Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that even TMC members here who've had more than their fair share of issues almost all still love the car and the issues get / are getting resolved. My attitude going to delivery day was that I would have a very low tolerance for issues at delivery given the $ and long wait. The straw for me was being one of the last to take delivery of an MF vin and seeing NF vins get assigned as I awaited delivery. Fortunately Tesla made it easy for me...my plaid had been retrofitted with an LR trunk lid (plaid emblem and spoiler hadn't been applied), with tail lights that look like some 3rd grader used Crazy Glue to put them on, and as a bonus also had a dent. No way I was taking delivery of that bastard and having to sit through weeks of BS body shop back and forth. I'm away for the holidays for three weeks, so I just told them to put me on hold until after the NY. I think zero probability I get an MF vin after Jan 1. I don't think even Tesla can deliver an MF vin after Jan 1 without discounting. In short, have no hesitation about rejecting a car that isn't deserving of your $...help make Tesla learn how to deliver flawless cars.
Dammit! I’m sorry to hear

I think that even TMC members here who've had more than their fair share of issues almost all still love the car and the issues get / are getting resolved. My attitude going to delivery day was that I would have a very low tolerance for issues at delivery given the $ and long wait. The straw for me was being one of the last to take delivery of an MF vin and seeing NF vins get assigned as I awaited delivery. Fortunately Tesla made it easy for me...my plaid had been retrofitted with an LR trunk lid (plaid emblem and spoiler hadn't been applied), with tail lights that look like some 3rd grader used Crazy Glue to put them on, and as a bonus also had a dent. No way I was taking delivery of that bastard and having to sit through weeks of BS body shop back and forth. I'm away for the holidays for three weeks, so I just told them to put me on hold until after the NY. I think zero probability I get an MF vin after Jan 1. I don't think even Tesla can deliver an MF vin after Jan 1 without discounting. In short, have no hesitation about rejecting a car that isn't deserving of your $...help make Tesla learn how to deliver flawless cars.
Yep, kicked that “bastard” to the curb, you rightfully did!
@WilliamG

When I went through my ordeal in August, getting my summers swapped to AS, the Tesla service rep indicated that all Plaids came with the Pirelli summers. I have no first hand information though. Hoping all Plaid owners will weigh in.
Mine came with summers, but after a similar ordeal as @GrnSqrl my SC swapped the summer’s for AS Contis

Love it except the left side of the screen stays on the shift area instead of sliding over.
Yes. He mentions (in the github repository) that he's still working out some bugs, but overall, he's gotten it all working. Stalks, horn, turnsignals, wipers. And 100% OEM from the 3/Y and 100% reversible at sell time.