Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't trust the range. I have mine set to % and plan to keep it that way. I drive aggressively whenever the road is free so I don't trust the cars estimates.
I agree - we all know it's not real-world range. I'm just commenting on the loss of 4 miles at the 80% charge level new vs. two months later and whether that's common. I picked the car up in early September and it certainly was warmer than now, but my car is garage kept and it hasn't dipped below 60 degrees out there. Some mornings have been cold, though, driving to my office. I haven't heard anyone say it's unusual, so I'll just continue to monitor it.

Plaids terms of service specifically says "We do not sell or rent personal information that we collect." Ive used them several times in the past with no issues.
Just setup a separate account for the downpayment and burn the account down when you submit payment information. Done. Account will not exist any more.

I would not put any stock in the range display; percentage will preserve your sanity. There are whole long threads about phantom drain, range reduction, rebalancing the battery pack etc etc. My considered opinion after 3 years of Tesla ownership is: I drive car, I stop car when instructed by GPS.
I agree with you. I really haven't driven uber aggressively (I don't regularly run into worthy victims like @AnselmDante) and haven't given it too much thought. My avg energy over 3,000 miles is 281 Wh/mi. This includes 1,500 or so miles on the old battery pack if that matters (I really don't know).

I agree - we all know it's not real-world range. I'm just commenting on the loss of 4 miles at the 80% charge level new vs. two months later and whether that's common. I picked the car up in early September and it certainly was warmer than now, but my car is garage kept and it hasn't dipped below 60 degrees out there. Some mornings have been cold, though, driving to my office. I haven't heard anyone say it's unusual, so I'll just continue to monitor it.
I am down in VA and the temp has dropped overnight a LOT over the last 2 months. Even in my garage the temp has dropped at least 20%

I am down in VA and the temp has dropped overnight a LOT over the last 2 months. Even in my garage the temp has dropped at least 20%
I'm sure my results are similar. I haven't thought about it much prior to these posts. It'll all go away once Elon unlocks the power and range recently discussed. 😂

He should have been successful because the DMV is the government and the 1st Amendment. I always wondered how states got away with judging your plates.

I'm not a vanity plate kind of person; but when the Plaid came out, the Tesla critics collapsed down to "but it has no soul!" Oh, I need that on many levels. NO SOUL not available in FL in any combination. Don't know if it's taken or not allowed. LUCIFER isn't available, either.
I agree, not sure how California is getting away with it. But California government has quite a tight grip on the residents testicles and a lot of people seem to enjoy it.

Doesn't that seem low for a refresh S?
I'm not sure anyone could really answer that. I'd say since I probably have one of the higher mile refresh S's, perhaps that's just where the end up after around 10,000 miles. But we need more cars with that kind of milage to really know.

But, like I mentioned, when I plugged it in it said it was going to charge to 327. Right now it's saying 329 with 55 minutes left. It will move up again before it ends charging. I'm going to 100% on this charge.

EDIT - By the time I finished writing that, the range moved to 330.

Last edited:
I think this looks great. Because of your post I went looking for a glossy carbon fiber spoiler and it just came in. Looks beautiful. Got here in just a few days. Not months like the listing says. Beautiful and glossy. I think both look great. I just wanted mine to match the gloss trim.

I wish my tesla appt was tomorrow like they set two weeks ago. I'll post pictures once the car gets here just after thanksgiving.

I'm not sure anyone could really answer that. I'd say since I probably have one of the higher mile refresh S's, perhaps that's just where the end up after around 10,000 miles. But we need more cars with that kind of milage to really know.

But, like I mentioned, when I plugged it in it said it was going to charge to 327. Right now it's saying 329 with 55 minutes left. It will move up again before it ends charging. I'm going to 100% on this charge.

I can also add to this that the battery maintained a 348 mile range until 3500 miles. Between 3500-6500 miles the range dropped to 338 max charge. From 6500-10,500 is has moved to 331 range at max charge.

I don't know if this is true degradation, if it is weather related, if it will hit a bottom, or if it will increase. The car never shows 348 anymore though, this is for certain. Are the actual usable miles really effected, I don't know.

Last edited:

The heating of any Tesla pack due to charging could easily add a few miles.

Parking overnight will loose a few. We know this because of the snowflake symbol on Teslafi.

The range has varied on my old car 250 to 278 RM, but the capacity is solid at 76 to 77.1.

Don't geek out over the pack. Trust me on this. You will waste more time on it than this thread...

The heating of any Tesla pack due to charging could easily add a few miles.

Parking overnight will loose a few. We know this because of the snowflake symbol on Teslafi.

The range has varied on my old car 250 to 278 RM, but the capacity is solid at 76 to 77.1.

Don't geek out over the pack. Trust me on this. You will waste more time on it than this thread...
Oh I really don't care, I was just answering someone's question. Yeah, this stuff doesn't keep me up at night, I just try to be thorough when I answer.

Finally out of beta FSD!

"Hello Dickwad,

FSD Beta 10.4 has been removed from your vehicle and a production build has been pushed to it, which will be downloaded upon selecting to install it. To ensure you do not receive future Beta updates, please go to the Autopilot UI and select Controls > Autopilot > Request Full Self-Driving Beta, this will trigger a pop-up which will then present you with the Opt-Out button. You can opt back into the FSD Beta queue at any time by selecting the Request Full Self-Driving button.

-FSD Team"