Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it might be the tires. My 21" summers threw rocks and did extensive damage to the doors and fenders - took 3 hours of touch up and polish prior to PPF. Driving a chip-n-seal rod sounded like a sand blaster (and, yes, low speed).

After switching to the all seasons there is not much rock throwing at all.
That is a good observation. Maybe, I don’t need to PPF then, as I am getting the 19 All Seasons my my LR.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Thanks for all the support and help, guys. @Bonelaw - what was wrong with yours?

I just got into town and was able to go by and inspect the outside of the car. I have to say, the build is actually about as good as I think Tesla will put out for these cars. It's obviously not a Lexus, but I'm not sure Tesla can put together gaps better.

The chip/crack is tiny, like the size of a ballpoint pen. It could happen as soon as I drive off, as some have mentioned.

Question: does everyone else's rubber seals stick out over the very top of the door glass when rolled up? You cant see it really, but if you rub your fingers at the top of the doors when they are closed, you can feel some of the rubber in on the outside of the glass and some is on the inside. Should I ask them to fix this, is something really messed up? I have other Model S refresh I have seen in person also have this, but the rubber is not uniformly screwed up.

I'm a relatively detail oriented person, so things I noticed are:

- Hood isn't perfect alignment, but good enough (wouldnt ask to fix)
- At the very end of the front fenders, on both sides, the tips stick out a tiny bit (2mm maybe?), wouldnt ask them to correct, most model s I have seen have this to a degree.
- The door handles are varying degrees of flushness feeling, but look aligned within the holes (not something Id ask to fix).
- the doors arent all exactly flush with the body (probably very normal for tesla, was for my model 3, but again not lexus or porsche standard), but we are talking you have to be a jackass and stand at the rear of the car and close one eye to view the body lines.

Otherwise:

- no wrinkles in seats
- between door gaps are excellent and they all appear to be exactly the same which was most surprising
- trunk gaps are excellent
- A pillar connectors are flush
- Door seals going around the door are excellent and flush and not wrinkled
- rear door trim (interior) is aligned)
- @MrExitStrategy - I squeezed the hell out of the side view mirrior black trim pieces and shook them as much as I could, no squeaks - maybe they changed materials?
- someone mentioned that the repeater cameras had a super cheap feel/material also, but i jerked the ones on my car harder than....well, and no, they were very solid (also)...so not sure if they are changing materials or something.
- No paint issues to my untrained eye. the paint felt smooth (and sexy).
- My girl told me she loved (me?) more times in the 15 minutes looking at the car, than the last 5 years combined - chicks dig the car bro

I think based on the build quality, turning this car down would be liking playing a little russian roulette.

That said @Hayseed_MS mentioned live is too short, Ive already wasted an entire year of my youth driving around a 10 year old car that, while it was good to us in college and I was broke as hell, certainly was a major downgrade to my Model 3 and of course no comparison to this.

I'm ready for the waiting to be over. I need to obviously inspect the inside tomorrow before saying "I do" but I have every intent on taking it assuming the interior is as good as it looks. OF COURSE I'LL TELL YOU WHAT I THINK ABOUT IT TOMORROW NIGHT. 🍆

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Tigers

Last edited:
Thanks for all the support and help, guys.

I just got into town and was able to go by and inspect the outside of the car. I have to say, the build is actually about as good as I think Tesla will put out for these cars. It's obviously not a Lexus, but I'm not sure Tesla can put together gaps better.

The chip/crack is tiny, like the size of a ballpoint pen. It could happen as soon as I drive off, as some have mentioned.

Question: does everyone else's rubber seals stick out over the very top of the door glass when rolled up? You cant see it really, but if you rub your fingers at the top of the doors when they are closed, you can feel some of the rubber in on the outside of the glass and some is on the inside. Should I ask them to fix this, is something really messed up?

- At the very end of the front fenders, on both sides, the tips stick out a tiny bit (2mm maybe?), wouldnt ask them to correct, most model s I have seen have this to a degree.
- The door handles are varying degrees of flushness feeling, but look aligned within the holes (not something Id ask to fix).
- the doors arent all exactly flush with the body (probably very normal for tesla, was for my model 3, but again not lexus or porsche standard), but we are talking you have to be a jackass and stand at the rear of the car and close one eye to view the body lines.

Otherwise:

- no wrinkles in seats
- between door gaps are excellent and they all appear to be exactly the same which was most surprising

I think based on the build quality, turning this car down would be liking playing a little russian roulette.

That said @Hayseed_MS mentioned live is too short, Ive already wasted an entire year of my youth driving around a 10 year old car that, while it was good to us in college and I was broke as hell, certainly was a major downgrade to my Model 3 and of course no comparison to this.

I'm ready for the waiting to be over. I need to obviously inspect the inside tomorrow before saying "I do" but I have every intent on taking it assuming the interior is as good as it looks. OF COURSE I'LL TELL YOU WHAT I THINK ABOUT IT TOMORROW NIGHT. 🍆

OMG so happy to hear that it's a good one! Dude you will love it I'm sure! An 🍆 is actually warranted in this one case I think! 🤣 ;)

Thanks for all the support and help, guys. @Bonelaw - what was wrong with yours?

Question: does everyone else's rubber seals stick out over the very top of the door glass when rolled up? You cant see it really, but if you rub your fingers at the top of the doors when they are closed, you can feel some of the rubber in on the outside of the glass and some is on the inside. Should I ask them to fix this, is something really messed up? I have other Model S refresh I have seen in person also have this, but the rubber is not uniformly screwed up.

Otherwise:

- no wrinkles in seats
- @MrExitStrategy - I squeezed the hell out of the side view mirrior black trim pieces and shook them as much as I could, no squeaks - maybe they changed materials?
- someone mentioned that the repeater cameras had a super cheap feel/material also, but i jerked the ones on my car harder than....well, and no, they were very solid (also)...so not sure if they are changing materials or something.
- No paint issues to my untrained eye. the paint felt smooth (and sexy).
- My girl told me she loved (me?) more times in the 15 minutes looking at the car, than the last 5 years combined - chicks dig the car bro

Not gonna lie but @Tigers so close to getting his S is a great day! Joined this forum around the same time. Get the SA to schedule the windscreen replace, get Safelite to patch the tiny chip in the meantime, enjoy your car, sounds like it’s a keeper, you are gonna love it!

@Tigers Congrats Dude! You totally deserve this bas ass MoFo of a car. Just TG this didn't happen to you...
Thanks man!
Come on, that will buff out!

😂😂😂

Not gonna lie but @Tigers so close to getting his S is a great day! Joined this forum around the same time. Get the SA to schedule the windscreen replace, get Safelite to patch the tiny chip in the meantime, enjoy your car, sounds like it’s a keeper, you are gonna love it!

Thank you! But I have to say, I joined way back in March 2020, but we don't talk about that year 😉

Of course in New Jersey, it is illegal to sell cars on Sunday so I won't be getting mine until at least Monday now. This is almost as bad as the when I got my original S85. It was made on December 31 and showed up at my house three weeks later on a carrier with a whole bunch of different brand cars. Just painful!
Sounds like they would outlaw my most favorite coffee mug too.

New Jersey. 😂😂😂😂