Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, I can’t believe these 2022s seem to be in worse shape than last summer’s 2021s. Bad door alignment, seat wrinkles, etc. Quite disappointing to see and read this tonight.

You're going to be really surprised then when the 2025s come with the same *sugar*!

Improvements to manufacturing for quality don't just happen because time passes. The company has to invest in quality. Tesla doesn't. That's why the door handles are the same pieces of *sugar* that people have been complaining about on here for a decade.

Cross -posted:

To the experienced Tesla owners - I'm trying not to obsess over the battery, but it's the one thing I cannot control. I've noticed the car stops 1% below my target charge %. Is that normal?

FDA933C8-1BB0-461D-B5FE-481FBE5C2294.jpeg

Cross -posted:

To the experienced Tesla owners - I'm trying not to obsess over the battery, but it's the one thing I cannot control. I've noticed the car stops 1% below my target charge %. Is that normal?

Completely normal. What most typically happens is that the car does charge to 85% and then the vampire drain happens and you lose 1%, or the car recalculates the state of charge based on new information. (State of charge is difficult to calculate and Tesla does that calculation best when you charge to 100% from time to time).

When either of the two happens your Tesla are not going to charge that 1% you are now missing because that is basically waste of time and energy. It will usually wait until 2-3% have been lost and they charge back to your level of 85%.

A third possibility is that your battery is cold and it actually is on 85% state of charge but it is only showing you 84% because the last % is locked due to cold battery.

Completely normal. What most typically happens is that the car does charge to 85% and then the vampire drain happens and you lose 1%, or the car recalculates the state of charge based on new information. (State of charge is difficult to calculate and Tesla does that calculation best when you charge to 100% from time to time).

When either of the two happens your Tesla are not going to charge that 1% you are now missing because that is basically waste of time and energy. It will usually wait until 2-3% have been lost and they charge back to your level of 85%.

A third possibility is that your battery is cold and it actually is on 85% state of charge but it is only showing you 84% because the last % is locked due to cold battery.
Thanks for your response. If it's normal, I believe it's the third option. My car sits in a garage (currently showing 52 degrees) with sentry turned off.

Seat wrinkles in the back with some scuff marksView attachment 738234. Doors are aligned ok. Back hatch is just off a hair, but I won’t worry about it. There was another Model S and their hatch needs correction.
Just got my 2022 the day before yours. I have the same rear seat wrinkles. I think that is one bench seat, with the fix being replacing the entire thing. Do you intend to have them fix it?
I have some defínete wrinkles in the drivers seat. Those should be fixed/replaced.

I also have minor misaligned trunk, but probably not worth bothering. I played with the car for hours yesterday and never once noticed it.

Picking up tomorrow. Did a little recon and found the car tonight. Two items looking for some insight.

1) Rear drivers side window is not all the way up and has the code “AL” marked on the window.

2) Windshield has FC marked on the windshield in the upper drivers side corner.

Both concern me as my current plan is to go right to the the PPF and tint shop.

Everything else looks pretty good. Couldn’t get a great look in limited light tonight.
congrats on your upcoming delivery. Ours is supposed to be delivered to SLC though haven’t had a EDD for months. Do you know if the cars are trucked or trained to SLC?

Seat wrinkles in the back with some scuff marksView attachment 738234. Doors are aligned ok. Back hatch is just off a hair, but I won’t worry about it. There was another Model S and their hatch needs correction.
I could live with it. I don’t have any friends and it’ll mostly be covered up with a dog sling or seats folded down for clubs. 😀

My garage is very tight - length is only 200 inches. According to various sources, the length of the Plaid is 197.7 inches but is the LR any shorter because it doesn’t have a spoiler? Or, is the rear bumper still longer than the spoiler (therefore it doesn’t matter)? Also, does the 197.7 inches include the front license plate?
Rear bumper is longer than spoiler, so spoiler doesn't matter. The bottom of the front spoiler appears to be the same length as the license player holder, so that also seems to not matter. Also think about width. The S is wider than my C63 and almost was wide as my wife's Grand Cherokee.

Rear bumper is longer than spoiler, so spoiler doesn't matter. The bottom of the front spoiler appears to be the same length as the license player holder, so that also seems to not matter. Also think about width. The S is wider than my C63 and almost was wide as my wife's Grand Cherokee.

I'm thinking some pressure applied via a winch or come along, attached to a door hinge or two might get you an inch or so. Just make sure nothing is in the way when you do.

Sounds like I need to burn down my house and build a new one :(

Just got my 2022 the day before yours. I have the same rear seat wrinkles. I think that is one bench seat, with the fix being replacing the entire thing. Do you intend to have them fix it?
I have some defínete wrinkles in the drivers seat. Those should be fixed/replaced.

I also have minor misaligned trunk, but probably not worth bothering. I played with the car for hours yesterday and never once noticed it.
I probably will not worry about the rear seat wrinkles provided I can remove the scuff marks myself. My rear hatch alignment is off just a little at the top, but there is no wind noise. The place to check is circled in the picture. Some other cars the hatch was elevated which you could feel with your hand.
A28D9644-63D3-42C2-A0F8-FE8DB999A764.jpeg

I probably will not worry about the rear seat wrinkles provided I can remove the scuff marks myself. My rear hatch alignment is off just a little at the top, but there is mo wind noise. The place to check is circled in the picture. Some other cars the hatch was elevated which you could feel with your hand. View attachment 738307
More details about build quality on your recent 2022 deliveries, please!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid