work:
What shop did you use? It looks great - enjoy the ride

What shop did you use? It looks great - enjoy the ride

I used Auto SuperShield right there by you in Boca Raton: Auto SuperShield I worked with Rob. It was a very good experience working with them. They are very competitive with their pricing (I did shop around) and an authorized dealer for all that they install, Suntek, Expel (PPF and Tint), and Spectro Photosync.

We have a Model X Plaid on order that we won't be seeing for months. My wife was thinking about putting a vinyl wrap on it but after talking with Rob I think we are convinced that we will be going with his shop to install the Stek colored PPF - Miami-blue: Stek Miami-blue

I used Auto SuperShield right there by you in Boca Raton: Auto SuperShield I worked with Rob. It was a very good experience working with them. They are very competitive with their pricing (I did shop around) and an authorized dealer for all that they install, Suntek, Expel (PPF and Tint), and Spectro Photosync.

We have a Model X Plaid on order that we won't be seeing for months. My wife was thinking about putting a vinyl wrap on it but after talking with Rob I think we are convinced that we will be going with his shop to install the Stek colored PPF - Miami-blue: Stek Miami-blue
I used them for my last two, they are good and will probably be back

So, is the 2022 the same as the last outgoing 2021? Anything different, besides the VIN?
I don’t know of any changes. Some buyers were hoping for new headlights. I think the new castings and batteries are further out in the future. I don’t pay much attention to the MY or M3 forums. All the cool kids hang out here.

I just received a text to take delivery of my 2022 Model Y. I was sent a link with various options, including Thanksgiving Day. I’m excited! Winner, Winner, Turkey Dinner!!! 😆
@Ormond Congrats, bro! What's our current working theory on why no 2022 MS cars getting delivered?? Are we thinking they're still trying to get rid of those from the B^stard lot?? After all the **sugar** I've through, I'm really hoping I won't have to take a MF433 VIN. I'll have to reject that puppy!

@Ormond Congrats, bro! What's our current working theory on why no 2022 MS cars getting delivered?? Are we thinking they're still trying to get rid of those from the B^stard lot?? After all the **sugar** I've through, I'm really hoping I won't have to take a MF433 VIN. I'll have to reject that puppy!
Thank you! I’m clueless about the MS.

Oh that blue. My 35 year steak of white cars may be coming to an end.

Yeah this is something I've wondered about myself....I agree with you where they are likely trying to clear out the last 2021s. But additionally, I'm thinking/hoping there will be some changes for '22. An interesting detail I was just pondering actually was that as there have been no NF VINs for the MS yet, this means that range for the '22 models has not been published yet. This just happened with the X, 3, and Y, and the ranges went through many changes. Also, no EPA docs are available for the '22 year either.
SO, what that could mean is there may be some range increases coming. Here's the thing: AFAIK, unless Tesla renames a model and "creates a new one", the next model year is the one time they can change the range and get it rated by the EPA. The EPA treats it as a one time deal. Now, if there was an increase, this does not mean all MF cars are screwed; only that the NF cars have the official rating. But if Tesla doesn't modify HW, then they can OTA that increase as well. The first time we'd see it though would be in the switch to '22. Definitely something I'm keeping an eye on, and hopefully we'll have the answer soon.

Same for me ... looks like mine might change like yours tomorrow.
I called up Glendale delivery center on last Thursday.. they said they can see some aditional info in their system..that the VIN will be assigned on 17th and will go in production on 20th (I don't rely him though) and I am expecting another push sometime on Monday.

But because yours is plaid.. they make more money on that model.. so they may not move your date.. 🤞

My EDD updates seems to come in on Saturday’s. 3rd time. Congratulations to all who got VINs this week.

I went from Nov12-26 to FEB 1-March 1 🙄 2nd time I get a 2022 date.

Maybe if I plan a trip over the holidays the gods might send a vehicle for that time frame.
Also from TX - mine moved from Dec 16–31 (where it held for six weeks) to March. Not good.