Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I GOT MY VIN!!! Sadly a MF456 BUT I'll take it! This 10 month rollercoaster is almost over. Didn't receive a text, call or email. Whats the best tactic to get them to sschedule it fast?
For my other orders, I simply called the main number and asked for a delivery appointment. Both deliveries they were very helpful once I have a VIN. They set a tentative date based on estimated truck loading/transit time and the local delivery center would later follow up. With respect to local delivery center when they called to confirm the day before, they were able to pull it up to the same day that they called for early delivery both times. YMMV. Congrats and good luck!!

Since I finally turned off the “Lane departure Warning” all my shimmy and rattle went away. 🤣Except of course when I look down and I’m doing 110 within the city limits. Then my heart does a flutter or AFib reaction.
Cop
"Do you know you were doing 110?"
Me
"No, I was just passing someone and returned to (just over) the limit but I do not doubt you one bit. This thing is just too fast."
Cop
"Anything over 20 over and I have to arrest you and impound the car. SLOW DOWN."
Me
"Thank you!!!"

I reset Trip A and my average dropped from 320 to under 300. I always wondered how people were getting sub 300 W-Hr/Mile averages; they are just driving like sane humans and not a 16 year old with daddy's keys.

@lolachampcar, with this you can run from the cop next time.

I think I was 18 when I learned that lesson :)

Does anyone know how I can verify that this wasn’t a reject car or any repairs required (body / paint)? I am a little surprised it’s a MF455 since the past week or so a lot of MF456 have been showing up.
I wouldn't worry about it. I went through the same thought process. Just inspect the car using the checklist. And enjoy it if you take delivery!

Does anyone know how I can verify that this wasn’t a reject car or any repairs required (body / paint)? I am a little surprised it’s a MF455 since the past week or so a lot of MF456 have been showing up.
I have a 455 VIN that I received on Tuesday. I'm guessing Tesla just released a bunch of cars at the same time which is why we are seeing 455/456.

Is it normal to get all these documents right after getting a VIN? It’s interesting that the odometer statement is already filled out at 15 miles. Could the car be at the delivery center? Hmm

Attachments

• DCD75743-D66B-4BD6-A524-84BB0AFDAB72.jpeg
    DCD75743-D66B-4BD6-A524-84BB0AFDAB72.jpeg
    307.8 KB · Views: 76
Is it normal to get all these documents right after getting a VIN? It’s interesting that the odometer statement is already filled out at 15 miles. Could the car be at the delivery center? Hmm
I got a few of those once I got assigned a delivery appointment. Assume a few more will show up 24 hours before pickup.

I didn't have as many docs, but I imagine that's just the local requirement by you. As far as to do statement, mine said 15 as well (for the past few cars), but an earlier S I was delivered only had about 5. My current one had ~30, because they drove it to me to deliver it due to the SC getting demolished in a hurricane and not being able to do deliveries on site, haha