Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up the car on tuesday, ordered 01/29 and her we go 2 days and 185 miles after the car stops moving .

Attachments

• 734BE033-076F-4C94-AA3C-5238FDD11CDE.jpeg
    734BE033-076F-4C94-AA3C-5238FDD11CDE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
  • 96B4E5C1-12D3-4E6A-91F4-A7682775D4AD.jpeg
    96B4E5C1-12D3-4E6A-91F4-A7682775D4AD.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 73
Since I actually had a vin and a narrow delivery window, I sent an app to DCU to try to shoot for that 1.24%. Anyone have them reject and saying they can only loan less (75K max?). my income and credit score should not be a problem here.
I'm doing the same this week and they approved me for the full amount including taxes. But I've been a member for 20 years.

I've watched them do it in person before with my model 3, it's really simple and takes them about 30 seconds. It shows them a little map with coordinates/transit status and delivery time.

Oh yeah for sure. I'm going to be doing that but going in person. I get they may need to do *sugar* to it, no problem. But if people are reporting a hold and that impacts my car but haven't told me I'm going to lose my mind.
There is a software issue impacting MS deliveries. I had a delivery scheduled for 11/17 and it was delayed. I drove to the service center and asked to see the car and they obliged. Took care of some of the checklist activities and then received an updated that I could pick up the car on 11/19. Today I received a call explaining that the firmware update was scheduled for the close of business 11/18, but didn't happen, so now I have an 11/19 - 11/22 delivery window. Has to be something to do with safety since they cannot release the vehicle.

On another note, the vehicle was in great shape minus a nick in a rear panel... a beautiful car!

There is a software issue impacting MS deliveries. I had a delivery scheduled for 11/17 and it was delayed. I drove to the service center and asked to see the car and they obliged. Took care of some of the checklist activities and then received an updated that I could pick up the car on 11/19. Today I received a call explaining that the firmware update was scheduled for the close of business 11/18, but didn't happen, so now I have an 11/19 - 11/22 delivery window. Has to be something to do with safety since they cannot release the vehicle.

On another note, the vehicle was in great shape minus a nick in a rear panel... a beautiful car!

Interesting. Maybe they haven't said anything since they figure it'll be resolved by the time my delivery date is here. Who knows.

Anybody with a Plaid in the LA area, Q-Insights has reached out to me to attend a paid focus group for $200 this Saturday 1:30-3:30 in Sherman Oaks. I've done focus groups with them in the past and they're legit. They're having a hard time tracking down plaid owners so if anybody is interested please send me a DM and I'll provide the contact info of the group administrator.

It seems like they're specifically looking for people that have experience with the UI in the car so I did suggest that they widen their search to any 2021 refresh and they said they'll consider that but right now this is Plaid only owners that is free this Saturday near Sherman Oaks.

C1C9A485-260D-41F1-815F-A5DA21DF240F.jpeg

Okay folks, need some advice for this first world problem. I have a week or two left before I have to park my car for the winter, since the summer tires will no longer be viable. These rims were originally delayed until December, but I was okay parking the Tesla for a few weeks to bridge the time gap. Now it looks like it may be parked for most of the winter...

So, advice.

I really love the color I had chosen, pictured here:
20-tesla-model-3-y-s-x-ts5-flow-forged-wheels-zero-g-satin-matte-gray-web-1_a8789644-dcab-4b69-8a86-eb930d834159_694x.progressive.jpg

The gloss black may look nice, but I worry about the black not matching the same as the rest of the black trim. I could change my order, and possibly have my rims in a couple of weeks. These are the gloss black TST rims they are offering:

tesla-model-3-s-x-performance-20-inch-tesla-wheel-tst-flow-forged-gloss-black-web-1_3a9add97-9f8c-444d-bf32-32d5d5edd6d8_694x.progressive.jpg

Or I could wait till the end of December and get the satin black. The images look the same to me:
tesla-model-3-s-x-performance-20-inch-tesla-wheel-tst-flow-forged-matte-black-web-1_7347d715-c4d7-4f4a-94fc-501432f51e0f_694x.progressive.jpg

So these are my options as I see them:

1. Wait until February and not drive my car for 3-4 months.
2. Get the gloss black rims they are offering and have my car back in a few weeks.
3. Get the satin black in a month.
4. Hold out hope for someone selling their factory 19's at a cheaper price.
5. Just cancel the order and curl into a ball and cry.

What would you do? (BTW, I'm not too fond of the alternate rims they are offering).

View attachment 734601
Okay folks, need some advice for this first world problem. I have a week or two left before I have to park my car for the winter, since the summer tires will no longer be viable. These rims were originally delayed until December, but I was okay parking the Tesla for a few weeks to bridge the time gap. Now it looks like it may be parked for most of the winter...

So, advice.

I really love the color I had chosen, pictured here:
20-tesla-model-3-y-s-x-ts5-flow-forged-wheels-zero-g-satin-matte-gray-web-1_a8789644-dcab-4b69-8a86-eb930d834159_694x.progressive.jpg

The gloss black may look nice, but I worry about the black not matching the same as the rest of the black trim. I could change my order, and possibly have my rims in a couple of weeks. These are the gloss black TST rims they are offering:

tesla-model-3-s-x-performance-20-inch-tesla-wheel-tst-flow-forged-gloss-black-web-1_3a9add97-9f8c-444d-bf32-32d5d5edd6d8_694x.progressive.jpg

Or I could wait till the end of December and get the satin black. The images look the same to me:
tesla-model-3-s-x-performance-20-inch-tesla-wheel-tst-flow-forged-matte-black-web-1_7347d715-c4d7-4f4a-94fc-501432f51e0f_694x.progressive.jpg

So these are my options as I see them:

1. Wait until February and not drive my car for 3-4 months.
2. Get the gloss black rims they are offering and have my car back in a few weeks.
3. Get the satin black in a month.
4. Hold out hope for someone selling their factory 19's at a cheaper price.
5. Just cancel the order and curl into a ball and cry.

What would you do? (BTW, I'm not too fond of the alternate rims they are offering).
If it was me, I would personally keep the first, grey ones. I think if everything matched, it would still look great, if not a little monochromatic. The grey wheels are an awesome contrast with your red, and the design is sick IMHO. Reminds me of the ZeroG M3 wheels! The red will wear that wheel color to a tee. Hope this can help. 😁 :D:)