Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, they haven't released it yet. Greentheonly only found references to it in the 2021.40 build, but it was never actually a released feature.

Car is pretty quiet by itself, though!
Ok, that confirms it’s an EAP / feature flagged feature. There are refresh S, with 40.6, which DO have ARNR enabled. Just apparently not ours :)

Ah, I am wrong then. But I don't think I had the option in my audio settings. I'll double-check to be sure.

I'll also pull up the release notes for good measure. That might clear up some things.
Ok, that confirms it’s an EAP / feature flagged feature. There are refresh S, with 40.6, which DO have ARNR enabled. Just apparently not ours :)
Definitely might be EAP. Here were the first signs of it. Software update

E17DF5D0-13F1-4A83-8A1F-FDC5933D63DC.jpeg

I know, that's why I want to see it. 😂

BTW, my wife is getting me a Draggy for my birthday next week. Just in time for my car to get off the road until February. :mad: I hope to start getting my own tests done this spring.

I also found a 1/4 mile track I can use next time I go to Baltimore (of course I'll hook up with BobbyRitz and we'll destroy a bunch of ICE cars).
Fixed. Cecil County dragway?

Last edited:
I have an update for you guys. LOL

Tesla called me last night while I was out and couldn't answer. They send me an email telling me the instructions to get my car and all of that so I just assume it's all good.

Well, not so. They told me in a voicemail that m car has a chip/"small crack" in the windshield. LOL.

They said that they could replace it but getting a windshield is "months away probably February or March".

Then they told me I could just decline and get out back in line for a priority delivery or some *sugar*. But of course I wouldn't take a car in December.

Trying to decide what to do. I'm somewhat concerned about having a windshield replaced and it also means I can't do the window tint/ppf I wanted which means the paint might get damaged on the drives that I do.

Think I'll go by and see if theres anything else wrong tonight if I can. If not maybe I just deal with it. If there are other things (my guess) then screw it I'll wait for a 2022.

This is the most expensive thing I've ever purchase so pretty particular about it.

Any advice?

Tesla called me last night while I was out and couldn't answer. They send me an email telling me the instructions to get my car and all of that so I just assume it's all good.

Well, not so. They told me in a voicemail that m car has a chip/"small crack" in the windshield. LOL.

They said that they could replace it but getting a windshield is "months away probably February or March".

Then they told me I could just decline and get out back in line for a priority delivery or some *sugar*. But of course I wouldn't take a car in December.

Trying to decide what to do. I'm somewhat concerned about having a windshield replaced and it also means I can't do the window tint/ppf I wanted which means the paint might get damaged on the drives that I do.

Think I'll go by and see if theres anything else wrong tonight if I can. If not maybe I just deal with it. If there are other things (my guess) then screw it I'll wait for a 2022.

This is the most expensive thing I've ever purchase so pretty particular about it.

Any advice?
If you’re not happy with it don’t take it… But it makes little sense that a windshield is that far out.

Take delivery on the condition they replace the windshield once available. Get the rest of the car wrapped, but skip the main glass. Since they're going to replace it anyways, you can get it applied to the new windshield and abuse the current one guilt-free.

Any advice?
There are recent reporting in the LR room of people declining ‘21 but got rematched with a new ‘22 VIN without being placed in the back of the line. It seems incredibly incredulous of Tesla putting you back of line in your case. In addition, I personally would not want to reinstall a windshield on this car even if it’s factory. Plus a ‘22 makes a big difference for me personally. Sorry to hear about the trouble.

Last edited:
Take delivery on the condition they replace the windshield once available. Get the rest of the car wrapped, but skip the main glass. Since they're going to replace it anyways, you can get it applied to the new windshield and abuse the current one guilt-free.
@Tigers this is what I would do assuming the rest of the car is good to go. Chips can happen anytime and now you have a free pass for a few months. Also people change windshield all the time without incident. Yeah, there may be an issue but unlikely.

Life is too short. Enjoy the car.

Any advice?
I don't understand why it would take so long to get a windshield. Why the hell would they consider delivering a car with a chipped windshield? It must be a very small chip. I'd look at it and if the rest of the car passes your test, I'd take delivery if the chip is indeed very small. But I would make sure the SC orders the windshield prior to leaving.

Any advice?
Just accept it, assuming no other issues, and get the windshield replaced whenever it’s there. You will (most likely) not PPF the exterior of the windshield. And if they are tinting the interior windshield, either delay tint for that only or find out if there’s a way they can do it as a deal - half off or something.

Can they also fill the chip to make it look decent?