Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was supposed to get the MS delivered on Sunday, Nov 21st. I called the Tesla SA and he told me that the factory software update has not been released as of noon time today. The delivery date is being tentatively pushed back to Tuesday. Some major safety update before they can release the new MS.
Major safety update?! Anyone know what it is and if it affects delivered cars?

@WilliamG

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
What do you mean? Any ACH transfer is via Plaid. Apparently checks have to be mailed to HQ and validated before the car will be released. Or a loan.
Have a hard time believing there is a recent change to what I know is true a month ago.

They will accept cashier's checks as an immediate form of payment.

But being Tesla, if you think things are not changing all the time, you are not paying enough attention...

Hypothetical: What do you think the market value of an August build 2021 Plaid (MSM, cream/Walnut) with less than 3000 miles would be (Title in hand)? I'm having a running debate with a friend and seek input from the larger community. Friend suggests near or above MSRP, incl. tax (i.e., will command a premium price), I say much less, plus the loss of Sales Tax paid. Thoughts?
Given Plaids seem pretty easy to get, I'd say no premium. LRs on the other hand....

Has anybody had any problems with paying for their car for delivery in Texas? Their instructions are, opaque.
I'm guessing that they don't want to see any money, in any form, within the state of Texas.... but they don't come right out and say it.
Which means, if its complicated now, you are going to have to have a PHD to figure it out when the cyber truck rolls out in a year or two.
None of the transaction can be completed with payment is Texas. The entire transaction takes place in Fremont since Tesla is cannot be a dealer in Texas. I just took delivery of mine in Texas and had these options. If you are using Tesla financing then you just use an ACH transfer for any down payment and sign their documents. If you are using third party financing, you provide the banking details to Tesla. ACH transfer your down payment and arrange for the banks payment. That can be a wire transfer from the bank to Tesla or a bank check sent directly to Tesla from the bank in advance of delivery. The final option, which I used, is having the bank check sent to me and provide Tesla with a photograph the check and provide them tracking information via email the day of delivery. That was the way to have the most control over a possible delay in delivery. A few weeks later Tesla will send you the documents you need to pay sales tax and register the car which includes the title signed by Elon…a digitally printed signature.

Question for the model S with current or near current software- is there any way to adjust the regen? I know there is on other and older models but I thought I remember a reviewer saying you had no ability to adjust.

Correct - unadjustable. Unless you count parking in the cold and letting car pare it back.

the whole texas thing is..interesting.
Elon was so hyped on relocating there, promoting Texas/Austin...but yet...the political powers there wont accommodate him to let him even sell his product there.

So why does he love texas so much, again vs one of the other non california states? (Hopefully its not because Rogan is there, and medical advice from Joe is so easily accessible)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yep, that workaround is definitely gone. Just tried, the X just takes you back to ‘add payment method’ which is just a button which prompts you to select ‘bank account’ which launches Plaid. Rinse and repeat.
hit the x multiple times. takes a while. you have to attempt to look like you're having trouble. lol. I did it Thursday. make sure to go past the first initial prompt when they ask you to do plaid. hit the button. then x out. repeat a few times.

I keep returning to this thread to see people take deliveries of their vehicles in hopes of getting excited about mine. For some reason it hasn’t been working, maybe it’s because the due date is still so far away, maybe its the worry it’ll be delayed, maybe I’m worried the car won’t be perfect and for 100k I expect a damn near perfect car. Maybe it’s the new Taycan GTS or the new Range Rover… never owned an SUV, kinda curious about that.
I don’t know what to do, I’ve already cancelled once, I’d hate to cancel again because I know as soon as I do I’ll want it again.
Hey Tesla how about you build the cars faster so people who over think things don’t have time to over think things.

Elon was so hyped on relocating there, promoting Texas/Austin...but yet...the political powers there wont accommodate him to let him even sell his product there.

So why does he love texas so much, again vs one of the other non california states? (Hopefully its not because Rogan is there, and medical advice from Joe is so easily accessible)
Texas is a free for all. Ever wonder how those chemical plants that explode are always right in the middle of housing developments? No zoning anything goes; it's just about the opposite of Ca which Texans will gladly point out.

Texas is a free for all. Ever wonder how those chemical plants that explode are always right in the middle of housing developments? No zoning anything goes; it's just about the opposite of Ca which Texans will gladly point out.
OMG freaking Berlin also. The damn factory was supposed to be online in July lol! Sooo much legal *sugar* to get through. Thankfully, the objection period ends on Tuesday IIRC, so hopefully SOP happens next month. (Maybe on 12/9?)

Also all weather mats? Would prefer to have a set that includes trunk and frunk too, Tesla doesn’t seem to sell them right now
I've got the all weather mats from Tesmanian bookmarked. A bit expensive but they do offer the full set.

Could be just that he hates California, and there are plenty in Texas that share that opinion...