Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Prayers been answered! The new app allows me to order Telslaquila on the Store.

Didn't pull the trigger because I was afraid what the EDD would be ...
Note: Tesla Tequila is not included. As each Decanter is hand-blown, they will all have their own unique finish and no two bottles will be identical.

Just curious, why take delivery of this largely repainted $130,000 car? With required blending, a large portion of the car has non factory paint.
2 reasons:

In Canada, after January 1 there will be a 10% luxury tax.

In addition, this order was before the $10,000 price increase.

So not taking the order, and new order would cost $28,000 more. As the car is still brand-new, this does not show up on Carfax.

I thought I read somewhere where PPF and wraps have guarantees to not peel off paint when removed...

except...if the car has been repainted..

I have had 18 cars with PPF, and multiple cars had some repainting on front bumper.

The film is more durable now, but it used to discolor quite commonly and have to get replaced. I have never heard of any difference between OEM paint versus a quality paint job.

I would suspect it would only a Problem on repaints there are poorly prepared. I know where they sent this to be repeated, and have had that shop to work on my Porsches, Lotus, Lamborghini, Ferrari and Mercedes and can never tell a difference from OEM.

I have had 18 cars with PPF, and multiple cars had some repainting on front bumper.

The film is more durable now, but it used to discolor quite commonly and have to get replaced. I have never heard of any difference between OEM paint versus a quality paint job.

I would suspect it would only a Problem on repaints there are poorly prepared. I know where they sent this to be repeated, and have had that shop to work on my Porsches, Lotus, Lamborghini, Ferrari and Mercedes and can never tell a difference from OEM.

We look forward to read your problem free delivery report!

Has anyone heard of firmware updates causing delays in delivery?

My Plaid arrived at my local Tesla store 2 weeks ago. First it got delayed as there were paint scratches during transport so they had the front bumper and trunk repainted. I was supposed to get it tomorrow and now I got this email:

"Your Model S, along with all others currently needs a firmware update from the engineering team at factory prior to your delivery. We were hoping to get it resolved last night, but the engineering team needs more time to develop a fix for all Model S's about to be delivered. I do greatly apologize for the delay."

You're the 9th person (that I can find) that's reported this issue. Some estimation puts the number of VINs affected around 2,000 vehicles. Possibly more if this involves a component swap that occurred at the start of the VIN range.

At this point, I'm guessing Tesla is sitting on a LOT of inventory it can't deliver. Hopefully, that means the pressure is high to get this update released ASAP.

You're the 9th person (that I can find) that's reported this issue. Some estimation puts the number of VINs affected around 2,000 vehicles. Possibly more if this involves a component swap that occurred at the start of the VIN range.

At this point, I'm guessing Tesla is sitting on a LOT of inventory it can't deliver. Hopefully, that means the pressure is high to get this update released ASAP.
VIN:
5YJSA1E6XMF453090

Anybody with a Plaid in the LA area, Q-Insights has reached out to me to attend a paid focus group for $200 this Saturday 1:30-3:30 in Sherman Oaks. I've done focus groups with them in the past and they're legit. They're having a hard time tracking down plaid owners so if anybody is interested please send me a DM and I'll provide the contact info of the group administrator.

It seems like they're specifically looking for people that have experience with the UI in the car so I did suggest that they widen their search to any 2021 refresh and they said they'll consider that but right now this is Plaid only owners that is free this Saturday near Sherman Oaks.
They've opened this up to anybody with a 2021 refreshed S. So anybody interested please send me a PM.