Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check out the latest Fremont Flyover video. A lot more Model S and X variants in the overflow lot compared to last week:

View attachment 733416View attachment 733417

Check out the full video here:
Thanks! You found MY CAR!!! The white one right in the center.....

On a slightly more serious note - with the overflow lot now filled, does this mean that the recent breaking news of "firmware hold" is intensifying??!!

So here is my predicament - during the delivery of our M3P over the weekend, my wife finally acknowledged that the many white (my first choice) interior in the lot looked great. But I am already stuck with the cream order!!

So… perhaps I should hedge the bet based on @Tigers prognostication and order another MSLR with WHITE interior for late ‘22 to early ‘23 delivery with hope of a near break even transaction then on the yet to be delivered MS??!! 😅😅😂😂

The white is so stunning.

Yep I’ve been pretty sure since July the model S would end the year priced at $99.9k

Yep. If demand is so strong we are talking a year plus inflation, why not?

So I was planning to upgrade from my 2014 MS85 next year, but just noticed that if you go in to order now, the estimated delivery is "November 2022".

WTF Tesla? How can orders for a car currently in production now be a full calendar year out for delivery? Good grief.
Bec Giga TX is not yet up an running. When it does get going, it will take some of the weight off of Fremont's shoulders.
Its even worse if you choose a base white/black with 19" wheels, pushes out to March 2023. Insane.
That must be the cheapest MS LR version one can buy, right??

Thanks! You found MY CAR!!! The white one right in the center.....

On a slightly more serious note - with the overflow lot now filled, does this mean that the recent breaking news of "firmware hold" is intensifying??!!
I think your hypothesis is correct. Since it’s only a firmware update, they should be able to clear the backlog quickly, which is why they don’t mind stockpiling the cars. 👍🏻

The handwriting is on the wall according to Electrek... pay a premium and get delivery faster. ;)

"Tesla has pushed the delivery timeline for new Model S orders all the way to 2023 for the cheapest version. The same is the case for the Model X, as the gap between demand and supply appears to be widening. Supply chain issues and increasing demand for electric vehicles are coming simultaneously, creating long delivery timelines across the industry. Tesla is one of the rare automakers that has been able to ramp up deliveries during these industry-wide supply chain issues, but its delivery timelines have also been slipping. In an update to its online configurator, Tesla has now pushed the delivery timeline of both Model S Long Range and Model X Long Range to “March 2023”

That’s with the base 19″ wheels, which makes it the cheapest version of the flagship sedan. As we previously reported, Tesla has started to push the bigger and more expensive wheels as standard in the configurator. It forces buyers to change the setting in order to get the smaller wheels. For the Model S, the bigger 21″ Arachnid wheels increase the price by $4,500. Even with those wheels, you don’t get the vehicle that much faster, with a ‘November 2022″ delivery timeline. You can also get a November 2022 delivery timeline by adding other extras, like different paint colors.

Buyers going for the top performance version, Model S Plaid, can get a much faster delivery of December 2021 regardless of the choice of wheels or color."

Tesla-Model-S-Long-Range.jpg
Ouch.....the Tesla app has been promising delivery of my new Model S LR for December.....but I do not yet have an S/N, so I am concerned. One thing certain: I have pulled back on any advertising to sell my current Model S 85 until the new one is in my driveway!!! Anyone else in a similar situation?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I assume the model s still has radar for those of you picking it up, right?

People are reporting some real bad behavior with model 3 and y with tons of new issues including worse phantom braking. Those of you who do not have FSD, do you find autopilot to be acceptable or worse than before?
I don't use AP much, and certainly don't have a lot of experience with it. Only one phantom braking incident. The car responded to a car traveling in the opposite direction that made a left hand turn in front of me. Maintaining speed would have been fine, but it decided to brake.

I assume the model s still has radar for those of you picking it up, right?

People are reporting some real bad behavior with model 3 and y with tons of new issues including worse phantom braking. Those of you who do not have FSD, do you find autopilot to be acceptable or worse than before?

I also would like to know if radar is still present. Mention of radar has been removed from the Model S product page, so I'm not sure.
Vision only cars are supposed to be still restricted to 80MPH AP, instead of 90MPH on radar.

Can only who has taken delivery recently confirm whether you have radar or not? Max cruise speed?