Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received our VIN today (order RN1153)! Model S LR white with cream/walnut and 19" wheels. Original order date was 29 July 2021. To be delivered December 4-8. Woohoo!
Good to see so many LR orders being filled this past week or two! My EDD got pushed from Dec to Feb/Mar last week, which I'm hoping is inaccurate with the big end-of-year push. I ordered in June and am now seeing more and more June and even July orders getting delivered! Can't wait for my car!

So. First day of EDD tomorrow. No movement for a couple of weeks. What’s the betting line on EDD push out vs narrowing????
My guess is that you see the same pattern as I have: 2nd day into the EDD and your date range will change.
Day 2 into the EDD sees the change. Consistent with me so far. Three or four times now. I am currently day 1 into my current EDD, and my guess is this will happen to me tomorrow.

The situation is Texas is more of a reflection of the power of the automobile dealers association and their money in the legislature. Many states put in laws in place to prevent manufacturers from opening their own dealerships early on. The idea was to prevent them from finding the best markets and opening their own dealership across the street and undercutting those who worked to build the market. The laws haven’t kept up with the times. There was a bill before the legislature this year that would exempt new electric car manufacturers from those laws. Unfortunately, it never made it out of committee and died. The legislature is only in session every 2 years, so it‘ll be a while before they can try again.

Hypothetical: What do you think the market value of an August build 2021 Plaid (MSM, cream/Walnut) with less than 3000 miles would be (Title in hand)? I'm having a running debate with a friend and seek input from the larger community. Friend suggests near or above MSRP, incl. tax (i.e., will command a premium price), I say much less, plus the loss of Sales Tax paid. Thoughts?
Do not forget the after market mudflaps. Those are a premium.

But... It has wood!
wooden-bodykit-1.jpg

Teslafi reported new firmware install on MS plaid today. Hopefully this will be the magic bullet, or laxative that will enable the push out of all those cars..
I can confirm! 2021.40.6 is the build they're rolling out to all the cars with a delivery hold right now. I picked mine up tonight very shortly after it was released and that's the version onboard.

My DA did key me in to the fact it's related to the center console module, which is what powers the backup gear selectors under the wireless chargers. It sounds like there was a part swap due to a shortage and the firmware for that new module microcontroller/CPU wasn't built out until that new software version was released.

If you've got a delivery hold because of the software update, give Tesla a call first thing tomorrow. They are now able to fix it and get you your car!

I can confirm! 2021.40.6 is the build they're rolling out to all the cars with a delivery hold right now. I picked mine up tonight very shortly after it was released and that's the version onboard.

My DA did key me in to the fact it's related to the center console module, which is what powers the backup gear selectors under the wireless chargers. It sounds like there was a part swap due to a shortage and the firmware for that new module microcontroller/CPU wasn't built out until that new software version was released.

If you've got a delivery hold because of the software update, give Tesla a call first thing tomorrow. They are now able to fix it and get you your car!
Do you have active road noise reduction available in your audio options?