Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a P3 Stealth when magazines wrote that performance 3’s would get track mode. I had my small claims court paperwork filled out and ready to file. I gave Tesla legal a heads up on my intent. The day before my ultimatum date they released track mode to the Stealth. Coincidence? Maybe, but at least they came through.

I just got back from the Glendale Service Center in Arizona. After dinner I thought, just maybe my car would be there. I saw one white white Plaid, checked the Vin and it was IT. The car was a bit dirty since October 10th but the build, gaps, interior was beautiful. One little wrinkle in the passenger seat back but no issues with me. Even got under it so see if any scrapes, none. My car is a 2021 built in October 10th ... next to it was a 2022 built October 17 by the primer coat tag. l could see no visible difference but I know little of what is on the car. I did take pictures of the window sticker of the 2022 if anyone is interested and can pick out any differences with the 21 vs 22. I am to get the car Monday, but might call tomorrow and see if I can get it earlier. I am thrilled NOW, after hearing all the negative talk on this board lately I was very apprehensive.

Attachments

• Tesla 6.jpg
    Tesla 6.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 98
I just got back from the Glendale Service Center in Arizona. After dinner I thought, just maybe my car would be there. I saw one white white Plaid, checked the Vin and it was IT. The car was a bit dirty since October 10th but the build, gaps, interior was beautiful. One little wrinkle in the passenger seat back but no issues with me. Even got under it so see if any scrapes, none. My car is a 2021 built in October 10th ... next to it was a 2022 built October 17 by the primer coat tag. l could see no visible difference but I know little of what is on the car. I did take pictures of the window sticker of the 2022 if anyone is interested and can pick out any differences with the 21 vs 22. I am to get the car Monday, but might call tomorrow and see if I can get it earlier. I am thrilled NOW, after hearing all the negative talk on this board lately I was very apprehensive.
Congrats! share more photos :p

I’m in Love with Tesla Again

After a rough couple of months with my Model S LR delivery date slipping three to four weeks every time it was a week or two away (four times since September 15th to 29th), and no new updates on my M3P since September 25th, I feel like I just hit the exacta at the track. In first place, our brand new red MSLR is set to arrive in Devon, PA, on Monday.

And, amazingly, in second place losing by a nose is getting an update on the M3P yesterday, two whole months after the last one. Not just any update, but our first update to FSD Beta! I have to say, it was pretty scary driving in downtown Philly last night, but today on suburban roads, it was much better. Except when it tried to make a right turn on red when there was a No Right Turn on Red sign. And going home, trying to cross on red after stopping for the red light (and showing both red lights on the monitor) at the same intersection. Not quite ready for prime time yet, but still thrilling.

Finally, does anyone know, if you take delivery of a new car and are already in the FSD Beta program, whether your new vehicle will come with FSD Beta? TIA, and Happy Thanksgiving!

I’m in Love with Tesla Again

After a rough couple of months with my Model S LR delivery date slipping three to four weeks every time it was a week or two away (four times since September 15th to 29th), and no new updates on my M3P since September 25th, I feel like I just hit the exacta at the track. In first place, our brand new red MSLR is set to arrive in Devon, PA, on Monday.

And, amazingly, in second place losing by a nose is getting an update on the M3P yesterday, two whole months after the last one. Not just any update, but our first update to FSD Beta! I have to say, it was pretty scary driving in downtown Philly last night, but today on suburban roads, it was much better. Except when it tried to make a right turn on red when there was a No Right Turn on Red sign. And going home, trying to cross on red after stopping for the red light (and showing both red lights on the monitor) at the same intersection. Not quite ready for prime time yet, but still thrilling.

Finally, does anyone know, if you take delivery of a new car and are already in the FSD Beta program, whether your new vehicle will come with FSD Beta? TIA, and Happy Thanksgiving!
FSD beta is tied to the car not the driver. Sorry. It congratulations on the LR imminent arrival!

Here are the pictures of the 2022 Model S window sticker. It was upside down, I think I have rotated them correctly. If anyone sees a difference with the 2021 you can mention it here. I really don't know of any difference. Looks like I missed by a week by the car primer date.
SO BEAUTY! thats my exact config :D
I hope it happens soon for you. I am chroming the wheels and painting the calipers after ppf .. or before!! The tires are HUGE.

Attachments

• Tesla 2.jpg
    Tesla 2.jpg
    537.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Tesla 3.jpg
    Tesla 3.jpg
    518.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Tesla 4.jpg
    Tesla 4.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Tesla 5.jpg
    Tesla 5.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 73
Here are the pictures of the 2022 Model S window sticker. It was upside down, I think I have rotated them correctly. If anyone sees a difference with the 2021 you can mention it here. I really don't know of any difference. Looks like I missed by a week by the car primer date.

I hope it happens soon for you. I am chroming the wheels and painting the calipers after ppf .. or before!! The tires are HUGE.
hmmm... if i am reading this correctly why is the "deep blue metallic" listed when you current cars color paint is free?

Beautiful! I hope your delivery day goes smoothly! :)

It’s been a long strange journey to get here but finally have a beaut of a Model S in my driveway. Some thoughts and observations for those still waiting, from a prior Model 3 owner.

Let’s kick off with “the Tesla experience” overall. Well, it still sucks but it’s getting better! I hopped a Lyft to the DC (last time I spent an hour inspecting the car in November, my wife wanted to murder me after). My car was ready an hour early; paperwork in the car; “go inspect and sign when you’re done.” Not even an offer of a bottle of water. But we all expect that.

I step out and there it is - covered in swirlies straight from the factory, and a light layer of dust. Of course. And the frunk is slightly misaligned. Sigh. This is going to be a full inspection isn’t it?

After about an hour, I’ve gotten a detailer out to buff a few clear coat scratches, documented misaligned door trim on the passenger side, a misaligned door, a seat wrinkle, and a couple of other things. Frankly, it’s all way better than my 3; most of it is fixable; maybe the passenger door is, maybe it isn’t. Throughout it, the guy working on my delivery remains positive, cheerful, and helpful. He’s great and it’s killing me that I lost his name - @donandersonjr if you get a shorter 40ish Hispanic guy, he’s the man and a delight to work with.

So at this point, I’ve documented a fairly normal catalogue of Tesla errors. I’m frustrated. It’s a lot of money to have these mistakes. But, I also knew it would happen. These guys don’t make perfect cars. So I sit there for a while, in the beautiful interior, looking at the massive screen, noticing I can’t hear the two women next to me who have been shrieking over their Y for the past 45 minutes…

Yep, sorry @Tigers , we ain’t all strong like you. Boats burned by taking a Lyft. Paperwork signed, keys set up, let’s roll. At the advice of the guys at the storefront, I drop it down into sport mode, roll out of the mall, prepare to punch it… and boom, it’s thanksgiving day traffic on 93 in the Boston area. 75 minutes to get home at about 15-20mph. Dammit.

Ok. Now let’s talk what I like.
1) headlights. They’re still pretty good. Not M3 level but perfectly fine for me.
2) interior. Man oh man. What an improvement over the 3. It’s gorgeous in there. I’m generally into mid century modern and Nordic design. Tesla works for me perfectly.
3) the ride, oh, the ride… my tailbone is so pleased. The seats really are nice but that ride makes everything better. Bumping thru Boston potholes was still annoying but I didn’t feel every shock.
4) smooth ride, big booty - and yet the one time I punched it, the car shrank around me. It’s responsive and quick. I don’t want to carve corners the way I did in my 3; that car begs for it; but I definitely could.
5) I think this is an upgrade to the 3 in every way just like @jamieb told me.

I have more thoughts for another time. If you’ve hung in there to the end with me, here are some pics of the good and the bad!
Thanks for the report. She looks great, but it is irritating you have to call their attention to so many things. My wife thinks I should have gotten a bmw, and will be dropping me off so I really hope it delivers the immediate Wow factor.

Thanks for sharing. This is the first 2022 window sticker I’ve seen. I’m glad to see it still has radar, and still has XM and FM, hard to get info otherwise!
thanks again!

New Fremont Footage!! JAMMIN' AGAIN!!!!

What’s crazy is how many cars they’re producing/moving - what parts/supply issue?
I can’t estimate, but is that 500 or more cars on the logistic lot? At 7 am thanksgiving?
we don’t know, is that it and done for the day or does that get refilled throughout the day?
the volume blows me away. Yes, I want my car NOW but when you consider what’s going on in the world, it’s amazing.
communication? 0/10. Production volume? 10/10
even ford executives say buy a Tesla versus a Mach-e!