Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll bet they call it plaid plus...

So you’re saying I should keep my plate?
CC1D9CC2-F2D4-4F00-82E4-CC8B3B9BC24F.jpeg

So you’re saying I should keep my plate?
View attachment 733792
We currently cannot have custom plates in Rhode Island thanks to a Tesla owner.

He made the custom plate FKGAS, and someone complained. The DMV tried to get it back...and he successfully sued them for violating his freedom of speech. He argued it meant "Fake Gas". Since the DMV lost, they have suspended issuing any new custom plates until they can sort out rules they can enforce.

I've been waiting for almost a year now to have them lift the ban.

He made the custom plate FKGAS, and someone complained. The DMV tried to get it back...and he successfully sued them for violating his freedom of speech. He argued it meant "Fake Gas". Since the DMV lost, they have suspended issuing any new custom plates until they can sort out rules they can enforce.

That sucks...we have other problems in Cali...namely almost everything you can think of is taken. Also there's some council of 4 ppl that have full control over approving plates and they'll use any excuse they can for rejecting you. If you put your name on there but it happens to be some offensive word in some country nobody has ever heard of then instant reject. Any mention of 69 is reserved for 1969 model year vehicles etc. I tried to get "1 S3XY S" approved for my model S and it got rejected even with a thorough explanation that those are the different Tesla model names because numbers in lieu of letters are not allowed...

Before all that you gotta get through the website. The initial form I think basically checks for a simple set of rules and that nobody else has the plate registered. Then when you go to pay it goes through a secondary check of more stringent rules which might reject you and have you start all over. I found a few variations of 1.21 gigawatts that got through the first stage but rejected on the payment stage. By the way we have a Cali Tesla owner with the plate FDAPUMP which was approved. In the meaning explanation box he wrote "FDA Approved Pump" and it got through...

That sucks...we have other problems in Cali...namely almost everything you can think of is taken. Also there's some council of 4 ppl that have full control over approving plates and they'll use any excuse they can for rejecting you. If you put your name on there but it happens to be some offensive word in some country nobody has ever heard of then instant reject. Any mention of 69 is reserved for 1969 model year vehicles etc. I tried to get "1 S3XY S" approved for my model S and it got rejected even with a thorough explanation that those are the different Tesla model names because numbers in lieu of letters are not allowed...

Before all that you gotta get through the website. The initial form I think basically checks for a simple set of rules and that nobody else has the plate registered. Then when you go to pay it goes through a secondary check of more stringent rules which might reject you and have you start all over. I found a few variations of 1.21 gigawatts that got through the first stage but rejected on the payment stage. By the way we have a Cali Tesla owner with the plate FDAPUMP which was approved. In the meaning explanation box he wrote "FDA Approved Pump" and it got through...
They (DMV CA) took my money months ago. Still no plate. Still no car either. So whatever. :)

He should have been successful because the DMV is the government and the 1st Amendment. I always wondered how states got away with judging your plates.

I'm not a vanity plate kind of person; but when the Plaid came out, the Tesla critics collapsed down to "but it has no soul!" Oh, I need that on many levels. NO SOUL not available in FL in any combination. Don't know if it's taken or not allowed. LUCIFER isn't available, either.

Well ok, there's of course restrictions with TC fighting with tire traction. That's why everyone says it hits harder at speed rather than in a launch. They could be limiting it (they probably are for longevity), but if they did unlock it, it's not like we'd see 8s all of a sudden. Now if they coupled that with more power, that would be more like 8 second material. I'm quite certain that may be restricting the car for maximum repeatability. Even when the power increases come, they will likely still restrict some part of that to maintain that same Plaid feel that everyone will have gotten used to by then.
I also believe however that you may be feeling what is a long ramp of power. The Plaid doesn't make peak until 70 mph, and that's the "act 2" that everyone describes, as the full 1,020 hp is being output at that time:View attachment 733593

Go to 2:45. He removes traction control and you see real quick why the power is limited out of a dig. The wheels get smoked.