Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It won’t change until the motivation and incentive changes. Currently accuracy is no motivation at all, and the incentive is clicks($).

And yes, I agree, there are definitely Youtubers acting more the part of true journalists than most so-called journalists. And yes again, it would take about 5 seconds of speaking with Avi from Unplugged Performance (or someone like him)to get a sense of just how different the S really is. He’s a nice dude and I’m sure would be quite happy to speak with a reputable journalist for 5 minutes about this subject. But nope, just make a video, say some sh*t, get some clicks, and then watch FB and whatever else fill up with dumb-ass remarks referencing the video as the gospel.

Using the parlance of our times, I can’t even.
But see that's the problem! They already accomplish the clicky titles; just do some research! It really comes across careless and like they don't give a crap about providing good, accurate info. It's like they don't think people take their own product seriously enough to fill it with good info that could aid buyers.

Early to bed, early to rise….

View attachment 733105
I know it’s late on Sunday and we are all going to bed early so we may welcome the work week with energy and enthusiasm, but I have to ask. How many of us have or are going to put down the $50,000.00 to reserve a Roadster? I can’t believe that I’m actually thinking about it. I believe it must be the ”Plaid Syndrome“ that has gotten to me. Just curious what everyone else is thinking.

I know it’s late on Sunday and we are all going to bed early so we may welcome the work week with energy and enthusiasm, but I have to ask. How many of us have or are going to put down the $50,000.00 to reserve a Roadster? I can’t believe that I’m actually thinking about it. I believe it must be the ”Plaid Syndrome“ that has gotten to me. Just curious what everyone else is thinking.
Oh hell yeah that's the spirit! I'm really excited for it. 😁

Thank you! 🙏🏽 Agree! I followed @BruinIvy ’s advice and put my Model YLR order released! Hopefully I get a VIN assigned shortly. The issue is both my YLR and SLR are in blue lol so I need a wrap for one of them. Coincidentally my SLR is exactly configured as yours. Blue/cream/21” plus I also have the FSD, assuming you do too :)
What color interior?? White???!! That would look stunning. Plus stealth wrap would also drastically change the appearance.

Well, Someone on my street just got a plaid. Understand why you are thinking about the Roadster 2

Nose Cone cool only goes so far, after all.

I'm having Lucid dreams recently...

But see that's the problem! They already accomplish the clicky titles; just do some research! It really comes across careless and like they don't give a crap about providing good, accurate info. It's like they don't think people take their own product seriously enough to fill it with good info that could aid buyers.
Although we will likely be told to get a room again 😉, I fully agree with you.

This is a fairly recent phenomenon. As in the last, 30-40 years. I’m a very big motorcycle addict and I can remember as a young child reading Cycle, Cycle World, Cycle News and other rags. The level of detail about what each bike had, changed, updated, etc was incredible. This was the same for older car rags as well, no different. Now it’s so surface, so trivial, and often, so incorrect, I simply gave up on them. When I read them, typically there are at least 1-2 stated facts, stats, or specs completely incorrect. Do they correct themselves later? Nope. Even sites like Jalopnik, that pride themselves on real journalism, are so incredibly biased that, other than humor, it’s practically worthless.

This rant is totally about the delivery of my Plaid, BTW.

Nope. I’ll buy a Roadster, for sure. But I do not give out $50k interest free loans. Even the IRS pays interest.

Which trim lol? And service appointment on your nose cone S?

The middle trim, trying not to think about it.

But if I can't get my nose cone car fixed, it's 30 min to the Lucid studio.

Refundable deposit, like Tesla used to have, (cough)

A Roadster owner and owner of three other Tesla's gave me some compelling reasons for why he has a Lucid on order.

His delivery will be in less than a year from order. To sorta keep things on topic...

The middle trim, trying not to think about it.

But if I can't get my nose cone car fixed, it's 30 min to the Lucid studio.

A Roadster owner and owner of three other Tesla's gave me some compelling reasons for why he has a Lucid on order.

His delivery will be in less than a year from order. To sorta keep things on topic...
Grand Touring? I heard that Tom Moloughney from InsideevsUS was headed to Casa Grande to pick up an Air for testing this week. I'm very interested to see real world range and of course, the charging speed/curve.

And you still have the MS DM order in, so there's that too right?

Grand Touring? I heard that Tom Moloughney from InsideevsUS was headed to Casa Grande to pick up an Air for testing this week. I'm very interested to see real world range and of course, charging.

And you still have the MS DM order in, so there's that too right?

Yes, and glad I saved 5k, although not the 18k I would have saved with my original plaid plus order.

I can understand why Tesla dumped the refundable deposit. I’d have done the same. Too many people trying to game the system with multiple orders. Now at least they have to put in an ante to play.

I get we all want our cars. But really? I’ve waited well over a year, but the thought never crossed my mind. Refundable or not.

Go ahead. Down-thumb me. I’ll take a few and won’t complain. :)

I can understand why Tesla dumped the refundable deposit. I’d have done the same. Too many people trying to game the system with multiple orders. Now at least they have to put in an ante to play.

I get we all want our cars. But really? I’ve waited well over a year, but the thought never crossed my mind. Refundable or not.

Go ahead. Down-thumb me. I’ll take a few and won’t complain. :)

I wont disagree...and I am willing to pay if I decide to cancel, but if Tesla won't give me the car within say, 3 months of original EDD, I think I should get something in return, say a refund or credit.

Actually, I'd pay pay full freight right now if I could just get the car originally ordered last fall, and reasonable communication if it was delayed.