Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an update for you guys. LOL

Tesla called me last night while I was out and couldn't answer. They send me an email telling me the instructions to get my car and all of that so I just assume it's all good.

Well, not so. They told me in a voicemail that m car has a chip/"small crack" in the windshield. LOL.

They said that they could replace it but getting a windshield is "months away probably February or March".

Then they told me I could just decline and get out back in line for a priority delivery or some *sugar*. But of course I wouldn't take a car in December.

Trying to decide what to do. I'm somewhat concerned about having a windshield replaced and it also means I can't do the window tint/ppf I wanted which means the paint might get damaged on the drives that I do.

Think I'll go by and see if theres anything else wrong tonight if I can. If not maybe I just deal with it. If there are other things (my guess) then screw it I'll wait for a 2022.

This is the most expensive thing I've ever purchase so pretty particular about it.

Any advice?
It does seem like an opportunity to get a 2022. FWIW mine arrived with windshield damage that was replaced before delivery. No problems at all.

Given the end of year push I would be surprised if you really got pushed out that far. It feels like a pressure tactic to get you to take this car. They are certainly under a lot of pressure to clear out 'last years models'.

You can still put PPF on right away and do your tint in stages or all at once later.

I'm with you in that my car is by far the most expensive car I have ever purchased. I absolutely love it. Sometimes I just go for a drive justr because I like driving it so much. With that said, I would probably reject it and hope to get matched to a 2022. There is a perceived value difference when selling. It clearly matters more to some than others but knowing what I know now, thats what I would do.

Ha ha, I’ll gladly come to watch and cheer you guys on! You’re talking to a guy who’s averaging 261 Wh/mi after 3,000 miles. I’m too old. Lol. I haven’t launched yet, either. Thanks for the invite!
I’m at 281 Wh/mi. Live a little! I’ll also add that I’m not the oldest here, but I’m far from the youngest!

Cross posting this here since it’s the only place everyone visits :)

Looking for someone in Orem, Utah to get their new S measured for mudflaps. Do it people!!! Rockers getting obliterated!
Cross posting more info here as well in the hopes that someone in the area can accommodate them.

RokBlokz is looking for a new S to use as a template for mud flaps. They are located in Springville Utah and would need the car for one full day (drop it off in the morning and get it back that evening. Properly fitted flaps for all of us coming soon after that. I'm in Tucson and almost willing to take one for the team just to get this resolved. Someone has to be closer that is willing to help.

Contact Eli at [email protected]

I posted this in the MYP Delivery thread by mistake. It’s like the Wild West out there.

Putting it here to kill some of the incessant FUD…..this is for a Plaid order (Originally +). Ordered battery day (9/22/20). Yes, I’m still waiting. But not for lack of a a car being assigned.

Can we all stop fretting about going to the back of the line? There is clear evidence to the contrary. I have declined two vehicles now as a result of being out of country. Both times with a VIN in hand.

Tesla is doing the best they are capable of. Could they be better? No doubt. But no way are they messing with us and with any malcontent.

Furthermore, my pricing is $12k below whats on the site today. So they aren’t playing that card either.

Plan for uncertainty. When your window narrows down to a few days from the present, wait for your VIN. Then it’s time to make arrangements. The time frame is indeed compressed. I sold both our S and X well in advance knowing the delivery dates were a crapshoot. Am in rotating ICE rentals. But that’s a story for another day.

48F0A932-8C73-48CF-BF98-8DA5113FC117.jpeg

Last edited:
My delivery date just moved from 10Dec-31Dec to 29Dec-31Dec.
Looks like they are still trying to squeeze it into the very end of the quarter (I'm in California, delivery in Rocklin).
I have promised to sell my 2015 Model SD85 to a friend who is anxious to take it off my hands. I was going to transfer it just after Thanksgiving when my delivery was earlier in December (I have an old ICE Land Rover to use as a backup) but now I'm thinking I might wait a few weeks.
My friend has generously offered to lend me his Nissan Leaf to use but I'm not enthusiastic about it. ;(
I hope I get delivery by the end of the year but I'm worried.

Probably has been discussed before and I missed … new qualifier on Plaid speed View attachment 735664
Yepper that's been there since Jan 27th of this year when they dropped the Plaid. That will soon have to change though when the Rimac goes on sale next month. Once they build 25 of those, Plaid will no longer be the fastest production car. Although the price difference speaks for itself.🙂

Reactions: impastu